Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Who are these players you speak of? They got their 2022 picks right, but it’s pretty thin after that in the under 23 bracket.
    Fair call - stars is a strong word. LDU is definitely a jet there is clear potential with the likes of Powell and Phillips - I think both are good players and improving every season. CCJ and Comben are good potential key forwards (they take more time as we know) and they have a good prospect in Xerri as 1st ruck to take over from Goldy. Obviously Wardlaw and Sheezel are potential a-graders and will have to go on a higher bracket soon as well. Their talent levels are not bursting at the seams but they will need to pony up to keep them all together, as it is a nice core of youngsters growing together. It has been their senior players who have let the team down since Ratten took over.

It would be tempting to add in another high pick if they aren't sold on McKay's competitiveness (pretty decent sample size already to make a call on him), as he will never be as valuable in terms of draft currency as he will be at the end of this season. If they have 2 picks inside the top 5 this year, the core group of quality youth only grows. Do they think they will compete for finals in 2-3 years or in 4-5 years? If the former, then probably keep McKay - if the latter than probably best to load up on more high-end draft quality.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a trade rumour, but should we be chasing Doedee - still only 26 years old

Former recruiter Matt Rendell believes Tom Doedee already has one foot out the door of the Adelaide Crows.

Doedee, a restricted free agent, comes out of contract at the end of the season but is yet to commit to the Crows longer term.

The 26-year-old ruptured his ACL in Round 12 and won’t have the opportunity to up his contract value for the remainder of the season.

Rendell believes Doedee’s situation is similar to that of Dan McStay, who was rumoured from very early in 2022 to be heading to Collingwood.

“I think he’s probably already got a deal somewhere else,” Rendell told SEN SA’s The Run Home of Doedee.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely if the price factors in his recent ACL.

I’d love to read some of the rumours name check our club though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not a trade rumour, but should we be chasing Doedee - still only 26 years old
    There's a lot to play out at the Crows. If they can get Mason Redman from the Bombers, Doedee is definitely out the door. But if Redman stays at Essendon, the Crows would have ample salary cap space to be able to afford to keep Doedee (if he wanted to stay).

If he passes his physical, I'm all in on bringing him to the kennel (at the right price). We desperately need quality taller defenders for the next 2-3 years who can actually defend while the likes of Buss, Darcy and Croft develop physically. Keath and Bruce may well be done after this year, so the cupboard is not exactly bursting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    There's a lot to play out at the Crows. If they can get Mason Redman from the Bombers, Doedee is definitely out the door. But if Redman stays at Essendon, the Crows would have ample salary cap space to be able to afford to keep Doedee (if he wanted to stay).

If he passes his physical, I'm all in on bringing him to the kennel (at the right price). We desperately need quality taller defenders for the next 2-3 years who can actually defend while the likes of Buss, Darcy and Croft develop physically. Keath and Bruce may well be done after this year, so the cupboard is not exactly bursting.
    He's done well against some impressive opponents this year before the injury but the injury isn't ideal for potential suitors.
    I agree we need to consider a player like him and according to a Crows following mate he is a great organiser of the other back man as well so knows his craft.
    It all comes down to a favorable medical report for me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Absolutely if the price factors in his recent ACL.

I’d love to read some of the rumours name check our club though.
    He is also a RFA

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He is also a RFA
    Which means Adelaide could force a trade if they bring in Redman or Himmelberg and don’t want the compo erased. A fee moving parts to play out here me thinks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

you know he is only 187cm

Post Thanks / Like

You've stolen 3cm from him.

He's not big but he would be a vast improvement on any other 3rd tall options we currently have. The ACL is obviously a major concern though.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dane Rampe is only 184cms and has done a stellar job guarding tall defenders for a decade.

Dale Morris was 190cms and has probably been the best key defender we've ever had (who happened to be able to effectively guard small forwards as well).

I care less about size and more about ability to defend. And Doedee is a very good actual defender - he's comfortably much better than everyone on our list except Liam Jones.

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dane Rampe is only 184cms
    Another 3cm tax? Rampe is 187cm

16. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doedee also seems to have an elite attitude/a leader.

18. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dane Rampe is only 184cms and has done a stellar job guarding tall defenders for a decade.

Dale Morris was 190cms and has probably been the best key defender we've ever had (who happened to be able to effectively guard small forwards as well).

I care less about size and more about ability to defend. And Doedee is a very good actual defender - he's comfortably much better than everyone on our list except Liam Jones.
    He'd be more of a Crozier/Wood interceptor than KPP anyway.

Pre-ACL I would have said hell yes, as we just don't intercept that well in out back half. Geelong are pretty much over the line by all accounts (he's a Lara boy) but I'd still table an offer as he'd be back by 2024 finals.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problems getting Doedee, but he ain't no KPD.

Edit: What Mofra said

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You've stolen 3cm from him.

He's not big but he would be a vast improvement on any other 3rd tall options we currently have. The ACL is obviously a major concern though.
    Bloody internet - his wiki page is out