Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 36 of 158 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Losing Dunkley, Hunter, Treloar and probs Smith in the space of 12 months while Macrae and Libba are coming to the end.

And we don't have any young mids to take their place. We're ****ed.
    Maybe that’s our target in the draft this year .
    Maybe we are looking at trading two in from other clubs .
    This is the year we need to do it so they get a year or two preseasons in before Libba retires.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Losing Dunkley, Hunter, Treloar and probs Smith in the space of 12 months while Macrae and Libba are coming to the end.

Then go all in, do English too, and try to get 3 or 4 top 10 picks and Croft. Will suck to be us for a while, but if those four or five kids are jets the pay off is there. With young’s talls looking good with these kids.

Or just plod on like the club seems to think.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we lose Treloar we absolutely should keep Smith.
    He has flaws, but workrate and the ability to cover ground is absolutely not one of them and we need that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He has flaws, but workrate and the ability to cover ground is absolutely not one of them and we need that.
    Well we have Macrae got another 19 years so he moves back on ball at his walking pace of movement.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gives Smith a centre square gig. If he can play a role like he did against Carlton (feels a big if right now haven't seen that since) then he can be a major contributor without having amazing disposal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Gives Smith a centre square gig. If he can play a role like he did against Carlton (feels a big if right now haven't seen that since) then he can be a major contributor without having amazing disposal
    He could be the worst kick in the comp for midfielders in his purportedly class (ie not fringe state leaguers promoted due to injury). He’s truly terrible. I wouldn’t bother leading to him. If he has it we need to employ a forward pocket as bank stop to shiver is leading do they have a chance to mark in when it sails over the forward on the lead. If he wasn’t famous, he’d be copping more heat for his inability to the basics. I’ll take the pick 10 now if Geelong offers it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Told to me this morning from a Collingwood recruiter.
    Montagna mentioned it in passing on First Crack too - seems to be doing the rounds.

Post Thanks / Like

If Treloar get us Four, I’m listening.

If he doesn’t want to be here, if we can do a points deal to get us close to Pick 4 and swap Treloar with wages for a younger good player is what gets us the deal, I’m coming around. There was a story a while back they had a KPD on a long contract that some woofers liked. Maybe that’s part of it.

I don’t want to lose him. But if he wants out to QLD then maybe it’s for the best if their desire for him and our desire for Pick 4 can have a common ground. Just have to be pragmatic when Shocktober hits.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care. If he wants to go, he can go. Bring in more picks.and hit the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't care. If he wants to go, he can go. Bring in more picks.and hit the draft.
    Yep, we should look at rebuilding now with what currency we have .Its going to be a few tough years, but look at where Hawthorn is rising. They traded out Tom Mitchell, Omera, Gunstan and McEvoy.
    The lack of young strong mids coming through is going to leave us bare when Libba and Bonts retire.

I am truly concerned none of our young players are banging on the door of selection for various reasons mentioned in other threads.

Treloar played a good game on Saturday. He would be a big loss if we lose him, but we need to find a replacement for him.The only player I would consider playing was Lipinksi, Lipinski was no where near his league. so we did the right thing to trade him out.

13. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Treloar played a good game on Saturday. He would be a big loss if we lose him, but we need to find a replacement for him.The only player I would consider playing was Lipinksi, Lipinski was no where near his league. so we did the right thing to trade him out.
    Isn't Bailey Smith the closest thing we have to Treloar?

I'm not sure Gold Coast have the cap to go chasing big fish anyway, especially with whatever they pay Dusty next year. Let's not forget the Bowes disaster of last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Bailey Smith the closest thing we have to Treloar?

I'm not sure Gold Coast have the cap to go chasing big fish anyway, especially with whatever they pay Dusty next year. Let's not forget the Bowes disaster of last year.
    If the trade includes Pick 4 and perhaps includes a player back (beyond the DP trade) I’d pay some salary along with Collingwood if it meant Pick 4 & some player to be determined.

If every club wants their Pick 4 and we have something they actually want back. That’s interesting at a minimum.

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If the trade includes Pick 4 and perhaps includes a player back (beyond the DP trade) I’d pay some salary along with Collingwood if it meant Pick 4 & some player to be determined.

If every club wants their Pick 4 and we have something they actually want back. That’s interesting at a minimum.
    I'd assume we have to offer picks back too given the 3 academy kids.

I really rate Jed Walter so I don't think trading ahead of a bid is an option for them. Some recruiters have him ahead of Reid.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd assume we have to offer picks back too given the 3 academy kids.

I really rate Jed Walter so I don't think trading ahead of a bid is an option for them. Some recruiters have him ahead of Reid.
    Yep. Still a draft points trade for them. But the deal sealer to beat out other clubs is Treloar with salary paid. Who was the young KPD you liked of their on a long contract not getting a game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Still a draft points trade for them. But the deal sealer to beat out other clubs is Treloar with salary paid. Who was the young KPD you liked of their on a long contract not getting a game?
    BT, is your favourite movie Draft Day with Kevin Costner?
    More of an In Bruges guy?