Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

I'm OK with leaving people with his recent form off our radar. A few years of solid citizenry and I might reconsider.

I mean the guy literally relapsed into misogyny after being educated on the topic to save his career.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes chef, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Collingwood apparently interested in Tarryn Thomas according to Foxfooty here

Would any one on WOOF look at him if available?
    Talented player but he's done some very silly and vengeful actions. If I was a decision maker I'd want to be very close to a 100% sure he can overcome his distractions.
    I'd probably think we need to pass on someone with his baggage unless we have the resources to help him.

One thing that I heard a recruiter talk about years back is one of the tests being "Would you be happy for this player to be dating a family member?" In this instance I wouldn't.

The don't all have to be Mitch Wallis clones but Thomas has a long way to go to pass a test like that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood apparently interested in Tarryn Thomas according to Foxfooty here

Would any one on WOOF look at him if available?
    Strong no for me.

What's in some of the allegations is disgusting. Do I hope he's growing as a person? Yes. Do I want that brought into our club? No.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Talented player but he's done some very silly and vengeful actions. If I was a decision maker I'd want to be very close to a 100% sure he can overcome his distractions.
    I'd probably think we need to pass on someone with his baggage unless we have the resources to help him.

One thing that I heard a recruiter talk about years back is one of the tests being "Would you be happy for this player to be dating a family member?" In this instance I wouldn't.

The don't all have to be Mitch Wallis clones but Thomas has a long way to go to pass a test like that.
    Silly doing a lot of heavy lifting here G.

8. Likes lemmon, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is North Ben McKay out of contract?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Is North Ben McKay out of contract?
    RFA end of year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

RFA end of year
    throw the sink at him. exactly what we need down back. dads army is hanging on by a thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    throw the sink at him. exactly what we need down back. dads army is hanging on by a thread.
    No way, didn't you see the way he viciously mauled Cody? We don't want thugs like that in our team.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen of him, I'm not sure he is much of a 1-on-1 key defender to be honest. He's had one semi-decent season his entire career and he has shown a propensity to lack competitiveness against his direct opponents.

He will most likely have plenty of suitors but I honestly don't know why. Maybe he has the ability to become a gun key defender at a more successful club, but his career has been underwhelming so far IMO.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Likes 1eyedog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    No way, didn't you see the way he viciously mauled Cody? We don't want thugs like that in our team.
    To be honest, id love a bit of mongrel in our team. we play far too nicely.

Don't get me wrong, i get the whole "good bloke thing" but against Norf we were helping opposition players up off the ground, give me a spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    From what I've seen of him, I'm not sure he is much of a 1-on-1 key defender to be honest. He's had one semi-decent season his entire career and he has shown a propensity to lack competitiveness against his direct opponents.

He will most likely have plenty of suitors but I honestly don't know why. Maybe he has the ability to become a gun key defender at a more successful club, but his career has been underwhelming so far IMO.
    From what I had seen of him previously (not that much) I would tend to agree, but the way he outmarked Naughton a couple of times on Sunday when I didn't think he was in position to was impressive. It's taken a while but he may have stepped up a level this year.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, id love a bit of mongrel in our team. we play far too nicely.

Don't get me wrong, i get the whole "good bloke thing" but against Norf we were helping opposition players up off the ground, give me a spell.
    Yeah I was being facetious. His "hit" on Weightman was late and probably a bit too forceful but not the hanging offense that some made it out to be.

I'm not sure if throw the sink at him but I'd definitely ask for sure. That being said I reckon he's a bit lackadaisical and I'm not 100% sold on him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

How big is our sink?

With lots of important players coming out of contract at the end of 2024 I would think we would be quite conservative with acquisitions at the end of this year.

And North need to pay someone so would think North will make him a substantial offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How big is our sink?

With lots of important players coming out of contract at the end of 2024 I would think we would be quite conservative with acquisitions at the end of this year.

And North need to pay someone so would think North will make him a substantial offer.
    It's a tricky one for North. If he leaves, they will have an absolute spud like Corr as their key defender (Logue not much better) but they keep valuable salary cap space for their young stars and also likely pocket a national draft pick in the top 5. If he stays he will be paid on potential and could eat into their salary cap in the future when their U-23 stars start to command higher contracts, but he could improve and become a bankable quality key defender for the next 8-10 years.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It's a tricky one for North. If he leaves, they will have an absolute spud like Corr as their key defender (Logue not much better) but they keep valuable salary cap space for their young stars and also likely pocket a national draft pick in the top 5. If he stays he will be paid on potential and could eat into their salary cap in the future when their U-23 stars start to command higher contracts, but he could improve and become a bankable quality key defender for the next 8-10 years.
    Who are these players you speak of? They got their 2022 picks right, but it’s pretty thin after that in the under 23 bracket.