Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 86 of 158 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Andrew Mackie has flagged they'd be open to trading pick 7 should the right player or pick swap come up and they've already had conversations. I'd probably stay away from that because it feels like Geelong don't deal unless it's hugely lopsided in their favour, but sounds as though something may be happening there.
    I'd be interested if it cost less than the pick 4 and McKercher was off the table before the pick 4. He's really the only one I'm super keen on trading up that high for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Heard he's choosing norf.

I'm hoping we get Chris Dawes.
    Sedat has entered the chat. Something something Cheesy something something
    Last edited by EasternWest; 28-09-2023 at 02:48 PM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Andrew Mackie has flagged they'd be open to trading pick 7 should the right player or pick swap come up and they've already had conversations. I'd probably stay away from that because it feels like Geelong don't deal unless it's hugely lopsided in their favour, but sounds as though something may be happening there.
    Stephen Wells was a bit more fair minded but Mackie is a bit more difficult. I wonder what we have that interests them other than Bailey Smith.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel deeply jilted every time another bloke who's barely fringe-22 chooses a different destination.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes josie, Bulldog4life, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I feel deeply jilted every time another bloke who's barely fringe-22 chooses a different destination.
    It's a bit like that.

"You mean you want to leave your club because you can't get a game? Well come to the dogs. We're desperate for a guy like you. We have no one who can adequately play that position. You're essentially guaranteed a spot in the 22 each week."

"Hmm. Nah".

8. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the end of the season capitulation and the diatribe from our football department and upper management, we need to land at least one big fish. A high profile assistant coach or the trade for pick 4 will appease the masses. Unfortunately anything less than this, will see our off-season considered (by said masses) as a disaster. This will directly impact our membership, ticket sales and the 2024 fixture. (High profile t.v. games)
    I am a glass half-full kind of person. I believe we can do this, but we have to think outside of the box. We can’t have 5 tall fowards. Naughton/JUH/Lobb/Darcy/Croft. One or two of them have to play back or move on. I still don’t rate Naughton as a forward. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s an incredible player. His ability to crash a pack is second-to-none right now and I’d prefer to keep him than lose him, but he has to play back or both Darcy and Croft have to learn the role. In saying all this, I would be willing to shop Naughton for the right price. A single digit pick this year and next year would be that price … anything less is unacceptable.

Now … if we can land Stuart Dew or trade up to pick 4, then Naughton is off the market. But something big has to happen
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I think it the Age on google news saying the Hawks are interested in JUH it was a sketchy article I saw at work.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I feel jilted watching some of ours play every week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think it the Age on google news saying the Hawks are interested in JUH it was a sketchy article I saw at work.
    If it's the article I'm thinking of it was just speculation about the Hawks being after a key forward, most likely next year and it named Marra, Naughton and Ben King as they all come out of contract in 2024.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If it's the article I'm thinking of it was just speculation about the Hawks being after a key forward, most likely next year and it named Marra, Naughton and Ben King as they all come out of contract in 2024.
    You could be right it was only a quick read because I should have been working.
    I hope we sign Marra before the end of the season.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    You could be right it was only a quick read because I should have been working.
    I hope we sign Marra before the end of the season.
    I posted the article see here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes Hotdog60 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I posted the article see here
    I knew somebody had posted it. Poorly researched though as they think Naughton will be a free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

HUN:

Dogs offering 10, 17, F1 with a possible F3 coming back from GCS for Pick 4.

I don?t like it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    HUN:

Dogs offering 10, 17, F1 with a possible F3 coming back from GCS for Pick 4.

I don?t like it.
    My god. Somebody save us.

What a disaster of a trade.
    The curse is dead.

19. Likes bulldogtragic, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    My god. Somebody save us.

What a disaster of a trade.
    Send Macaroons!

Speaking of which, had some at the Royal Melbourne yesterday.
    Raspberry and white chocolate, it felt like some hybrid abomination... But I made an exception.

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post