Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  130
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    In that case we clearly had a preference for Jamarra and to try and get Bruce into form (eventually playing Darcy forward instead). The former is working out well long term and the latter was a waste of time.

I don't care to look back at Schache and say we completely disregard VFL form. Clearly there's more that's considered beyond VFL form (or Clearly would have got a game by now) that informs the faith the coaching group has in players like Hannan/Vandermeer and the lack of faith in players like Schache. I can only guess what those factors are though.

Regardless Hannan is a player we play and he played well in the VFL so I'm surprised anyone would be surprised he would be considered for inclusion in a role where people are calling for the incumbent to be dropped.
    I get all that mate and normally I wouldn't have a problem. From the outside looking in there is just no consistency on both VFL and AFL form. It's plagued this club under Bevo's watch.

2. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I get all that mate and normally I wouldn't have a problem. From the outside looking in there is just no consistency on both VFL and AFL form. It's plagued this club under Bevo's watch.
    I agree it frustrating and while it's the kind of thing I'd like more insight to we're also probably no different from any other fanbase in that regard. We're just one of the more frustrated groups because we're not a clear top 4 team and we don't have a sense that we're building up to anything great either.

4. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with Arty staying in the side off the back of zero touches. It wasn't through lack of effort, he had more sprint efforts than anyone on the ground - it was just a weird game for him where the ball didn't come his way - whereas Weightman had plenty of it and it fell his way. There's been weeks where Cody can't get a kick.

Backing him to have a good one this weekend if selected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    In that case we clearly had a preference for Jamarra and to try and get Bruce into form (eventually playing Darcy forward instead). The former is working out well long term and the latter was a waste of time.

I don't care to look back at Schache and say we completely disregard VFL form. Clearly there's more that's considered beyond VFL form (or Clearly would have got a game by now) that informs the faith the coaching group has in players like Hannan/Vandermeer and the lack of faith in players like Schache. I can only guess what those factors are though.

Regardless Hannan is a player we play and he played well in the VFL so I'm surprised anyone would be surprised he would be considered for inclusion in a role where people are calling for the incumbent to be dropped.
    At what point is performance actually important? Hannan has had more chances than just about any of our fringe players in recent years. Accept what he is - largely a non contributor. If we have injuries, fine, but we just don't for that position. I really couldn't care less for any other parameters than performance for a player of his age and experience.

I'd much, much rather stick with Arty and work through his struggles than use Hannan again.
    W00F!

7. Likes 1eyedog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    At what point is performance actually important? Hannan has had more chances than just about any of our fringe players in recent years. Accept what he is - largely a non contributor. If we have injuries, fine, but we just don't for that position. I really couldn't care less for any other parameters than performance for a player of his age and experience.

I'd much, much rather stick with Arty and work through his struggles than use Hannan again.
    I'd be happy with either TBH, with Jones not in great form I'm just non-plussed about who fills the role and am fine with the person in goal kicking form.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that Hannan is even in the mix just shows where we are at.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

10. Likes G-Mo77, josie, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll get Caleb Poulter and you'll like it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    You'll get Caleb Poulter and you'll like it.
    Pretty silly to draft him in mid season and not play him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Arty has had 5 times the game time this season as Hannan and still only contributed 4 goals. And he has been a terrible liability in the last couple of weeks. Let?s tell Hannan he has the second half of the season to settle in and show us what he is capable of.

With a zero possession game as our get out of goal clause.

Post Thanks / Like

Outs:- Arthur Jones (Omitted), James O'Donnell (Omitted), Josh Bruce (Omitted)
    Ins (from):- Hayden Crozier, Lachlan McNeil, Mitch Hannan, Robbie McComb, Ryan Gardner, Tim O'Brien
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Ins (from):- Hayden Crozier, Lachlan McNeil, Mitch Hannan, Robbie McComb, Ryan Gardner, Tim O'Brien
    I thought they were our 3 worst from last week and exactly who I would have dropped. I am surprised!

16. Likes Scraggers, lemmon, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oskar Baker is named on the Bulldogs site, but not AFL website
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

The potential ins are whatever the plural is of whipping boys in one group.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Talk about a Freudian slip
    "It's over. It's all over."

21. Likes Danjul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Arty has had 5 times the game time this season as Hannan and still only contributed 4 goals. And he has been a terrible liability in the last couple of weeks. Let?s tell Hannan he has the second half of the season to settle in and show us what he is capable of.

Love it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.