Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 102 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Says a bit about how they assess the draft if true.
    I'm not sure why so many of our supporters are almost wanting to get rid of Bailey Smith but a straight up pick 3 swap is a reasonable return.
    Yes, he's a unique type of player but he has star potential on and off the field and I'd like to think we can unlock the on field performances.
    If he really wants to go, then pick 3 is tempting but I suspect the Hawks would also want our 2nd rounder so they could land McCabe.
    I'd like to keep Smith but if he won't commit to us now, we're better of selling high now.

2. Likes 1eyedog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Says a bit about how they assess the draft if true.
    I'm not sure why so many of our supporters are almost wanting to get rid of Bailey Smith but a straight up pick 3 swap is a reasonable return.
    Yes, he's a unique type of player but he has star potential on and off the field and I'd like to think we can unlock the on field performances. If he really wants to go, then pick 3 is tempting.
    Do supporters really want to get rid of Smith? It is more at looking at it from an investment POV. If we can get pick 3 for a player who we drafted at pick 7 who still has some upside (and some flaws) for a potential superstar - also not knowing if Smith wants to stay - then why not take the pick 3 option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'd like to keep Smith but if he won't commit to us now, we're better of selling high now.
    Exactly. Whether there is any truth to the rumour who knows but still you may as well cash in at the top of tree rather than speculating on a decision

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    So you're telling me that chasing the famously flaky Lobb, whose contribution was paltry in another pointless season for player and team alike, that both parties now wish to distance themselves from as hastily as possible, may not be the masterstroke we were led to believe?

Sincerely torn as to whether it's a better reflection on our brains trust if Lobb *sigh* stays, or if he's promptly ushered out the back door, never to be spoken of again.
    Isn?t this just a rumour with absolutely no substance?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Do supporters really want to get rid of Smith? It is more at looking at it from an investment POV. If we can get pick 3 for a player who we drafted at pick 7 who still has some upside (and some flaws) for a potential superstar - also not knowing if Smith wants to stay - then why not take the pick 3 option.
    Is the 3rd pick in this years draft, better than Smith?

Not sure why people are worrying about a guy on BF saying Lobb out. Can we wait to see if rumour true.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Regrettably, yes.

Quit harshing my buzz, man.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Who knows but if Smith does want to leave then at least we have the opportunity for a good return. Of course I would like Smith to stay but if he wants to leave and pick 3 is offered. Let’s take it. Again only speculation if he wants to leave or not but will find out during trade week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I'm more concerned about his mental health issues and can he reach any high level potential.
    What we know currently is his kicking is hit and miss and from the outside social media and brand Bailey may be more at the top of the list than his football which appears to be the launching pad for that outside marketing.
    I think he is at a crossroad in which career benefits him more. I'm happy to keep him if he can get those priorities right.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

We 100% should keep Smith.

Having him playing for us is probably worth as much to us financially as being a top 2 team. He helps us get prime-time games, which helps us get sponsors and fans, which turn into members.

He's the definition of a marquee player: A marquee player is an athlete who is considered exceptionally popular, skilled, or otherwise outstanding, especially in professional sports.

11. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And that is why football sucks. We're literally all cheering for laundry if we think of every player as part of an investment plan...

I hate it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    And that is why football sucks. We're literally all cheering for laundry if we think of every player as part of an investment plan...

I hate it.
    I hate it too. It sucks that most of our star players seem to want out.

Post Thanks / Like

You would take pick 3 in a heartbeat for Smith. Then if we get pick 4 (without selling the house) we will be sweet for years if we can nail the picks.
    Yeah 100%. And if he goes to Hawthorn rather than Geelong, all the better.

I like the guy, and I like how he plays when he's at his best.

I feel like we are not a great team for a player with mental health issues. Not because we take a 'harden up sunshine' angle, but because we seem to go so softly-softly that there's never any sustainable improvement. I suspect that professional sport isn't the place for players with mental health issues and that Tom Boyd's response was the most mature and appropriate. I predict Smith will drop out of the game well before he fixes his onfield performance.

But our midfield is in dire straits if we lose him, so we'd better get something good for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Trading out Smith would be another massive failure of this current regime. Get behind the kid woofers.

17. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are all just still hurting from Dunkley and now "playing it safe" with regards to Smith.

The system is just so broken. We would have received more for Dunkley via compensation than we did for actually trading him (I know he wasnt eligible)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think many have much substance but people seem to believe positive news and scoff at anything that can be slightly negative.

FWIW I read this from a friend who messaged me last night before bed, has a bit more to do with VFL stuff but has decent sources and no, they don't follow BF. I kind of laughed about it but then found it had grown legs by morning. It is what it is, a rumour. We'll find out in a few weeks I guess.