Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 78 of 158 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Oscar Allen would my thought. West Coast may be interested if they are doing a full re-build.
    No chance they are building around him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin-Dog View Post
    And then what? We would then be closing our flag window for the next few years, would have no future leaders coming through and would find our generational player (Bont) entering the final stages of his career by the time we have a competitive spine again.
    Not sure about this. Maybe a gap year for Bont (or another gap year). Throw Darcy forward and we still have options (Flea, Lobb, Marra).

Losing Naughton would also solidify the need to get Croft.

I don't want to lose Naughton btw.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    5, 13, 21 and the pick from Grundy or F1 -

Too good to be true and won't happen
    Still, you've been very firm on not wanting to trade our better players unless they request it and there is no sign that Naughton is looking elsewhere. Are you projecting that we need an influx of younger players coming through or is it something else specific to Naughton?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Still, you've been very firm on not wanting to trade our better players unless they request it and there is no sign that Naughton is looking elsewhere. Are you projecting that we need an influx of younger players coming through or is it something else specific to Naughton?
    Nets.

5. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Finn Callaghan...

We absolutely need to go all in and get this kid. An absolute beast of a rover in the making. Dogs fan as a kid. Related to Bevo. Lets do it.

Post Thanks / Like

true, but we would have , 4, (or 10, 17) 5, 13, 21 and F1 some good players out there. Imagine injecting that many young guns in one hit

Marra, Darcy, Lobb, Croft to replace Naughton.

BTT, I would never want to lose a Naughton, but those picks would be too good to resist.
    I understand the sound logic, I really do. It would break my heart to see Naughty in another jumper in his prime. If he wants to go then that?s another matter. We are a small club and I?m fearing that could ruin what little cultural fabric we have left and I reckon we end up being screwed as not sure all that will really be on offer. Naughts is one of the few on our list that is aggressive in a controlled way, scares opposing teams and tries his guts out. Who knows whether we can replace that. For me Bont, Marra and Naughts and possibly Darcy (Libba too, but we know he will be RWB until he retires, bless him) are on the keep list. Everyone else is potentially trade able.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    Finn Callaghan...

We absolutely need to go all in and get this kid. An absolute beast of a rover in the making. Dogs fan as a kid. Related to Bevo. Lets do it.
    Pedro you have a very fine eye. This kid looks amazing. In the Bont mould of midfielders, if we can somehow persuade him to come home and play for the Dogs that would be amazing. Very much doubt it, probably land at the Hawks or the Tigers!

Post Thanks / Like

Finn Callaghan...

It's a great thought, but the main reason GWS were so happy to offload Taranto and Hopper (and their huge salaries) off the books was because they are building their future midfield around Tom Green and Finn Callaghan.

Not to mention the huge salary cap savings were able to be used on retention for the likes of Himmelberg.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I don't want to trade players unless they request it but with 4 x first rounders and a early 2nd, any club would be mad not to. As I said it won't happen, it is unrealistic. I love Naughton as a player.

As for young players, I have maintained all along, I prefer we draft this year or if we trade in, then it should be younger players coming in - like the ones we are linked to.

We have to think of the future with an ageing list. No more 30 plus year olds. We lack depth, and need to turn over 12 players (which we won't )
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Finn Callaghan...

Signed an extension for two years in February - so contract to end of 25

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    You're only doing it if Melbourne have offered him a contract which he wants to take. Then you say to Melbourne "what are you giving us in return?". And they offer 5, 13, 21 and a f1. And you say thanks, bye Aaron. (Although is complicated in that we lose at least one of those picks on Croft).

Definitely better for us to keep Naughton.
    Fair.

As you said, would much prefer to keep Naughton and any notion that it would be offset because of Croft is wishful. To be honest, I am not overly bullish on Croft though..
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Nets.
    It's a legit question , just out of character for BAD
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a legit question , just out of character for BAD
    I think you don't get it

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Pedro you have a very fine eye. This kid looks amazing. In the Bont mould of midfielders, if we can somehow persuade him to come home and play for the Dogs that would be amazing. Very much doubt it, probably land at the Hawks or the Tigers!
    Look it's a long shot for sure, but gee he'd be amazing next to Bont. Has pace, run and carry, intensity and an appetite for the contest. Love watching him play. Here's hoping that one day its in red white and blue.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5, 13, 21 and the pick from Grundy or F1 -

Too good to be true and won't happen
    With all the tall forwards we have right now (JUH, Darcy, Croft, Lobb, Naughton et al.) we need to have one or possibly two play back. The natural selection out of those listed is Naughton. If he refuses to play in defence (as is rumoured) then I would happily takes those picks listed from Melbourne if offered.
    WOOF Member 422