Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 47 of 158 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    -Three fringe players are requesting trades (no announcement until VFL season is done, no names)
    Surely Buku & Sweet have one foot out the door and all the best to them ... and one of West or Williams to in my best vol-Kane-o voice "rock the club to its core".
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

West will be doing off-season training camps with Bont and a few others, he wants to crack regular minutes in our midfield next season, not one of our players requesting a trade.
    Our non fringe players?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Our non fringe players?
    West did this last season trained with guys in US from what I recall.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...18-p5c78h.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    West did this last season trained with guys in US from what I recall.
    I completely misread the post. My bad.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Our non fringe players?
    If your meaning the likes of Smith, Naughton, English, etc, no surprises at the exit interviews, everybody staying as far as coaches are concerned.

Although October throws up some crazy shit, but I am 95% certain our current core remains into next season.

One thing to note at the exit interviews, lot of players voicing their frustration at the football department and how it's been run this last year, lot of players really hating our lack of facilities / skinners reserve, we need to get back into WO the second the paint has dry.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

6. Thanks azabob, hujsh, bulldogtragic, josie thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If your meaning the likes of Smith, Naughton, English, etc, no surprises at the exit interviews, everybody staying as far as coaches are concerned.

Although October throws up some crazy shit, but I am 95% certain our current core remains into next season.

One thing to note at the exit interviews, lot of players voicing their frustration at the football department and how it's been run this last year, lot of players really hating our lack of facilities / skinners reserve, we need to get back into WO the second the paint has dry.
    Well then. If you’re going to stay, you’re going to have to fight your guts out and restore the trust. So get to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well then. If you’re going to stay, you’re going to have to fight your guts out and restore the trust. So get to it.
    Vred? I've always thought he was a very hard working poster.

Some of the players could prepare a bit better though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Thanks Vred thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, jeemak, chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by this? Is it just the physical aspect of Skinner etc or do you mean the management generally of the football department?

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be why the club made a point of taking the players on a tour of the new facilities last week then I guess.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    What do you mean by this? Is it just the physical aspect of Skinner etc or do you mean the management generally of the football department?
    The Skinner Reserve surface was very hard on the players and it took the club and council a long while to get some improvements in the surface. We rotated a lot of players through the rehab group with a lot of leg and feet injuries.
    On top of that there wasn't much there in terms of amenities. A meeting at the club before the session, a trip out to Skinner to do the on field work would then require the drive back to the club to have a shower etc and start any gym or rehab work.

While it hasn't been seen as a contributing factor on here by a few given we got off to a slow start early in the season, I think it's played its part. The players confirmed it at some functions and at the training sessions at Skinner and now Vred has mentioned it as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I'd imagine that we were just so behind the 8 ball in terms of equipment & facility quality that it would have been incredibly frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I'd imagine that we were just so behind the 8 ball in terms of equipment & facility quality that it would have been incredibly frustrating.
    It was very hard early doors. Players were pulling up sore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    The facility won't be ready till March 2024, but maybe Gym and another areas could be useable as the finish admin etc areas
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The facility won't be ready till March 2024, but maybe Gym and another areas could be useable as the finish admin etc areas
    Will we have leading facilities once it's all done or are we playing catch-up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What parts of the facility aren’t ready because looking at the walk through it was a stand that wasn’t built yet . Everything the players use looked ready .
    Bring back the biff