Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  92
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v Suns

Cleary deserves his chance. Vandermeer has done nothing to warrant selection at all.

2. Likes Bullies, kruder, josie, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't believe we are persisting with Vandermmer as a forward in the VFL? I've been saying in for a while, a lock down defender or off the list.

Its a good chance to get games into Cleary while our defence is as strong as it is.

4. Likes josie, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Treloar right?

If so he comes in for JJ and either Treloar or Daniel play back.

JOD has had a taste and I’d like to see Buku come in for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: JJ, JOD

In: Cleary, Treloar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Is Treloar right?

If so he comes in for JJ and either Treloar or Daniel play back.

JOD has had a taste and I’d like to see Buku come in for him.
    I think Adz has missed 2 so i think the club will be conservative with him and hold him back for 1 more week in Melbourne. Would be great to get Cleary in for JJ. I feel he's earned it over the season and good to blood more youth. Would also like to see Buku in at some stage with his versatility. I like Van Der's pace but he really needs to tidy up a few things before he comes in imo. He could still have a future at the club.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Cleary should go to HB and Vanders to start getting some form as a HB in the VFL.
    Certainly agree with you. If Cleary can?t get a game it?s time for him to start looking elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I still can't believe we are persisting with Vandermmer as a forward in the VFL? I've been saying in for a while, a lock down defender or off the list.

Its a good chance to get games into Cleary while our defence is as strong as it is.
    He's played back the past few weeks (at least, the bits I've seen)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Certainly agree with you. If Cleary can?t get a game it?s time for him to start looking elsewhere.
    It's only his second year in the system!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Mofra, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's only his second year in the system!
    It?s a year since Cleary played his first senior AFL game. In his second (round 10) he had 16 possessions.

Now he is watching JOD have 3 VFL games and then stay in the senior team when rarely touching the ball. 3 kicks in two weeks is not acceptable. He has talent and a bright future but he is not ready. Cleary should now have a tryout.

Post Thanks / Like

It?s a year since Cleary played his first senior AFL game. In his second (round 10) he had 16 possessions.

Now he is watching JOD have 3 VFL games and then stay in the senior team when rarely touching the ball. 3 kicks in two weeks is not acceptable. He has talent and a bright future but he is not ready. Cleary should now have a tryout.
    I think this will happen. JOD has had the obligatory two Bevo games (and looks every bit of it too), but Clearly seems ready.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

If the team's system and processes can hold to support JOD for another week i would keep him in . We need to invest games into youth or we at risk of becoming a list like stKilda during Lyons first stint

I have writtien off VDM ,with McNeil being ahead of him
    Invest the games into McNeil

Scott is a good example if we persist with him , he will become a good player . His a natural footballer that plays to his limitation . His ahead of Roarke now .
    Last edited by macca; 21-05-2023 at 09:18 PM.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're not the same players. One is a tall KPP prospect, the other is a medium sized defender.

He will get his chance at some point if he keeps putting his hand up, however, if he doesn't as soon as he'd like I think he'd be ill advised to leave the club barely as his career has started.

I mean I get you, but saying he should pull up stumps and leave is hyperbolic/ overly dramatic.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    If the team's system and processes can hold to support JOD for another week i would keep him in . We need to invest games into youth or we at risk of becoming a list like stKilda during Lyons first stint

I have writtien of VDM ,with McNeil being ahead of him
    Invest the games into McNeil

Scott is a goor example if we persist with him , he will become a good player . His a natural footballer that plays to his limitation . His ahead of Roarke now .
    Winning is an amazing thing. It can change reality.

Look at the Carlton game. after the worst first half of kicking for goal that I have ever seen Carlton were in front with a few minutes to go. So the Dogs hadn?t gone very well on the day up to that point. That must mean something. Yes, Libba changed things dramatically and our best 5 minutes of the season gave us the points.

But what will we take from the game? Will it be brilliant selectors got Lobb playing on the wing, opening up the forward line and guaranteeing a win? I have read that. (Our new wing player had 5 kicks- two that will keep him in the team).

Or will it be we played one down and went very close to an unnecessary loss. Not a very popular view. But it is mine.

Our team systems and processes are not good enough to allow taking unnecessary risks.

We are being propelled by some champions while developing a young small forward. He seems to have the talent to fill a role we have lacked for years. He is improving, but he is not the superstar everyone is raving about. He is eye catching, his spectacular leap on Saturday is part of football folklore. But he didn?t hold one mark to my knowledge. I think he got his hands on the ball a few times but only half a dozen were positive contributions to the team. In his 8 games he has shown enough to persevere with, but can we afford to play 2 novices?

We have an easy draw and should go close to a top four finish. In how many ways should we put that at risk. True professionals would say none.

20. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Stevo, Boots, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funnily it's our full ground system that's winning us games at the moment.

22. Likes Stevo, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Winning is an amazing thing. It can change reality.

Look at the Carlton game. after the worst first half of kicking for goal that I have ever seen Carlton were in front with a few minutes to go. So the Dogs hadn?t gone very well on the day up to that point. That must mean something. Yes, Libba changed things dramatically and our best 5 minutes of the season gave us the points.

But what will we take from the game? Will it be brilliant selectors got Lobb playing on the wing, opening up the forward line and guaranteeing a win? I have read that. (Our new wing player had 5 kicks- two that will keep him in the team).

Or will it be we played one down and went very close to an unnecessary loss. Not a very popular view. But it is mine.

Our team systems and processes are not good enough to allow taking unnecessary risks.

We are being propelled by some champions while developing a young small forward. He seems to have the talent to fill a role we have lacked for years. He is improving, but he is not the superstar everyone is raving about. He is eye catching, his spectacular leap on Saturday is part of football folklore. But he didn?t hold one mark to my knowledge. I think he got his hands on the ball a few times but only half a dozen were positive contributions to the team. In his 8 games he has shown enough to persevere with, but can we afford to play 2 novices?

We have an easy draw and should go close to a top four finish. In how many ways should we put that at risk. True professionals would say none.
    I respect the point you’re making but don’t think you can intimate that we’re carrying Arty when he literally won us a game not two weeks ago.

For what it’s worth I’d drop JOD for Khamis.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -