Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  130
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For the first ten rounds I was very big on keeping our structure of three talls down back and three tall up forward.
    Clearly that structure currently isn?t working as we seem to be short of run through the midfield.

IN: Cleary, Baker
    OUT: Lobb, JOD,

Clearly A.Jones needs a rest, but gee whiz the only option is McNeil and not sure I?d go down that path.

Bruce forward to relieve in the ruck.
    Totally disagree.

At the 8 minute mark of the third quarter we were a couple of points behind despite having more shots at goal.

Then Port got 3 goals in 5 minutes. And finished up winning by 3 goals and a few points.

In other words for 95% of this game we matched Port.

That is with Naughton down, English getting beaten in the ruck, Lobb pretty useless, Bruce having a disaster, JOD and A Jones nonexistent.

This was another game we could have won. The reason we didn?t had nothing to do with the runners.

Port simply did not make the ridiculous mistakes we did, and the majority of them were before Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Danjul might have broken me. I am not totally against this...

KPD: L Jones, Naughts, Keath
    Ruck: Sweet
    R2/F: English
    KPF: Lobb, Marra

English as a higher forward. Maybe stays more there if he is killing it and Lobb does ruck work.

Sub off Sweet if not injuries and English can get a crack in ruck a bit more fresh in last quarter.

Certify me now.

3. Likes Sedat, GVGjr, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the twos, I like what Gallagher and O'Brien are offering. Also Roake if they think he can confidently run out an AFL game. I really wish we put Sweet in.
    Not sure why we were playing West on the wing. Centre him or keep in the forward line.

Who to manage - Bruce, Arty, JOD, and give Naughton a wellbeing break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meenies View Post
    Looking at the twos, I like what Gallagher and O'Brien are offering. Also Roake if they think he can confidently run out an AFL game. I really wish we put Sweet in.
    Not sure why we were playing West on the wing. Centre him or keep in the forward line.

Who to manage - Bruce, Arty, JOD, and give Naughton a wellbeing break.
    I watch a bit of the VFL, not heaps but enough to believe I know where guys are playing. We seem to play a lot of guys in the AFL in different roles to the ones they play in the VFL. It's hard enough with the massive jump in standard.

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At halftime in the VFL I feel pretty certain we will go back to the well of Hannan
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

We don't really need the 3rd tall forward because we already have another one who plays 'tall'. Weightman is as much a small as Jamie Elliott is for the Pies. And that's totally cool - he's an excellent 3rd marking target and was very dangerous early last night in this role. Having 3 notional talls is overkill and robs us of additional running power, either further up the ground or inside F50 so we can retain it in for repeat entries.

If we were happy to experiment with 4 tall forwards in the first 2 rounds, not sure the reluctance of having a look at the Sweet/English ruck tandem pairing for a couple of weeks. The 4 tall forward experiment was far more ludicrous than having 2 rucks whose skill set compliment each other.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes lemmon, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is Darcy still injured with his jaw?
    yep.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the reserves match and Hannan was a class above the other AFL blokes with 5 goals. Sweet got another 40 knockouts though not sure too many were effective. Probably due a crack. O'Brien good especially early.

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Ary stays after as Bevo said, he didn't register a statistic with the Sherrin
    One more week until the bye. Give him another chance.

Post Thanks / Like

North aren?t overly tall in the forward line so no requirement for Bruce and O?Donnell who both deserve to be demoted on form anyways, to be replaced by Cleary and O?Brien.

Happy to swap Baker & Jones over in their roles.

I?m a big no against bringing Sweet in, English is the best around the ground ruck in the competition and whilst his game on Friday night wasn?t his best I see no point in changing roles now.

15. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    North aren?t overly tall in the forward line so no requirement for Bruce and O?Donnell who both deserve to be demoted on form anyways, to be replaced by Cleary and O?Brien.

I?m a big no against bringing Sweet in, English is the best around the ground ruck in the competition and whilst his game on Friday night wasn?t his best I see no point in changing roles now.
    Same changes for me. I'd be re-shuffling so that Scott takes Arty's small forward role as well.

Post Thanks / Like

What role does O’Brien play? I wouldn’t mind seeing only Keath and Jones as our two key defenders.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

IN
    OBrien and Baker

OUT
    Lobb and ODonnell

Move Bruce forward.

Wont happen though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    One more week until the bye. Give him another chance.
    Sorry, Arty, this was in fact your "another chance"; last week wasn't much better.

Bruce gets tucked into a forward pocket or is OUT. He is just not a backman.

I don't know where Lobb fits in but he's not doing the job.

Gardner has to come back. Dropping him was a mistake.

Hannan is the logical choice to bring in, an experienced player who knows the ropes. Ok he makes a few errors but he would feel the pressure of being not a first choice.

Please, no more first-gamers while we sort out a workable system.

20. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, lets not change anything ruckwise even though English has been destroyed at centre clearances in the last 3 games which btw we have all lost. The mantra of lets not change a losing game is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. We should be introducing accountability and discipline into this team as in "if you don't perform you are out".

22. Likes EasternWest liked this post