Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 13 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I said the same last week mate, just shuffling deck chairs. I'm wanting to see an outside the square selection regardless of form for one VFL game and work with it. If Poulter is ready then why not? Would we be any worse off if we played Buku instead of TOB? Cleary should be in the mix as well. We'll go the "safe" selections though, Hannan, McComb, Crozier will all be top of the list at the selection meeting.
    Like O’Donnell was?

Not sure that’s working out for us/him.

Post Thanks / Like

B: Dale Naughton TOB
    HB: Poulter Jones Duryea
    C: Williams Macrae Baker
    HF: Jones Marra Scott
    F: Bruce Lobb Weightman
    R: English Bont Libba
    I: Treloar Smith Daniel Cleary
    S: Darcy

Realistically, we will do the same and get the same result. But we need to address a bloke who spoils teammates and focus him on opponents, getting a talk accuracste goal kicker back up front, hope the mids show up, not really be able to cover JJ & Richards out, and as bad as Baker was I don’t see a replacement this week. We’ll just bring in a Hannan or Crozier and get the usual very little from them. Naughton is a net negative on the forward line and unless he and the others learn to play for and with each other, we need to do something like bring the Bruce back, use a wildcard like Darcy or something. Surely the plan isn’t long bombs into the forward line to a pack of 10 players.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes macca, Dogs 24/7, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out:
    JOD and Richards
    In:
    Bruce and Cleary
    Sub:
    Out McNeil in Smith
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

5. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Like O’Donnell was?

Not sure that’s working out for us/him.
    Bingo, I'm comfortable with the JOD selection now, wasn't at the time. Hes got some tools to work with and think it's time for him to go back and work on them. We need to be bold, we can go safe and select someone who won't develop any further or we can keep an eye on down the road and give some of these players a taste of the big time. Who knows they may inject some enthusiasm into this team and cement a spot like Jones did.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we have selection integrity (heard this mentioned on the radio) with our VFL players being rewarded with senior games when they display some form or are we more prone to playing someone based on their training appeal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Do we have selection integrity (heard this mentioned on the radio) with our VFL players being rewarded with senior games when they display some form or are we more prone to playing someone based on their training appeal?
    If there are good reasons for playing JOD over (at least at the time) better performing players in Khamis and Cleary, then we haven't heard them publicly.

I really like the look of JOD, and it was great to see him kick his first, but he's not ready and the move to play him forward and send Lobb to a wing is pissing in the wind kind of stuff. The kind of experiment you could tolerate for a half of footy but simply can't be a month-long pursuit.

I don't think moves at the selection table are why we've lost the last couple of weeks, but to your point - no we certainly don't have integrity based on exposed VFL form.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    We haven't had selection integrity the entire time Bevo has been at the club. To be fair we aren't the only club.

But can you imagine a young player like Khamis watching us draft another young player from backyard cricket, play 2 VFL games, and come straight into the VFL side and perform poorly for 4 weeks? How can the MC even begin to justify it?

I thought they must be planning for JOD to sit on Stewart. Nope. So you can add Bruce (forward version) to this same story, because BOTH Khamis and Bruce would offer a hell of a lot more than JOD as both a forward or defender.

Bevo speaks about JOD being a great athlete, but I haven't seen it, and at the top level you need to either be able to offer something on attack or defense and through no fault of his own JOD has done neither.

It's an absolutely ridiculous selection. But Bevo is obsessed with a yearly project.
    W00F!

11. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    We haven't had selection integrity the entire time Bevo has been at the club. To be fair we aren't the only club.

But can you imagine a young player like Khamis watching us draft another young player from backyard cricket, play 2 VFL games, and come straight into the VFL side and perform poorly for 4 weeks? How can the MC even begin to justify it?

I thought they must be planning for JOD to sit on Stewart. Nope. So you can add Bruce (forward version) to this same story, because BOTH Khamis and Bruce would offer a hell of a lot more than JOD as both a forward or defender.

Bevo speaks about JOD being a great athlete, but I haven't seen it, and at the top level you need to either be able to offer something on attack or defense and through no fault of his own JOD has done neither.

It's an absolutely ridiculous selection. But Bevo is obsessed with a yearly project.
    I can understand giving him a taste. But clutch matches again GCS & Geelong to cement top four is hubris if the highest order.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

JOD offers nothing more than Khamis, and having him playing ahead of Khamis is nothing but laughable. At least Khamis has shown positive traits. And by what I’ve seen, seems as much the athlete as they say JOD is.

Not sure who’s out or who’s in, but 1 thing is almost a given….crozier, Hannan and McComb will be in the mix, while Khamis, West and Cleary freeze their asses off in the VFL.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Why is everyone dropping Richards?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Injury.

16. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Delist McNeil now.
    #blamethesub
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Did his hammy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    #blamethesub
    Guy is on a hiding to nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    #blamethesub
    He’s not an AFEL footballer. He missed a gimme goal to get us back in it, and late at CHF let Rohan take an uncontested mark without any pressure and gave nothing to the side. I’m not blaming him for anything. He does not deserve to be on the list in my opinion based on his performances over three years including last night.

Edit:

Career Averages

7.8 touches
    1.6 mark
    1 I50
    0.5 goals
    0.2 goal assist

Not to standard. Not worthy of promotion when the forced choice is delist or promote. He needs to be delisted and he shouldn’t play again if I was picking the team. That’s not blame, that’s my opinion on his career to date and performance last night sealed it.

21. Likes westbulldog, 1eyedog liked this post