Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  92
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 v Suns

Did anyone hear Treloar say he will play this week? Hearing reports.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    A 90% Treloar is still one hell of a player - and he played at HB at times last year so could be eased into senior football in the JJ role this week
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    A 90% Treloar is still one hell of a player - and he played at HB at times last year so could be eased into senior football in the JJ role this week
    100% I'm hearing he was close this week but we held him back because it was Ballarat. Completely unsubstantiated , unreliable report but I'm told he will fly to Darwin.

So essentially I have no idea and it's a wait and see.

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He might of played at HB, but I don't believe he was effective.

If we have learnt anything this year it is that Treloar is an inside mid... and that is where he should play. If he isn't fit enough to do so, he stays on the sidelines until he is.

8. Likes jeemak, kruder, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He might of played at HB, but I don't believe he was effective.

If we have learnt anything this year it is that Treloar is an inside mid... and that is where he should play. If he isn't fit enough to do so, he stays on the sidelines until he is.
    I agree his best footy for us (perhaps his whole career) has been as an inside mid. Just a couple of points though:
    - we look a lot better organised/structurally than last year, would that help as a running HB?
    - we have lost JJ and Baz has killed it in run with roles. Even if Ads is better in the middle, would it suit the team more as a whole to have him at least spend some time at HB?

My counter point though, would playing off HB, with the associated sprinting, be actually more of a risk with his hammies?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I agree his best footy for us (perhaps his whole career) has been as an inside mid. Just a couple of points though:
    - we look a lot better organised/structurally than last year, would that help as a running HB?
    - we have lost JJ and Baz has killed it in run with roles. Even if Ads is better in the middle, would it suit the team more as a whole to have him at least spend some time at HB?

My counter point though, would playing off HB, with the associated sprinting, be actually more of a risk with his hammies?
    Treloar doesn’t like defending which is sort of important, regardless of the structure in place.

I’d be rolling back Daniel to assist if required, but I’d be swapping out JJ for Cleary and if Treloar is right to go he comes in for O’Donnell.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar doesn’t like defending which is sort of important, regardless of the structure in place.

I’d be rolling back Daniel to assist if required, but I’d be swapping out JJ for Cleary and if Treloar is right to go he comes in for O’Donnell.
    Yep, a few running Has don't like defending but Adz seems to be in the extreme segment. If Treloar goes back to his CBA lot, what do we do with Baz?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not saying we should do it, but the most impressed I’ve ever been with LVDM is in his first year as a half back flanker in the VFL. I’d like to see what he looks like playing the role at Footscray for a couple of weeks and if it comes out as an even adequate JJ impression then I’d be willing to try it out. JJ’s been super important and I’d want as close to a like for like replacement as possible.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Tracked down the source. Adam does mention he's right to play and needs to get through training this week via his podcast.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be plugging whichever small back at Footscray is next cab off the rank into JJ’s spot – I haven’t seen any of them this year so guessing that’s Cleary or Crozier.

I think we need to plan for JJ to miss a decent chunk of footy and would rather go with someone that we can settle into the defensive group, rather than plug Treloar in who clearly does his best work in the midfield.

If we were shuffling a midfielder back, I’d look at Caleb before Treloar who has trained as a back and has had an AA season as a defender, but I’d still be sticking with what works and just rolling the next defender on our list into that backline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I respect the point you?re making but don?t think you can intimate that we?re carrying Arty when he literally won us a game not two weeks ago.

For what it?s worth I?d drop JOD for Khamis.
    I agree with you about Khamis. I don?t understand putting JOD forward or back ahead of him. Khamis is an opportunistic forward, played 5 games as a forward and goaled in 4 of them. Best return was only 3 goals but that should give some credibility. Suspect that he was viewed as a failure in the ruck so probably being kept out by Lobb. Thought he was one of our best against St Kilda later in the year when playing on the back line but he was dropped pretty quickly.

I was impressed by Jones last quarter against Carlton and thought he made an excellent contribution but I didn?t see him as the match winner. I thought it was more a strong team performance for ten minutes (which continued in Ballarat). Weightman in the centre straightened up the play towards goal, English lifted in ruck, Scott?s accuracy near goals, JUH was good. It all Seemed to be sparked by Libba kicking a long goal after the forwards struggled for impact all day.

But when you look at Arthur?s games that 10 minutes was out of character and that is why I suggest that he is still developing. He has shown that he is capable of having an impact and worth playing. In Ballarat he had a poor game, only 6 disposals when the ball was stuck in the forward line. But he has shown that he has some talent we need and no one else looks like they are capable.

This is not criticism, he is still a work in progress. He is benefiting from the hype, and good luck to him. Others have had a better first 8 games and not seen the same support. I?m thinking of one so I will use them as a comparison.

Jones: Disposals 14 12 12 9 9 6 5 5 = 72
    Other: disposals 19 16 15 14 13 13 11 10 = 111

Jones: goals. 2 1 1 = 4
    other: goals. 3. 2. 2. 2 = 9

Jones has contributed less and been inconsistent. But he is getting the opportunity so I look forward to his progress.

His inconsistency means we cannot increase our risk factors by playing JOD.

Post Thanks / Like

If we have learnt anything this year it is that Treloar is an inside mid... and that is where he should play.
    To be fair, this wasn't new information.

Surely we can bring in another running defender to replace JJ? We aren't that skinny for options on the periphery.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep, a few running Has don't like defending but Adz seems to be in the extreme segment. If Treloar goes back to his CBA lot, what do we do with Baz?
    We need 5 of them (inside) + help from 2-3 more.

The 5 are: Bont, Libba, Macrae, Treloar and Smith.
    The others are: Daniel, Weightman, Scott, Williams...Jones...Dale...

I'm not sure this is that complicated.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    We need 5 of them (inside) + help from 2-3 more.

The 5 are: Bont, Libba, Macrae, Treloar and Smith.
    The others are: Daniel, Weightman, Scott, Williams...Jones...Dale...

I'm not sure this is that complicated.
    I hear you but in relation to CBAs, 4th and 5th % lots last few games:
    45/20
    43/9
    41/44 (Adz in game injury)
    71/52
    ---------------------------------

Do we go with Baz and Adz perhaps sharing the 3rd/4th inside mid mins slots? I guess about 60% each of game. Then stoppages around ground. Can both spend =~20% TOG fwd/back, which isn't too much. Macrae been good out of the middle.

Anyways, in short I agree it's being over complicated ha.

In: Cleary, Adz
    Out: JJ, TOD

McNeil sub yet again if we are okay with the stretch of games there. Not like VFL played last week anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

How does the heat impact selection policy? We are going from the freezing cold of Ballarat to an estimated temperature of 27c at the bounce. The temperature will still be 24c when the game finishes. Fitness in these conditions is going to be a factor. Interesting to see that the ground in Darwin is 8m longer than the MCG and Docklands but is more similar in width to Docklands.

Also, the dew at night normally makes marking more difficult. Do we add more run at the expense of height?