Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: 2023, Rnd 6 vs Fremantle

I found a moment that wasn’t game changing but showed team work from Jamarra that didn’t come off but I found gave me a smile .
    Jamarra shepherding for Archie and Archie leaving it for Jamarra.
    I think Archie is a gun but still looks up to his counterparts and lets them go first.
    I hope Bevo can use this moment as a positive.
    I’m not sure who actually should have gone for it . It was one of those 50/50s, where you either both go for it or you both don’t.
    Bring back the biff

2. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Treloars snap goal late in the 3rd wrestled the momentum back to us at an important part of the game
    Yep, hugely important at the time and a classy goal.
    I thought everyone of Williams goals were timely to the scoreboard pressure.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

When Freo made Rory Lobb the centre of their attention. Lucky they didn?t go after a good player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Treloars snap goal late in the 3rd wrestled the momentum back to us at an important part of the game
    It was the response to the Frederick goal after Lobb's miss too. Normally the kind of moment that sees the game swing back to level scores at least. Huge counter moment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    When Freo made Rory Lobb the centre of their attention. Lucky they didn?t go after a good player
    Why do we feel the need to put shit on Rory Lobb?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm hoping with the freo game out of the way he can focus on his footy with us. He's a good player. Just needs to settle in.

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Williams slotting that beauty when we couldn't thread them.

Post Thanks / Like

Because supporters expect every player to be at the level of a Bont.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It was the response to the Frederick goal after Lobb's miss too. Normally the kind of moment that sees the game swing back to level scores at least. Huge counter moment
    I was genuinely concerned that Lobb's miss was going to be "the moment" that started us getting run over.

For me the moment was more like the last couple of minutes at the end of the third where it kept sling-shotting back into Freo's Fwd50 but they didn't actually score, robbing Freo of a shot of belief going into the fourth.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

12. Likes bornadog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak's View Post
    Because his early performances have always been considered unacceptable by supporters. In his first four games he had 4, 6, 8, ? disposals, missed easy goals, got in Naughton?s way, didn?t chase. Continued selection was based on the game in Melbourne last year.

He now seems to be a sensible selection but those early games? Think not.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched him through the preseason and thought we had added that missing piece on match day of someone being about to kick a goal or two and make us very competitive in the ruck when English was having a rest. This was also supported by a couple of Melbourne mates who separately mentioned that Lobb was also a disruptive player against them when pushed behind the ball and that he clogged up a number of Melbourne kicks into their forward line.

I'm not discounting that we might not have done the right thing by him but playing him round one with an injury but his energy level has been poor and some of his skill level and decision making has been lacking so far. Hopefully he will get into a rich vein of form soon but so far he hasn't been the difference maker we would have been hoping for.

We shouldn't be putting shit on him but he hasn't deserved a pat on the back yet either as he hasn't shown more than what Bruce would have brought us in the same role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb presented well on Friday night, so its his best game so far for us, despite his poor kicking. I have high expectations for him because:
    1. senior player and in the system long enough to know what is expected and what it takes to get to GF
    2. one of the highest paid . Yes his a mecrcenary, but at least make him earn his money.
    3. He knows his role and we expect him to cover for English when he is having a rest.
    4. Co-ordinate the fwd line a bit better. Ablett Jnr, Selwood were renowned to be the onfield coaches for their team. We need someone commanding the team to setup properly at the fwd line. What I have observed so far in first 5 games are fwds running to the same spot, clogging each others way. Is it leadership? Yeah, maybe, but just hate to get beaten attitude we need to instill in our players.

We are in the window of opportunity to contest to at least challenge for finals, getting to a GF is another level that is required. Lobb is one of the pieces, but he just needs to play to a higher standard.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a half joke besides his performances have been underwhelming so far

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I watched him through the preseason and thought we had added that missing piece on match day of someone being about to kick a goal or two and make us very competitive in the ruck when English was having a rest. This was also supported by a couple of Melbourne mates who separately mentioned that Lobb was also a disruptive player against them when pushed behind the ball and that he clogged up a number of Melbourne kicks into their forward line.

I'm not discounting that we might not have done the right thing by him but playing him round one with an injury but his energy level has been poor and some of his skill level and decision making has been lacking so far. Hopefully he will get into a rich vein of form soon but so far he hasn't been the difference maker we would have been hoping for.

We shouldn't be putting shit on him but he hasn't deserved a pat on the back yet either as he hasn't shown more than what Bruce would have brought us in the same role.
    This was an injury that was known, required a short recovery time and there was plenty of time for it during the preseason.

For all involved it was an unprofessional blot on their reputation as starting the season with those those catastrophic losses has harmed the club.

Hopefully this is behind us and we get the season we were promised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Lobb presented well on Friday night, so its his best game so far for us, despite his poor kicking. I have high expectations for him because:
    1. senior player and in the system long enough to know what is expected and what it takes to get to GF
    2. one of the highest paid . Yes his a mecrcenary, but at least make him earn his money.
    3. He knows his role and we expect him to cover for English when he is having a rest.
    4. Co-ordinate the fwd line a bit better. Ablett Jnr, Selwood were renowned to be the onfield coaches for their team. We need someone commanding the team to setup properly at the fwd line. What I have observed so far in first 5 games are fwds running to the same spot, clogging each others way. Is it leadership? Yeah, maybe, but just hate to get beaten attitude we need to instill in our players.

We are in the window of opportunity to contest to at least challenge for finals, getting to a GF is another level that is required. Lobb is one of the pieces, but he just needs to play to a higher standard.
    Still not good enough? but certainly improving. What I thought was the best part of his game was the fact that other players are now looking for him with their kicks. So he seems to becoming part of an improving forward line.