Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Labour Day.

Post Thanks / Like

Labour Day.

It's Labour Day today in Queensland and I know this day doesn't fall on the same day across the country but may be the Dogs should lobby for this day to be our marquee day and it can be the Victorian Labour Day.
    We can market it as the Blue collar event and play against the Feral's on the MCG in a night game (Because I don't want to miss it during the day )
    Show your union card and general admittance get in for half price.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes GVGjr, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Labour Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    It's Labour Day today in Queensland and I know this day doesn't fall on the same day across the country but may be the Dogs should lobby for this day to be our marquee day and it can be the Victorian Labour Day.
    We can market it as the Blue collar event and play against the Feral's on the MCG in a night game (Because I don't want to miss it during the day )
    Only thing is Labour Day in Victoria is before the season starts.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Only thing is Labour Day in Victoria is before the season starts.
    Bloody Victorians work your dates better.

Tassie team coming and NT to even the comp one for the future season opener.

5. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like something that could only come from the genius mind of Kevin Sheedy
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Couldnt we have an annual game against the Lions or Suns on the day? Creative thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Couldnt we have an annual game against the Lions or Suns on the day? Creative thinking.
    That works for me but I was drawing on the Labour day theme and the Suns supporters would be all retired CEO's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Sounds like something that could only come from the genius mind of Kevin Sheedy
    Wasn't Sheedy the mastermind of Eureka Day which was an ill-fated marquee game from about a decade ago? I think it was between Richmond and North from memory.

Not sure the union movement circa 2023 is quite what it was at its genesis - they seem to have more in common with the top end of town these days, only with sleeve tattoos.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Not sure the union movement circa 2023 is quite what it was at its genesis - they seem to have more in common with the top end of town these days
    I feel personally attacked.
    "It's over. It's all over."

11. Likes Happy Days, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Sheedy the mastermind of Eureka Day which was an ill-fated marquee game from about a decade ago? I think it was between Richmond and North from memory.

Not sure the union movement circa 2023 is quite what it was at its genesis - they seem to have more in common with the top end of town these days, only with sleeve tattoos.
    That’s actually another piece of marketing genius from Sheedy, coming up with a really bad idea for two clubs that aren’t Essendon on purpose, so something like the First Responders Game between Essendon and Sydney where someone will get lit on fire for charity probably will seem better by comparison.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes Sedat, hujsh, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the focus should be 'working class' if such an idea were ever come to fruition. Would be happy for unions to be involved in some way or another but too divisive to be a major focus. It's not the club's responsibility to drive union memberships.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think the focus should be 'working class' if such an idea were ever come to fruition. Would be happy for unions to be involved in some way or another but too divisive to be a major focus. It's not the club's responsibility to drive union memberships.
    100% on the bolded bits
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

That’s actually another piece of marketing genius from Sheedy, coming up with a really bad idea for two clubs that aren’t Essendon on purpose, so something like the First Responders Game between Essendon and Sydney where someone will get lit on fire for charity probably will seem better by comparison.
    St Kilda likes this.

17. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've been saying this for a while.

We could champion it with the Pies, get peeps in their hi vis tops, celebrate the working class.

I don't mind having the unions involved just to drive awareness/attendance.

We could all wear these :

19. Likes hujsh, Hotdog60 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would need to include St Kilda as one of the teams.
    Probably a natural fit with Melbourne.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We could all wear these :

That's an actual assault on the eyes and I'm surprised G hasn't banned you for it.

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post