Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 84 of 158 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Dee's are going to make another play for Naughton this off season.
    Ok thanks, but what is their salary cap position to accommodate this?

And what will/can they offer us in a trade?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The posts on this forum just shows how little faith supporters have in the club at present (and rightly so). Morale is very very low.

What do we want to see this off-season to restore the faith somewhat?
    Mines not. I am confident we are on the right track assistant coaches wise and history shows us we were pipped by a small margin in quite a number of games this year. I trust the club trade and draft wise. I am buoyant for season 2024.

3. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goldstein has a couple of clubs interested in his services but Collingwood seem to be in the box seat ahead of Essendon.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Mines not. I am confident we are on the right track assistant coaches wise and history shows us we were pipped by a small margin in quite a number of games this year. I trust the club trade and draft wise. I am buoyant for season 2024.
    You're a better man than me. My morale as a supporter is lower than the bottom of the barrell. We're likely to run out in 2024 with a very similar lineup and the same head coach that provided us with a horrid season. It looks gross right now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You're a better man than me. My morale as a supporter is lower than the bottom of the barrell. We're likely to run out in 2024 with a very similar lineup and the same head coach that provided us with a horrid season. It looks gross right now
    I wish I could see reason for optimism for next year. But it’s not apparent and I still have Shocktober like feelings.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think the limiting of our midfield/ centre bounce/ stoppage mix and their attitude towards curtailing opposition has contributed more to our drop than Tim taking a more prominent role, or Lobb joining the club.

My view is we have the right mix of midfield players to succeed or at least be more competitive, but not the right localised midfield strategy or mindset to make it happen.

Additionally, we keep talking about how well Jones impacted our fortunes, but he was out for substantial time and that coupled with no continuity in his medium and tall support rendered our defence ineffective for much of the season.

As for Lobb, the amount of shit that's being put on his recruitment boggles my mind. We ripped the best forward from the team that beat us in an elimination final last year, which was great (although we can't attract talent apparently), and instead of playing almost full minutes as the number one he had to sit at number three and we wonder why he wasn't as productive. I'm not going to give him a pass, but Jesus, the way we play is difficult for anyone forward of centre right or wrong, and some of the commentary around it is unbelievable.

This isn't directed at you Sedat, but the binary this is good or this is bad across players and coaching performance is short sighted and doesn't go half way to explaining why we were middling this year. I mean at the end of the day we weren't shit, even though we didn't meet expectations, but we have to be honest that a mix of personnel, coaching, effort and a range of other things need to be addressed.

This is the most important preseason I can remember, possibly only second to 2014/ 2015 and the one after it to get us back on track.
    Maybe not at the end of the day but certainly at the end of the season.

If it hadn?t been for the last two quarters against a depleted tanking Geelong this would have been in the running for the worst season finish of the century.

I am still getting thank-you messages from West Coast supporters who believed 100 point thrashing were their destiny.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just not prepared to be so strident in my judgement at this stage.
    I see no evidence we've been derelict or oblivious to how we prepare and plan.
    Until any direct evidence of unprofessional management, I'm comfortable giving the club benefit of doubt in regards to their strategic and forward planning. I'll reserve judgement until it all pans out.

10. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've flagged our intentions to not really hit the draft table and we don't have a lot of draft currency to be big players at the trade table so there is a real chance our focus in 2024 will be more on the investments we have made in the last few drafts and hoping the improvements come from there.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

SAINTS LOOK TO LOCK IN TOP-10 PICK

ST KILDA has extended an offer to its injury-plagued former first-round pick Nick Coffield, with the Saints hoping to ward off interest in the uncontracted defender from a handful of rival clubs.

Coffield has attracted the attentions of Brisbane and the Western Bulldogs recently as he nears the end of a two-year deal he signed before the 2021 season, but is yet to decide on his future.

The 191cm half-back has endured an unfortunate period, having not featured at AFL level in more than two years after suffering a ruptured ACL that ruined his 2022 campaign before battling calf injuries this season.

A two-year deal at St Kilda would take Coffield through to free agency, having arrived at the club with the eighth selection in the 2017 national draft alongside fellow uncontracted Saint Hunter Clark.

St Kilda currently has a host of other players coming towards the end of their deals at RSEA Park, though last summer's pre-season supplemental pick-up Liam Stocker also has an offer on the table to stay. ? Riley Beveridge

13. Thanks GVGjr, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We've flagged our intentions to not really hit the draft table and we don't have a lot of draft currency to be big players at the trade table so there is a real chance our focus in 2024 will be more on the investments we have made in the last few drafts and hoping the improvements come from there.
    Yep. Summary:

- Croft yet to commit
    - In the hunt to trade up to pick 5 unless North/AFEL get us
    - Only 2-4 Draft Picks
    - Scott will be upgraded
    - No real capital to trade with
    - Trade names like Coffield who hasn’t played in two years
    - Lost the race on players like Henry (good), while guys at other clubs not getting games passed on us (Lohmann)
    - Sweet wants out, Khamis yet to re-commit or request out (won’t play anyway)
    - Still have on the list Croz, Duryea, McNeil, Roarke, Bedendo etc.
    - Smith, Webb & Varcoe are out
    - No assistants in
    - No change to the powers that be in the footy dept

That’s just the summary of what we know.

My opinion of that summary is not filling me with optimism.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes Dry Rot, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wish I could see reason for optimism for next year. But it’s not apparent and I still have Shocktober like feelings.
    Well we'll be premiers in 2025 then. There's your optimism!

17. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

- Croft yet to commit
    Curious isn't it.

I wonder if he's watching our structure and saying:

"Naughton, JUH, Darcy...Umm. Where exactly am i gonna play??"

I'm also pretty curious what the messaging from the club has been to the young fella??
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you GMo. I do my best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Curious isn't it.

I wonder if he's watching our structure and saying:

"Naughton, JUH, Darcy...Umm. Where exactly am i gonna play??"

I'm also pretty curious what the messaging from the club has been to the young fella??
    It's not that uncommon is it? Ashcroft took some time to commit last year and the Davey twins didn't nominate Essendon until quite late.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's not that uncommon is it? Ashcroft took some time to commit last year and the Davey twins didn't nominate Essendon until quite late.
    In their cases I believe they held out to get a longer than standard rookie contract which FS can demand. If that’s all Croft is doing, then that’s fine. If it’s not, that’s a chunk of doubt on where he sees things for him &/or the club direction.