The booing of Lance Franklin by Collingwood supporters on Sunday has sparked more discussion on when players should or shouldn't be booked, if at all.

There was an argument made by several callers into SEN (I know, I know) that Sydney and their fans had no right to complain after Jack Ginnivan was booed by Sydney fans last year as he sat on the bench with an injury.

Earlier today, Collingwood put out a strongly worded statement, apologising to Franklin and the Swans, and declaring that the fans had missed an opportunity to celebrate a champion of the game.

It echoed the sentiments of Nathan Buckley, who had this to say on his regular SEN timeslot:

?I love the Collingwood faithful, but I got a message for them.

?Your team is the toast of the town and they're handling themselves on and off the field with class and poise.

?So, let's try and fall in the line on the other side of the fence."
Tom Stewart was asked about whether he thought he would be booked against Richmond this week, after his hit on Dion Prestia last year. His reply impressed me:

?It?s probably fair enough that they?re allowed to boo me.

?I mean, some of the things that happen throughout the league of, of those that are getting booed aren't just, I think.

?But I probably deserve it in this respect.?
It's been a fascinating discussion so far this year.

Stewart being booed, I get it. That was as ugly an incident as we've seen for a while and you can understand why Tigers have might want to give him a piece of their mind.

I look at a couple of the other booing incidents this year though, and I wonder what it's achieving.

Jason Horne-Francis: Why anyone other than North Melbourne Supporters are booing this kid is beyond me.
Rory Lobb: Freo fans clearly forgot his her for to their club in the first place. As for GWS fans, he hasn't been on your list in years. Move on.

Which brings me to Sunday.

Am I missing some misdeed that Franklin has committed against the Pies recently? I'm genuinely confused as to how it came about.

I hope this was a one-off, Collingwood-supporters-being-tools moment but from what I've seen in recent years I don't know what to think anymore.

Help me out here WOOFers, make it make sense.