Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  62
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 v Collingwood

Scott has done bugger all the past month. What McNeil offers more than Scott is some pace.

2. Likes Grantysghost, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say McNeil playing rather than Scott is an indication of us being wary of Collingwood's pace. Scott is the better footballer, and plays some important roles/does some great contest work between the arcs.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Dogs!

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apogies, I can't navigate this post on a more appropriate thread but this from Cornes I read as sincere, in fact more about him than Bails.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...05-p5dm0c.html
    "I certainly did not listen to my coaches, teammates and family who tried to help and warn me. If only!

With hindsight, I can see that like Smith, I did stupid things during my playing career.

Late in the last quarter of a game Port Adelaide won by a considerable margin, I missed an easy set-shot goal. Rather than let it go to celebrate with my teammates in the change rooms, I waited for the crowd to leave, took a bag of balls onto the ground and had 100 shots from where I missed – while my wife and family waited in the car....."

He is basically saying Bailey is too hard on himself when he does not perform to his high standards.
    Obsessive compulsion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Apogies, I can't navigate this post on a more appropriate thread but this from Cornes I read as sincere, in fact more about him than Bails.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...05-p5dm0c.html
    "I certainly did not listen to my coaches, teammates and family who tried to help and warn me. If only!

With hindsight, I can see that like Smith, I did stupid things during my playing career.

Late in the last quarter of a game Port Adelaide won by a considerable margin, I missed an easy set-shot goal. Rather than let it go to celebrate with my teammates in the change rooms, I waited for the crowd to leave, took a bag of balls onto the ground and had 100 shots from where I missed – while my wife and family waited in the car....."

He is basically saying Bailey is too hard on himself when he does not perform to his high standards.
    Obsessive compulsion.
    That is a really sad story from Cornes. I feel sorry for his family. I don't know if that would have made any difference kicking those 100 shots after the game. It sounds like more punishment than need to improve!

complete rubbish article by Cornes.

I would be expecting the club to be managing Baily Smith's workload , game time /structure and mental health.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    That is a really sad story from Cornes. I feel sorry for his family. I don't know if that would have made any difference kicking those 100 shots after the game. It sounds like more punishment than need to improve!

complete rubbish article by Cornes.

I would be expecting the club to be managing Baily Smith's workload , game time /structure and mental health.
    Did you read the lot?
    How Smith does the same?
    I value someone who sees themselves in others even if it a projection.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realised Adz is on Daicos. Understandable Adz not gaining as many clean possessions as normal. If Daicos is kept below normal output that’s a win for us.

Agree if Bont can star in 2nd half we are really in with a chance.

Would like to see English do just a tad more although he has been ok and held the big Texan well.