Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Pick trade deadline ended with WCE still knocking back offers for Pick 1. It would be some huge twist for the CEO to call up WCE to have a live trade executed in place of the pick on Reid. I’m sure the footy media would love it, but WCE will take Reid or get an insane offer.

From there the question could be what happens to Curtin if he’s not taken by WCE at Pick 1.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks josie, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Stevo, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marty Hore should be on an AFL list, perhaps he returns to Melbourne

Melbourne granted VFL star Marty Hore his first chance in the AFL.

There is increasing speculation the Demons will give him a second opportunity too.

The 27-year-old left-footer has packed up his belongings at Ascot Vale and returned to northern Victoria to work on his family’s dairy farm.

But it’s believed the Demons, out to build their defensive depth, are keen to revive his career.

They could well do so as a rookie player through the supplemental section period early next year.

Hore won Willy’s best and fairest in 2023 and was selected in the VFL team of the year.

Two weeks ago Willy coach Justin Plapp confirmed AFL interest in his club champion.

“I think what’s happening is, there aren’t too many key defenders around at the moment and clubs are taking a good look at some of the boys in the state league,’’ he told CODE Sports.

“Marty is a quality player. He won our ‘b&f’, he was in the team of the year. He had a very, very good year. Dominated. He led the comp in intercept marks and he’s a point-of-difference player.’’

Melbourne drafted Hore in 2018 after he won two best and fairests for Collingwood VFL.

He played 14 matches in his first year with the Demons.

But injuries, including an ACL at training, cruelled his next two years and he was delisted at the end of 2021.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Marty Hore should be on an AFL list, perhaps he returns to Melbourne

Melbourne granted VFL star Marty Hore his first chance in the AFL.

There is increasing speculation the Demons will give him a second opportunity too.

The 27-year-old left-footer has packed up his belongings at Ascot Vale and returned to northern Victoria to work on his family’s dairy farm.

But it’s believed the Demons, out to build their defensive depth, are keen to revive his career.

They could well do so as a rookie player through the supplemental section period early next year.

Hore won Willy’s best and fairest in 2023 and was selected in the VFL team of the year.

Two weeks ago Willy coach Justin Plapp confirmed AFL interest in his club champion.

“I think what’s happening is, there aren’t too many key defenders around at the moment and clubs are taking a good look at some of the boys in the state league,’’ he told CODE Sports.

“Marty is a quality player. He won our ‘b&f’, he was in the team of the year. He had a very, very good year. Dominated. He led the comp in intercept marks and he’s a point-of-difference player.’’

Melbourne drafted Hore in 2018 after he won two best and fairests for Collingwood VFL.

He played 14 matches in his first year with the Demons.

But injuries, including an ACL at training, cruelled his next two years and he was delisted at the end of 2021.
    On fairly good authority, he has signed (or at least been committed to) at Melbourne. Nice result for him after getting some interest at mid season draft. They see him taking Michael Hibberds spot.

5. Thanks GVGjr, macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GCS to live trade out 24 to Brisbane and 36 or 38 to Freo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Interesting.

We know the reason?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Interesting.

We know the reason?
    Points.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Interesting.

We know the reason?
    Points.
    I think the GCS academy players are going to be selected higher than the Suns initially thought.

I heard the suns recruiting manager interviewed over the weekend and he said that he followed closely how Sam Power handled the Sam Darcy points / father son scenario.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think the GCS academy players are going to be selected higher than the Suns initially thought.

I heard the suns recruiting manager interviewed over the weekend and he said that he followed closely how Sam Power handled the Sam Darcy points / father son scenario.
    Sam is the doyen

13. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk Saints to do a deal with GCS too, for 27.

Seems like there’s going to be a heap of trading tonight, by historical standards.

Post Thanks / Like

GCS have got another 4 or 5 Academy players coming through next year too. Hardwick might be blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    GCS have got another 4 or 5 Academy players coming through next year too. Hardwick might be blessed.
    He is already GC are coming big time.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Brynn Teakle has received an offer to train with Collingwood.

18. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the guys training and vying for a ssp spot get paid?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Do the guys training and vying for a ssp spot get paid?
    I think Mick McGuane asked the say question over summer when he attended some of the sessions at Skinner. I would imagine they receive something but I can't confirm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Mick McGuane asked the say question over summer when he attended some of the sessions at Skinner. I would imagine they receive something but I can't confirm.

Why was he at training over summer?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.