Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Every game is related...which means we will lose to Carlton this week.

I don't want to be the prophet of doom.

But - with the exception of 20-minutes gone wrong vs Port - we have essentially won 6 in a row.

That pretty much never happens.

The media are 100% into the blues. They are gonna respond. We have a couple of injuries and I suspect the Treloar one has the players a little bummed out (he's a good player, seems like a popular bloke and has had some rotten luck).

I hate that I think this but I think this week is just going to go awry...it's just 'time'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Every game is related...which means we will lose to Carlton this week.

I'm in the prophet of doom camp.

Yes were going to get done, Carlton have our number, and have had for a few years.

Plus I'm going to the game with Dad (who is a Carlton tragic) and the tickets are in the Carlton life members/past players area. Good luck to me in trying not jump up when astronaught takes a speccy.

3. Likes mjp, MrMahatma, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop Cripps
    Dry up their midfiled supply to Curnow and Mackay
    defend like crazy

If the team shuold know by how to address the mental lapse or the early warning signs

We are in with a good chance to win

Go dogs

I am going remain positive

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whoops, wrong thread.

Trying to take a positive view.

I think we will be full of confidence that we can win this game. We must curb the influence of Cripps and our tall backs must be on their game or they will be out marked. Liam will be extra switched on to show his former club that he still has it in him. No doubt they will try and tag Bont, so we need to back him up and also win the ball out of the centre and put the pressure on Carlton from the start. No catchup footy please.

Should be a close game, so we need to stay positive and we can win.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes macca, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

But - with the exception of 20-minutes gone wrong vs Port - we have essentially won 6 in a row.

The media are 100% into the blues. They are gonna respond. We have a couple of injuries and I suspect the Treloar one has the players a little bummed out (he's a good player, seems like a popular bloke and has had some rotten luck).

I hate that I think this but I think this week is just going to go awry...it's just 'time'.
    Carlton has been proven to have an inconsistent and thoroughly conditional midfield but their midfield always seems to respond positively against us - Cripps has killed us on many an occasion, even Petrevski-Seaton smashed us one game. This has invariably opened up significant opportunities for Curnow and McKay to wreak havoc on our (previously) under-sized defence.

This week is a fantastic challenge for our group to be able to look their mids in the eye and respond with fury of our own. We also have Jones as a bonafide quality key defender in our arsenal that didn't previously exist against the Blues. If we can overcome Carlton this week, it will be a sign of tremendous maturity and will confirm we are absolutely in this season.

I'm not confident but I am looking forward to how we respond this week. It will be a searching examination of our mental mindset.
    Last edited by Sedat; 11-05-2023 at 05:39 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlton's results this year are:

Draw v Richmond
    Win V Geelong (started the season slowly)
    Win v GWS (narrow win away, like us)
    Win v North (unconvincing)
    Loss v Crows (got smacked)
    Loss v St Kilda
    Win v Eagles (big win v West Coast reserves)
    Loss v Brisbane

Since their win v Geelong their form has been poor (the last 6 games). Since our loss in round 2 v St Kilda our form has been good, with room for improvement.

On form lines we should be confident but it's only natural to have that nagging doubt as a dogs supporter!

On the downside I have been to 2 games this year, both away games and both losses (rounds 1 & 2). Hoping I don't curse the team back to our early season form with my attendance this week.
    Last edited by Axe Man; 11-05-2023 at 12:49 PM.

11. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tipped the Blues this week as well.

It feels like we've spent a long time on the road and a lot of that time in the wet - I imagine there are some pretty sore and tired bodies coming up against a side that has a lot to prove and one more loss might see things get really ugly for them and Voss.

There's no one I'd rather play less than the Blues at home in that circumstance. Big and vocal crowd, fast track, two big key forwards taking clunks on a Saturday night - I'm getting flashbacks to Brendan Fevola kicking 6 in the second half and winning them the game in 2006.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every game is related which means if we beat Brisbane and Carlton lost to Brisbane we should beat Carlton easy. Nothing else to consider.

15. Likes chef, bornadog, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a really bad feeling that this one will get away from us a bit. Expecting an 8 goal loss.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get up this week, I’ll be surprised.

I’ll also strap my self in for the roller coaster ride that is believing we are good enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Apart from beating Brisbane, we haven't really beaten "anyone" as yet, so I think this is a pretty important test for us. I know winning streaks are hard but Richmand, Freo, Hawks, GWS is hardly a form line to send fear through the competition. Beating up Carlton probably wouldn't change that to be honest.

I think this is, rightly, a 50/50 match. I always fear coming up against Blues and Saints even when they're not playing well. They match up against us well. My gut almost always tells me to tip against us and I never do. I didn't against the Saints, and I won't against the Blues. I remain optimistic, but will not be surprised if we lose cause my gut tells me that's highly likely.

Our next few matches are tricky/tough, and this is one of the few we should/could be (slight) faves for. I think it's pretty important for our season that we win.

Next few matches:

Carl
    Crows (Ballarat)
    GC (NT)
    Cats (Marvel)
    Port (Marvel)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to talk down our chances.

It will just make it more satisfying even we win.

Under-promise, over-deliver.

20. Likes JanLorMill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm happy to talk down our chances.

It will just make it more satisfying even we win.

Under-promise, over-deliver.
    Why do I feel like we are going to lose.

I think it's because even when we've been flying they've always had good games against us.

Harry McKay always kicks a bag.

Be a really mature win if we can grind this one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Well you swayed me. I've been tossing up all week about Saturday night, have tickets to Regurgitators Unit anniversary gig but the Dogs are playing at the same time.

Go the Gurg I guess.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Well you swayed me. I've been tossing up all week about Saturday night, have tickets to Regurgitators Unit anniversary gig but the Dogs are playing at the same time.

Go the Gurg I guess.
    Oh I so wanted to go to that have another commitment.

I like your old stuff better than your new stuff.

24. Likes chef liked this post