Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 56 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Please.

Zac Butters WAS a first rounder and I am happy (for the purposes of this argument) to consider him STILL a first rounder. It'll be sad to see JOD having to give up his #18 guernsey to make way for Butters...sad but I'm still happy for him to do it.
    Ha now I know you're on the Mary Jane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ha now I know you're on the Mary Jane.
    LOL. I don't actually know what that means...most of my Sweet commentary is based on the high regard in which he is held on this board. He's a nice ruckman (to be fair) but his track record is very short...But, he has announced he wants to leave and it stands to reason that PA need to pay 'something' - he is OUR PLAYER. Ruckman aren't cheap. A first rounder is ridiculous - honestly, a second rounder is ridiculous - unless they are offering him 5-years of course...

I'm really curious what Port are doing here as they have a LOT of moving parts and not a lot of draft capital. I would have thought Sweet's manager would have told him all of this though and that this trade is going to happen VERY LATE in trade week. Just another strange thing that has happened this year and yet another example of a player selecting a club that basically cannot afford (at least on the surface) to actually 'pay' for him. Then again, if Dunks to Brisbane got done (and I think we all know it didn't - that the trade-week timeline was extended to permit it to be resolved) then this should be comparative child's play.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I don't actually know what that means...most of my Sweet commentary is based on the high regard in which he is held on this board. He's a nice ruckman (to be fair) but his track record is very short...But, he has announced he wants to leave and it stands to reason that PA need to pay 'something' - he is OUR PLAYER. Ruckman aren't cheap. A first rounder is ridiculous - honestly, a second rounder is ridiculous - unless they are offering him 5-years of course...

I'm really curious what Port are doing here as they have a LOT of moving parts and not a lot of draft capital. I would have thought Sweet's manager would have told him all of this though and that this trade is going to happen VERY LATE in trade week. Just another strange thing that has happened this year and yet another example of a player selecting a club that basically cannot afford (at least on the surface) to actually 'pay' for him. Then again, if Dunks to Brisbane got done (and I think we all know it didn't - that the trade-week timeline was extended to permit it to be resolved) then this should be comparative child's play.
    The managers must think we are push overs.

Yep send him to a top 4 club who have two other deals on the go....

They shouldn't be able to choose. What's the incentive for us to develop a kid like Sweet? We have been very fair with a three year offer for a guy that's played 11 games.

I'm fully supportive of playing hard ball within reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Clubs usually are fairly accommodating for players who essentially leave for more opportunity, which is what this is.
    W00F!

6. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked you better when you were talking about first rounders and Zac Butters.

Why are Port trading for two key defenders? I guess Esava can play forward. Maybe.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I liked you better when you were talking about first rounders and Zac Butters.

Why are Port trading for two key defenders? I guess Esava can play forward. Maybe.
    They have no key defenders.
    Aliir plays better as an interceptor and McKenzie is shorter than most of our midfield.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Clubs usually are fairly accommodating for players who essentially leave for more opportunity, which is what this is.
    We have some templates in 2021 when Fort, Ceglar and Lynch all switched teams who are all probably comparable to what Sweet's output is now. They went for pick upgrades. We are not getting much at all via trade.

10. Likes Dry Rot, The Bulldogs Bite, lemmon, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We have some templates in 2021 when Fort, Ceglar and Lynch all switched teams who are all probably comparable to what Sweet's output is now. They went for pick upgrades. We are not getting much at all via trade.
    Pick upgrade to help with points for Croft. Lock it in.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Twomey has linked us with James Jordan
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Other than jokes no one is expecting much for him.
    This will certainly help to facilitate bringing in Croft and we move on.
    Look forward to Port forums pondering if playing Sweet is the bold move that the coach needs to make to turn their season around

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Other than jokes no one is expecting much for him.
    This will certainly help to facilitate bringing in Croft and we move on.
    There will be lots out there expecting a decent return. Even at first I was thinking stand alone 3rd or F3rd round pick until I looked at previous trades.

Post Thanks / Like

Was looking at it last night. If Port can get an early third somehow, then we can can package that and their third tied to Freo for Pick 36 & Sweet. Nets us circa 250+ points. They then have two seconds to start negotiations in Rata & BZT.

Or, if we for Essendon 4th (tied to Syd) for Khamis first, and Freo got third round FA compo on say Bonner or similar, then an upgrade into that pick or Melbourne’s 4th we have. Then both players get us 200-300 draft points.

Not great return, but the 350+ range I think is enough for Croft as high as Pick 11. Hoping he slides a bit and Lual slides passed 40 and there’s space without live trading to grab him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Pick upgrade to help with points for Croft. Lock it in.
    It's probably the way it will pan out but if he is going to be the #1 ruckman at Port it's not an adequate return.
    Hopefully we learn from our decision to not have another genuine emerging ruckman on the list.
    It's a physically demanding position and we do need to carry some depth there.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Cal Twomey mentioned that Essendon are among a few Victorian clubs interested in Kai Lohmann.
    If we are interested we will have some other clubs to compete against.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's probably the way it will pan out but if he is going to be the #1 ruckman at Port it's an an adequate return.
    Hopefully we learn from our decision to not have another genuine emerging ruckman on the list.
    It's a physically demanding position and we do need to carry some depth there.
    Like English was?
    The poor decision made was going after Lobb. Meant English was only going to ruck. Yes he had an AA year but weren?t a better a side because of it and we will never know if a Sweet/English combination would have worked. Even a Grundy/English combination.