Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  95
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd10 vs Adelaide 2023

Here's an interesting question, if Patty Lipinski was still with us (and injury free) would he be getting a game?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Here's an interesting question, if Patty Lipinski was still with us (and injury free) would he be getting a game?
    What a question. It's possible he goes in the middle ahead of Daniel or Smith but that may be a worse outcome for us

Post Thanks / Like

It's a very good question. Paddy played every game in 2022 and is an automatic selection at C'wood, 2023's most exciting team in the competition yet struggled with us. In theory, I've seen him once since he left, 13 May last year but my memories are of Treloar's outstanding game, I can't recall noticing Paddy at all. That said, I rank C'wood's current direct and fast game plan ahead of our more cautious and possession oriented version. I'd say he's a better fit at C'wood and I've no reason to think he'd be any different, in and out, had he stayed.

4. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If PL was still with us we may not have Arty Jones
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    It's a very good question. Paddy played every game in 2022 and is an automatic selection at C'wood, 2023's most exciting team in the competition yet struggled with us. In theory, I've seen him once since he left, 13 May last year but my memories are of Treloar's outstanding game, I can't recall noticing Paddy at all. That said, I rank C'wood's current direct and fast game plan ahead of our more cautious and possession oriented version. I'd say he's a better fit at C'wood and I've no reason to think he'd be any different, in and out, had he stayed.
    He has regressed back to his normal output by the end of last season, he would be doing the same for the pies if available as he was for us.

The only role available for us that he might have latched on Toni’s a wing position but it was never his best role.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Mitchell may have taken Lipinski's spot. Patty might be in the same position at Collingwood when he returns that he was with us on the fringes
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

No he won't because he cannot tackle.

Mitchell at least has an agressive streak in him, he hunts for the ball.

I don't see the hunger in Patty. His more of an outside mid, who is slow.

9. Likes Testekill, EasternWest liked this post