Thanks Thanks:  376
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 99 of 158 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2357
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours 2023

I guess his "hamstring" or whatever it was must be pretty bad.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

2. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What the heck!

He may just be a loose unit.

Tried to tattoo himself and got infected?

Moving in with Gawn considered due to issues during injury.... Hmm mm.

One year Lachie was there....

Wait... How does Tom Morris know this!?

HUNTEEEEEEEEER

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Entitled prick T Morris (aka Tom M) reporting that Melbourne are open to trading Oliver for the right price.....
    Obviously it was not happy times for either during his hammy issues and I seem to recall watching an interview with Oliver where he seemed both incredibly frustrated with the situation AND like a complete peanut.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    When your argument relies on statistics you have lost the debate.
    I wasn't
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    English is in no hurry for a new contract, it seems.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1048373/...s-star-to-wait

ALL-AUSTRALIAN IN NO HURRY TO EXTEND

TIM ENGLISH
    is in no rush to kickstart contract talks at the Western Bulldogs, as the supremely talented ruck prepares to enter a season where he will be among the biggest free agents in the game.

The Bulldogs big man is coming off a career-best season this year, recognised with All-Australian honours for the first time, and will hit his free agency campaign next season when his deal expires at the end of 2024.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable earlier this year, Bulldogs list manager Sam Power said the club would look to begin talks over extending English "as early as possible" to avoid speculation about his future.

However, the ruckman's agent Andrew McDougall from Corporate Sports Australia said English's sole focus remained on ensuring he was fit and healthy heading into the upcoming pre-season.

"He's a free agent, so it does change things," McDougall told Gettable on Monday.

"The last conversation I had with him, he's really comfortable. He's looking forward to a big pre-season. Both him and Aaron Naughton were really keen to get the club into finals and will both be staying at the club next year.

"They really want to drive that club forward next year. Twelve months is a long time in footy, but at the same time they're just focusing on their pre-season, having a bit of a holiday and then heading off."

But, despite confirming that English ? as well as Naughton ? would be at the Bulldogs next season, he was noncommittal in putting a timeframe on when the ruckman would start discussions with the club over an extension.

"He [English] has got a few moving parts," McDougall said.

"His partner [Rudi Ellis] was with the West Coast Fever last year in Perth. He's got a property here in Melbourne, but also she's got a property in Perth. There are a number of factors, so a lot of things change.

"But, at the same time, he just wants to focus on his pre-season. It's probably too early to have any type of dialogue at the moment, so we're just going to wait for a while to get things moving and see how he settles in for the start of the year." ? Riley Beveridge

I suppose it's pretty rote fare from an agent simply doing his job but to an uncharitable eye English might now seem like a player who's reputedly dictated the way he's utilised, which is debatably more fruitful for personal gain rather than team gain and now fully intends leveraging that output on his next deal while in no hurry to express any allegiance toward the team that's endured his copious growing pains over 7 seasons, during much of which he's ritually struggled to capably service what's been the best midfield crew at our disposal in my lifetime.

The coach has even confessed he's felt handcuffed at times in the way we've been able to deploy our chief weapons because of the wariness around compensating for a ruckman with a tendency to get monstered by certain opponents.

While it's a premature bow to draw, the idea that we chose to persist with English in this way but might soon be repaid by him rolling out his AA-blazer and saying I've got clout now so pay me or trade me is more than a bit galling.

We cannot get played again by another non-committal type, be it English or anyone else on the cusp of a new deal, but I'm not sure I trust us to avoid the same trap.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, Dry Rot, Sedat, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I suppose it's pretty rote fare from an agent simply doing his job but to an uncharitable eye English might now seem like a player who's reputedly dictated the way he's utilised, which is debatably more fruitful for personal gain rather than team gain and now fully intends leveraging that output on his next deal while in no hurry to express any allegiance toward the team that's endured his copious growing pains over 7 seasons, during much of which he's ritually struggled to capably service what's been the best midfield crew at our disposal in my lifetime.

The coach has even confessed he's felt handcuffed at times in the way we've been able to deploy our chief weapons because of the wariness around compensating for a ruckman with a tendency to get monstered by certain opponents.

While it's a premature bow to draw, the idea that we chose to persist with English in this way but might soon be repaid by him rolling out his AA-blazer and saying I've got clout now so pay me or trade me is more than a bit galling.

We cannot get played again by another non-committal type, be it English or anyone else on the cusp of a new deal, but I'm not sure I trust us to avoid the same trap.
    All I see is Dunks as barbie.

10. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I guess his "hamstring" or whatever it was must be pretty bad.
    There have been unconfirmed rumours with Oliver since mid year. Either way, you don?t trade out a player that is on a 7 year deal and is in the top handful of the competition unless something is really, really broken.

This has the Jake Stringers, Ben Cousins or Wayne Careys about it.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    There have been unconfirmed rumours with Oliver since mid year. Either way, you don?t trade out a player that is on a 7 year deal and is in the top handful of the competition unless something is really, really broken.

This has the Jake Stringers, Ben Cousins or Wayne Careys about it.
    I can tell you he was a naughty boy during his injury

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks josie, The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What's the max you'd pay a year to keep him?
    In the range of $875,000 to 950,000.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy on BF who usually has good mail is saying that Lobb is leaving.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In the range of $875,000 to 950,000.
    I think he leaves if that's that offer. Gut feel.

18. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually hate this time of the year in regards to footy

Post Thanks / Like

Why?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that last game against Geelong was a promising spring board to a successful next year with us. Wow, hope that rumours wrong or part of some grand plan where we have a grand plan. English needs ruck support and Darcy is too currently too lightly built to fulfil that role imo (already injuries are an issue with him).
    Last edited by josie; 04-10-2023 at 01:45 AM.

22. Likes Testekill, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I actually hate this time of the year in regards to footy
    But everyone is GETTABLE on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio. What's not to love?

(If Oliver leaves Melbourne in a messy situation like Jake Stringer you won't be able to wipe the smile off my face)