Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most biased journos, commentators, who is the winner ?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Ricciuto is pretty bad with the Crows.

It really annoys me that they seem to deliberately choose ex players to commentate their own teams matches. I assume they think it provides insight, but in my view it just makes the broadcast unbearable.

(Obviously excusing Luke Darcy breaking down as the Dogs made the grand final)
    It was also great to hear Tony Leonard also call the final stages with 3AW. You have to love that biased emotion.

2. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Ricciuto is pretty bad with the Crows.
    Can't stand him full stop.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And which private schools the players are from. Never forget that important piece of information to remind us AFL isn't actually all that fair with who gets opportunity either
    Don't forget his bland post-facto goalkicking advice that sounds even to my uneducated ears like it last had currency in the early 1900s.

Actually there is not a single thing that flatulant buffoon does well.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about biased but I can't believe nobody has mentioned Hodge yet. Whenever they cut to him it's like I'm listening to the pissed guy with a kebab in his hand after he's just sidled up to me at the train station at 1 am to rant about how his wife is gonna kill him when he gets home and who'd you back in the fifth and what did you think of the boy's efforts.

It's just mumbled, monotone high speed nonsense.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I dunno about biased but I can't believe nobody has mentioned Hodge yet. Whenever they cut to him it's like I'm listening to the pissed guy with a kebab in his hand after he's just sidled up to me at the train station at 1 am to rant about how his wife is gonna kill him when he gets home and who'd you back in the fifth and what did you think of the boy's efforts.

It's just mumbled, monotone high speed nonsense.
    Gee he's a good bloke though.

7. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Least biased probably is Richardson with the Tigers. He always sounds fair and reasoned to me when they are playing.

Ricciuto was even worse when the Crows were last a good team, circa 2017. He was regularly arrogant and condescending about opponents and unfortunately these days are probably returning (though hopefully not this weekend).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Least biased probably is Richardson with the Tigers. He always sounds fair and reasoned to me when they are playing.
    I like Richo for the reasons you point out, but not many other special commentators.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne Russell is my least favourite commentator on Dogs games. Always barracks against us, focuses on the negatives. Can't listen to the guy.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

11. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore!, Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Dwayne Russell is my least favourite commentator on Dogs games. Always barracks against us, focuses on the negatives. Can't listen to the guy.
    I SLAMMED* him once on twitter for this. To which he responded "that's Gerard Healy, I'm not at the game". He was actually pretty gracious about it.

* I didn't slam him at all, but if I've learnt anything from headline writers any mild criticism of anything must be SLAMMED.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I SLAMMED* him once on twitter for this. To which he responded "that's Gerard Healy, I'm not at the game". He was actually pretty gracious about it.

* I didn't slam him at all, but if I've learnt anything from headline writers any mild criticism of anything must be SLAMMED.
    He FIRED BACK at you!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I used to hate Dwayne but then he absolutely nailed the call on Baz’s goal against Brisbane in the 2021 semi, when all any other commentator wanted to do was bag him for some reason. We’re okay now, it really only does take one.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -