Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barry Hall - Goneski reported

Anyway, back to Barry Hall - whilst he is a bit of a hot head that split moment brain fade will cost him. No doubt the media will have a field day over it. Anyone think he will get less than 6 weeks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Anyway, back to Barry Hall?
    Sorry for trying to help someone out with a bit of advice & straying from the topic!

mjp, interested in your view on this. If you were Paul Roos, how would you handle a player who has clearly transgressed in the manner Hall did?

Would you discuss the matter at half time & if so in what context, after the game or leave it for a day or two?

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the regular heavy impact, intentional contact, yadda yadda yadda gets him 450 points (or 4.5 weeks) but with factors like off the ball and being an unexpected/unprovoked hit he should get more.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who haven't seen it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzN4Ly_yd9w
    Last edited by The Coon Dog; 13-04-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Hi Ken & welcome.

You are on level 3, so I reckon either wing so perhaps aisles 15-21 on one side or aisles 29-35 on the other side.

Dont get in rows P-R as your view of the big scoreboard is obscured by the room beam.

Suggest I-Pods, colouring books & bring your own snacks for them (perhaps some treat they don't usually have).

You can enter from any gate. My kids are now 13 & 10 but have been coming to the footy since they were 6 months old.
    Sorry for trying to help someone out with a bit of advice & straying from the topic!
    We have been getting off topic a fair bit of late and given that KEN received nearly the same answer from SS on another thread, it wasn't a bad prompt to get it back on track.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpos...7&postcount=20
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We have been getting off topic a fair bit of late and given that KEN received nearly the same answer from SS on another thread, it wasn't a bad prompt to get it back on track.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpos...7&postcount=20
    And if I'd seen Ken had been answered on another thread first, then I would have answered there first.

Once again I'll apologise about going off topic to answer/respond!

Post Thanks / Like

And if I'd seen Ken had been answered on another thread first, then I would have answered there first.

Once again I'll apologise about going off topic to answer/respond!
    No problems but I have requested that the mods try and get the threads back on topic where applicable. It's over so lets get back to big bad bustling Bazza Hall issue.

How many weeks does everyone think he will get?
    I wonder if it will also be a big test of Leigh Matthews theory with Sydney being the preferred club?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the youtube link TCD (i think).

Preferred club or not there is nothing that can stop the man getting anything less then 6.

Personally I believe it will be 8.

Points won't come into it as it will be sent straight to the tribunal. Off the ball and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How many weeks does everyone think he will get?
    I wonder if it will also be a big test of Leigh Matthews theory with Sydney being the preferred club?
    As I mentioned in my opening post GVG, I reckon he will get 6 minimum. The protected species is the term they now use with the Swans. Roger Merrett also alluded in an article last week, that Sydney was perceived in that light by a few people.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel he may very possibly get 12 weeks for it, just to set and example and to prove the Swans are not untouchable, Goodesy getting off and causing a bit of a back lash from Lethal may put an extra 2 weeks on Hall's holiday (even though Lethal was just crying because Goodes was available to play against them). The action alone is worth 12 weeks but I think he'll get 8-10.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who haven't seen it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzN4Ly_yd9w
    Oh dear...

A question for Tribunal buffs here:

In the NRL if the MRP deem an offence to be of a highly serious nature, the player does not have the option of an early plea, he must front the judiciary.

Does the AFL tribunal work the same way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Oh dear...

A question for Tribunal buffs here:

In the NRL if the MRP deem an offence to be of a highly serious nature, the player does not have the option of an early plea, he must front the judiciary.

Does the AFL tribunal work the same way?
    Yep,

And I reckon the MRP will pass this one straight on.

If they don't, it least would have to be:
    Intentional (can be nothing else)
    High (no question)
    High Impact (rather than severe?)
    Behind Play (no question)

I make that 425 points and 4 weeks. No points hanging over his head, no good behaviour discount.

Less 25% for a guilty plea = 318 pts or 3 weeks (still enough to miss our game).

They'll pass it on for sure

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a disgrace when Hall got off to play in the Grand Final after punching Maguire. The AFL has to take some responsibility for allowing Hall to get away with that low gutless act. If they had have taken a hard line then, maybe Hall would never have done what he did tonight. He could have killed Staker. Hall is an overrated thug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I think it was a disgrace when Hall got off to play in the Grand Final after punching Maguire. The AFL has to take some responsibility for allowing Hall to get away with that low gutless act. If they had have taken a hard line then, maybe Hall would never have done what he did tonight. He could have killed Staker. Hall is an overrated thug.
    Spot on, just wish there was a camera when Chris Grant was felled behind the play. Kinda makes you think about what did really happen. It was about 3 or 4 years ago in Sydney & Grant was prone on the ground when the cameras panned onto him, with only Barry Hall within proximity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I think it was a disgrace when Hall got off to play in the Grand Final after punching Maguire.
    Yes, I remember that when he got Goose - Hall and Goodes seem to come under the "The protected Species Act"