Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 8, 2023 vs GWS

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this evening's game against GWS. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 8, 2023 vs GWS

Bailey Williams to Naughton in the last....That took the wind out of their sails, when it really looked like they were going to run over the top.

And then not long after, Artie Jones to Naughton and then Naughton finishing, was just aesthetically just a beautiful moment to behold.

3. Likes josie, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The pass from Treloar to JJ and then the goal was up there and just what we needed.

Post Thanks / Like

The game turned when Treloar went off. Some soft umpiring and no decisions gave them belief. Bont turned it back for us

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton's First goal in the last quarter. That was the final nail in coffin for GWS
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont's effort in getting that ball forward that lead to the Naughton goal for our 1st in 4th.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought our 3rd quarter work was fantastic given the slipper conditions. We got a lead out to 5 goals and I thought we had the game there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I thought our 3rd quarter work was fantastic given the slipper conditions. We got a lead out to 5 goals and I thought we had the game there.
    We held them goal less as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Naughton's First goal in the last quarter. That was the final nail in coffin for GWS
    That mark was something else, given all of our forwards had handling issues leading up to it in the last. The finish was cool as well.

I find watching Naughton so anxiety inducing. Early in games he just goes for everything, crowds contests and seems to be on the edge of either hurting himself or hurting a team mate. He's like a genuine two year old thoroughbred being unleashed in a field of horses who don't know what to do with him as he unleashes chaos in the running.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes bornadog, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Arty wheeling around and buying time and space to kick to advantage to Naughton was really good stuff that cheered me up.

14. Likes jeemak, chef, ratsmac, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Arty wheeling around and buying time and space to kick to advantage to Naughton was really good stuff that cheered me up.
    It was some of the best composure I've seen from a guy in his early games. Knew there wasn't anything to kick to and used his abilities to slow things and then make a really good decision, and execute as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was some of the best composure I've seen from a guy in his early games. Knew there wasn't anything to kick to and used his abilities to slow things and then make a really good decision, and execute as well.
    I think that play locked him in as best 22 if he hadn't done so already. It's starting to become clear now why Stevo said on Twitter Jones was a certainty to play round 1 if he wasn't injured and why we brought him straight in against Brisbane. The club must know he has 'it'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think that play locked him in as best 22 if he hadn't done so already. It's starting to become clear now why Stevo said on Twitter Jones was a certainty to play round 1 if he wasn't injured and why we brought him straight in against Brisbane. The club must know he has 'it'
    I just watched it again and it was a thing of beauty. The kick itself was perfect, even without the stuff before it.

18. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    This is the right answer. Great poise from the young man in a pressure situation and executed the kick perfectly to negate the two on one they had against Naughton.

Post Thanks / Like

The Treloar hamstring injury moment that still resulted in a goal for us was my moment of the game. A combination of persistence, drama and determination.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes macca, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post