Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  88
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 9, 2023 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Nonsense. I saw people on WOOF recommending that last week. One In particular that suggested it said he should be put in there for 5 minutes every quarter to help him get back into form.

I suggest that we get rid of the coaches and get the players reading WOOF. Might do better than falling over the line against weak teams.
    Gee I wonder why woof posters suggested that? Maybe because Weightman played some modified minutes in the pre season.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee I wonder why woof posters suggested that? Maybe because Weightman played some modified minutes in the pre season.
    Yeah, but you can't give credit to the coaching team for that..........you can't give them credit for anything!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful move by Bevo that day and I believe it even caught Cody by surprise. "Flea swap with Robbie (McComb) you're having a run in the midfield" he barked. After a few impactful possessions I thought that this is why we pay Bevo the big bucks
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes SonofScray, josie, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah, but you can't give credit to the coaching team for that..........you can't give them credit for anything!
    They get credit for everything that works and the players get credit for everything that doesn?t (usually phrased in terms of not trying hard enough).

And that is how it should be.

For example, How much thanks and appreciation did the players get for 2021? My general impression was far too little. But That?s how the world works.

Post Thanks / Like

Having viewed the replay, the moment I thought we had won was when Naughton pass ed the ball to JUH on his own 15 metres out. That goal meant Carlton needed 3 goals in 4 minutes to win, and I thought no way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Having viewed the replay, the moment I thought we had won was when Naughton pass ed the ball to JUH on his own 15 metres out. That goal meant Carlton needed 3 goals in 4 minutes to win, and I thought no way.
    Did you pick up on the replay it was actually JUH moment?

JUH had to run back towards goal to spoil McGovern who was in a prime position to mark the football and somehow JUH managed to spoil McGovern and not give a way a free kick through front on contact. From that contest he drifted forward to make sure we had an option inside 50m.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you pick up on the replay it was actually JUH moment?

JUH had to run back towards goal to spoil McGovern who was in a prime position to mark the football and somehow JUH managed to spoil McGovern and not give a way a free kick through front on contact. From that contest he drifted forward to make sure we had an option inside 50m.
    Same moment, yes. It was the whole passage of play starting with Libba kicking the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The tv version of Arty's goal doesn't do it justice. I was right behind it and the sharp curl at the end was very exciting.

But I think Libba's goal was the moment if I had to pick one.

I'd also say 'the moment' was when Carlton were 8 points down, with still 5 minutes of game time, and people started walking out. We actually texted someone watching at home to check how long because we figured it was only a minute by the way people started walking out. When we went ahead 14 points, the carlton members bay I was in was 3/4's vacant!!!

11. Likes Mofra, hujsh, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The tv version of Arty's goal doesn't do it justice. I was right behind it and the sharp curl at the end was very exciting.

But I think Libba's goal was the moment if I had to pick one.

I'd also say 'the moment' was when Carlton were 8 points down, with still 5 minutes of game time, and people started walking out. We actually texted someone watching at home to check how long because we figured it was only a minute by the way people started walking out. When we went ahead 14 points, the carlton members bay I was in was 3/4's vacant!!!
    Yeah they showed them leaving at 14 points down. I though that was soft, leaving when they were 8 points down is baby territory (even weirder since they stuck around at 31 points deficit without giving up)

Post Thanks / Like

A far more visceral moment for me.

I was sitting amongst the Carltonians, one of the wankiest of wank corporate coterie groups you can imagine, and as Jamara kicked his goal in the last, the waft of old money leaving the stadium on mass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

I was sitting amongst the Carltonians, one of the wankiest of wank corporate coterie groups you can imagine, and as Jamara kicked his goal in the last, the waft of old money leaving the stadium on mass.
    Tragic!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha. Love it. They have been feeling this pain for 20+ years.

Post Thanks / Like

...the waft of old money leaving the stadium on mass.
    I (obviously) wasn't there but Foxtel chose to show some shots of Carlton fans streaming out of the venue...I clearly remember thinking at the time that:

1/. They still have time, they just need ONE goal.
    2/. You don't beat the traffic leaving 5 mins early...

If you are 5 goals down I get it but it was still game on wasn't it?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

17. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I (obviously) wasn't there but Foxtel chose to show some shots of Carlton fans streaming out of the venue...I clearly remember thinking at the time that:

Their disdain at losing to us is too much to bear.

The cultural divide is massive.

Blue Bloods v Blue Collar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Thought the same. They were only down 14pts with 3 min left at that stage. Shows how frustrated they are.