Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  87
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not sure but they do have some impressive and strong midfielders and medium sized forwards we will need to contend with.
    I have seen them live twice this year.

They’re fast, and when they move the ball quickly they create a lot of space in their F50 and lots of pressure at ground level.

Against Collingwood as the midfield transition was slowed Darcy Moore was able to become very effective down the line as Collingwood pressed. They couldn’t quite get the body on him and keep him out of the contest, albeit a few times they tried.

They will rely a lot on forward half pressure and forcing a switch / slow ball movement with their field position, so we’ll also need to be decisive when we’ve got it.

Going to be a tough game.

McNeil in for JOD my only change.

Post Thanks / Like

JOD seemed a strategy based selection coming up against the Blues. I'm start McNeil to give us more run.

This week we have the Crows. They have Walker and Thilthrope (who also will spend a bit of time relieving ROB in the ruck). They don't play any tall forwards.

Jones and Gardner spend about 5% of game on the bench combined. Crows have one tall forward on for about 50% and two for 50%.

Add to this that it will probably rain, I think playing Keath is a bad idea. I'd bring in TOB or Clearly for Keath. I'd go with TOB just to be on the safe side if an injury to a big happens. I'd also bring in Cleary for Doc anyway and have Doc as the sub but get we will probably not want to make changes to a backline that is working well.

In short:
    Out: JOD, Keath
    In: McNeil, TOG
    Sub: Cleary

3. Likes jeemak, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    JOD seemed a strategy based selection coming up against the Blues. I'm start McNeil to give us more run.

This week we have the Crows. They have Walker and Thilthrope (who also will spend a bit of time relieving ROB in the ruck). They don't play any tall forwards.

Jones and Gardner spend about 5% of game on the bench combined. Crows have one tall forward on for about 50% and two for 50%.

Add to this that it will probably rain, I think playing Keath is a bad idea. I'd bring in TOB or Clearly for Keath. I'd go with TOB just to be on the safe side if an injury to a big happens. I'd also bring in Cleary for Doc anyway and have Doc as the sub but get we will probably not want to make changes to a backline that is working well.

In short:
    I get it, but I wouldn't do it.

Keath isn't playing amazing footy and is prone to one/ two bed shitting/s a week - but he always has had that in him and I think it's our perception of him that's changed more than anything else outside of his pace I guess. We need all three big defenders playing with each other each week because that's the only way our defencive unit will continue to improve.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes EasternWest, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who goes to Darcy Fogarty? He is capable of kicking 5+
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You would think Gardner seems the logical matchup for Fogarty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    At 194cm and 100kgs he is a big forward and requires one of our KPDs. We still need 3 KPDs this week but definitely not 4. Bruce can resume in the VFL if he's right to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    At 194cm and 100kgs he is a big forward and requires one of our KPDs. We still need 3 KPDs this week but definitely not 4. Bruce can resume in the VFL if he's right to go.
    I would think Gardner is the match for Fogarty.

Fogarty is a marking player and Gards should have him for pace.

Their smalls are the threat particularly if it is wet.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo. JOD will most likely play again this week. Bruce is most likely to come back via the VFL. Treloar is at least a couple more weeks away.

11. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In - McNeil, Cleary (sub)
    Out - O’Donnell

Not sure we need to change too much at present.. some good tests ahead which will paint a clearer picture on what our team should look like in the 2nd half of the season.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo. Darcy is still some time away.

15. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In - McNeil, Cleary (sub)
    Out - O’Donnell

Not sure we need to change too much at present.. some good tests ahead which will paint a clearer picture on what our team should look like in the 2nd half of the season.
    Bevo currently live on the presser. Just said JOD will most likely play again. Give him another chance once he has got a taste.

17. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo currently live on the presser. Just said JOD will most likely play again. Give him another chance once he has got a taste.
    Yeah I saw that…. I know Bevo has big wraps on JOD and I understand the want to fast track him with senior games, but conditions won’t suit and not sure we can carry a player who may not contribute against a fairly good team.

Lots of opportunities ahead for JOD, but not sure a game in Ballarat against a slick team is one of those.

19. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yeah I saw that…. I know Bevo has big wraps on JOD and I understand the want to fast track him with senior games, but conditions won’t suit and not sure we can carry a player who may not contribute against a fairly good team.

Lots of opportunities ahead for JOD, but not sure a game in Ballarat against a slick team is one of those.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying, I was just paraphrasing Bevo. However, from what Bevo just said, he is a lock.

Post Thanks / Like

In short:
    They also have Fogerty, and gun small forwards.
    It's be tempted to debut Charlie Clarke and give Weightman some more rotations, giving us the option of rolling Caleb back if we need to stop their smalls
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They also have Fogerty, and gun small forwards.
    It's be tempted to debut Charlie Clarke and give Weightman some more rotations, giving us the option of rolling Caleb back if we need to stop their smalls
    Clarke seems a long way off from a physical stand point… plus would like to think that the mix of JJ, Dale, Richards and Duryea give us enough cover for their small/ mid sized forwards.

23. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post