Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 81 of 158 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

If Buku does stay I hope we have a realistic plan for a role that will see him have a reasonable chance at more than a few token senior games.

If we have convinced him we must have sold him something.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund - Carlton no longer interested in Crozier. Dogs have told him to see if any interest in trade period.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If Buku does stay I hope we have a realistic plan for a role that will see him have a reasonable chance at more than a few token senior games.

If we have convinced him we must have sold him something.
    Maybe it's back to defence and taking the Tim O'Brien interceptor role? I kind of see that with Jones, Keath, and Gardiner all 30+ and Busslinger and JOD ended up as genuine key position players, but it doesn't make much sense with Khamis having shown his most consistent form as a forward (and it felt the club didn't rate him as a defender).

I just can't see a path to him playing any footy with all of our big forwards ahead of him. If I were him, I'd be walking to whichever club had offered me the longest contract and the best plan for getting me in the 22.

6. Likes josie, DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sam Edmund - Carlton no longer interested in Crozier. Dogs have told him to see if any interest in trade period.
    lol. so within 24 hours what changed?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Maybe it's back to defence and taking the Tim O'Brien interceptor role? I kind of see that with Jones, Keath, and Gardiner all 30+ and Busslinger and JOD ended up as genuine key position players, but it doesn't make much sense with Khamis having shown his most consistent form as a forward (and it felt the club didn't rate him as a defender).

I just can't see a path to him playing any footy with all of our big forwards ahead of him. If I were him, I'd be walking to whichever club had offered me the longest contract and the best plan for getting me in the 22.
    Sadly, maybe that's us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Both sides are trying to address perceived problems in their list. If we were draft focused why did we recruit Lobb?
    That was last year. This thread is for 2023 rumours I thought?

We've been pretty adamant under Power on keeping our first rounders anyway
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post

Gardner is 26 years old

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Look I think Lobb was a mistake but we all know why we recruited him - the club thought we were very close to a premiership and also believed the 4 tall attack would win it. We went all in to try and grab another premiership and so far it has failed.
    We recruited Lobb for the second ruck/fwd role. This board and many supporters have for years whinged about Dunkley, Hannan, Bont etc being second rucks.

Please don't come back at me with Sweet/Tim, because Tim has proven he is First ruck with his AA, and Sweet has no hope of being a second ruck/fwd.

14. Thanks jeemak, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes josie, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Buku but I get the feeling a lot of our fans are so frustrated and out of belief that it's assumed the club is getting stuff wrong all the time. Like Buku isn't in a 22 because our MC/Bevo are idiots.

Look the latter might be true, but from what I've seen of Khamis, not many sides are going to guarantee him a spot in the side.

He is undersized as a KPF. Got lost playing down back and his engine doesn't seem great. I hope the guy kills it but we are talking like this is Rohde with Gilbee out of the side.

16. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We recruited Lobb for the second ruck/fwd role. This board and many supporters have for years whinged about Dunkley, Hannan, Bont etc being second rucks.

Please don't come back at me with Sweet/Tim, because Tim has proven he is First ruck with his AA, and Sweet has no hope of being a second ruck/fwd.
    I'm not sure why you are critical WOOF and Bulldog members for wanting the club to address the 2nd ruck role, where you okay with Dunkley, Bont and others splitting the role?

I also don't think that is the point that TD is making. I'd suggest that given what we gave up in terms of trade currency to bring Lobb in and then the performance he displayed since his arrival hasn't proved TD is suggesting it wasn't a win for us.

Lobb's very likely to do a Bruce and have a vastly better 2nd season than his first one and there were some encouraging signs late in the season with his form.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure why you are critical WOOF and Bulldog members for wanting the club to address the 2nd ruck role, where you okay with Dunkley, Bont and others splitting the role?

I also don't think that is the point that TD is making. I'd suggest that given what we gave up in terms of trade currency to bring Lobb in and then the performance he displayed since his arrival hasn't proved TD is suggesting it wasn't a win for us.

Lobb's very likely to do a Bruce and have a vastly better 2nd season than his first one and there were some encouraging signs late in the season with his form.
    The only thing I am critical of his thinking Lobb is a mistake when he was recruited to plug the second ruck role which we all complained about.

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more
    Agree with what? Just given you examples of us getting screwed in trades in and out. I forgot Hunter and probably more . Nothing of what Hotdog60 wrote says we weren?t screwed just excuses.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I am critical of his thinking Lobb is a mistake when he was recruited to plug the second ruck role which we all complained about.
    But the point being made is that it didn't work that well. That's also not on WOOF and Bulldog members because they wanted the role to be addressed.

How did you rate Lobb's performance this year?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see a role for Buku in the seniors. Why we fussed whether he goes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That was last year. This thread is for 2023 rumours I thought?

We've been pretty adamant under Power on keeping our first rounders anyway
    We are only draft focus this year because no one of note wants to come to us.