Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Gee are we sure on Himmelberg? He is a fairly inconsistent and lackidasical type player.

I know he cut his hair so he doesn't appear so toolish... but is he going to be worth the coin?

Any for what it is worth he is Sydney bound.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We should be one of them. He looked incredible last year behind the ball and I don?t really understand why he?s playing forward again.
    Probably because they have no tall options to play forward other than Hogan and with Taylor & Buckley they are in a better position for talls in defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Himmelberg being chased by multiple clubs. Adelaide Crows very keen. Genuine swingman tall so I can understand why (I think he's a better defender)
    He is a significantly better player than Mitch McGovern.

I would hope we are asking the question.
    Maybe we need Rory to have a chat to him.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We should be one of them. He looked incredible last year behind the ball and I don?t really understand why he?s playing forward again.
    He may go back with Taylor out for a while.
    I?m not a huge fan but can see the appeal. He?s a bit Lobb like, where the package is more attractive than the output.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee are we sure on Himmelberg? He is a fairly inconsistent and lackidasical type player.

I know he cut his hair so he doesn't appear so toolish... but is he going to be worth the coin?

Any for what it is worth he is Sydney bound.
    Im not so sure about him. He played some good games switch to the back line last hear but Im not convinced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Probably because they have no tall options to play forward other than Hogan and with Taylor & Buckley they are in a better position for talls in defence.
    Haynes has had a bit of a resurgence as well hasnt he?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be having a deep and meaningful with Mason Redman. From what I've read, we have some space in the cap.
    I know he's South Australian but he's been in Melbourne for a while now and just maybe he finds living in the smoke preferable to wandering up and down Rundle Mall on Saturday nights.

8. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    I'd be having a deep and meaningful with Mason Redman. From what I've read, we have some space in the cap.
    I know he's South Australian but he's been in Melbourne for a while now and just maybe he finds living in the smoke preferable to wandering up and down Rundle Mall on Saturday nights.
    I like it and he's got some mongrel in him which we could really use.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Haynes has had a bit of a resurgence as well hasnt he?
    Different type - Haynes is a pure intercept marker and you really don't want him playing as a KPD.
    193cm and almost 31 - and apparently, one of their 'super-6' that are close to or on $1m per season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he may have the ability to play as a key defender much like his brother. He may not be truly good enough to be a first string ruckman but the Saints should be expressing interest in him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BAD trying to drive subscription numbers up for The Age online again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    BAD trying to drive subscription numbers up for The Age online again
    Nah, couldn't be bothered copying the whole article

Edit: Just realised it is subs only.

Here you go:

St Kilda’s open pursuit of in-demand Carlton big man Tom De Koning continues to be a source of intrigue.

Rival recruiters who were at Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Sunday to watch the Young Guns series opener also spotted the Saints’ head of talent and acquisition, Graeme “Gubby” Allan, locked in deep discussion with leading agent Paul Connors.

St Kilda are pursuing in-demand Carlton big man Tom De Koning.
    St Kilda are pursuing in-demand Carlton big man Tom De Koning.CREDIT:AFL PHOTOS

De Koning switched to the powerful Connors Sports stable, where he is managed by Robbie D’Orazio, after his previous manager, former TLA Australia agent Nigel Carmody, left the industry two years ago.

That conversation may have had nothing to do with De Koning – and sources in list management, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told Money Talks that Connors and D’Orazio typically tried not to get involved with the other’s clients.

Connors manages fellow Blues ruckman Marc Pittonet, whose two-year deal also expires at season’s end.

There is still no clarity on Pittonet’s future either, which makes sense, given the De Koning situation.

Allan and St Kilda list manager Stephen Silvagni were among the interested spectators when De Koning played in the VFL a fortnight ago. Geelong, where De Koning’s brother Sam is a premiership defender, and Sydney are also expected to chase the 23-year-old’s signature.

De Koning, who has played 46 AFL games, sat out last week while in concussion protocol, and it will be a month since his last senior match if he is not selected for Carlton’s clash with the Western Bulldogs on Saturday night.

The Saints previously enjoyed success with Paddy Ryder and Rowan Marshall as a ruck combination, and are clearly hoping the same would happen if they could pair Marshall with De Koning.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lohmann from the Lions 'in no hurry to re-sign'
    Confirmed again on AFL.com

UNSIGNED LION IN RIVALS' SIGHTS

CLUBS are tracking Brisbane youngster Kai Lohmann as the forward remains unsigned at the midway point of his second season.

Lohmann is one of only two first-round picks from the 2021 draft ? along with No.13 pick Ben Hobbs at Essendon ? who has not penned a contract extension past their initial standard two-year deals.

Lohmann was drafted from the Greater Western Victoria Rebels at pick 20 in that year's draft but has played only two games since arriving at the Lions and none this season.

The crafty hybrid forward is competing with a stack of talent inside the premiership contender's front half, leading rivals to be closely monitoring his situation as a potential trade target.

The Western Bulldogs flagged interest in Lohmann last year during the Josh Dunkley trade talks, while North Melbourne and Hawthorn were also among the clubs who had been eyeing Lohmann at the draft before the Lions swooped on him. ? Callum Twomey
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been telling y’all…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post