Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  51
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We aren't dumb enough to lose to Gold Coast are we??

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    My amateur instagram detective work is telling me that we apparently caught a PJ to Darwin. Obviously very sick and also doesn’t feel like something that a team who plans on losing would do.
    It would be paid for by the AFL given their airline provider rarely flies direct to Darwin from Melbourne, and when it does it gets in very late at night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It would be paid for by the AFL given their airline provider rarely flies direct to Darwin from Melbourne, and when it does it gets in very late at night.
    Plane nerd facts;

The aircraft in question has been used for many different things some good; Antarctic resupply, aid missions in the South Pacific, disaster support, troop movements for the ADF. And some bad; sending refugees/asylum seekers to Nauru, refugees who have been denied asylum, the bombers playing pre season matches interstate.

3. Thanks azabob, hujsh, bulldogtragic, Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Plane nerd facts;

The aircraft in question has been used for many different things some good; Antarctic resupply, aid missions in the South Pacific, disaster support, troop movements for the ADF. And some bad; sending refugees/asylum seekers to Nauru, refugees who have been denied asylum, the bombers playing pre season matches interstate.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So for the stats nerds: since round 6 we've won 15 quarters of football, 2nd in the comp behind Port Adelaide with 16.

Gold Coast are equal 6th and have been playing good football. They do score well from stoppages which is not surprising as Witts is an excellent tap ruckman and Rowell is an inside beast
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    My amateur instagram detective work is telling me that we apparently caught a PJ to Darwin. Obviously very sick and also doesn?t feel like something that a team who plans on losing would do.
    What is a PJ ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    What is a PJ ?
    Private Jet i guessed.

10. Thanks westbulldog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Private Jet i guessed.
    For a moment I had visions of them all arriving in their pyjamas.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

We will be winning this one no doubt, our new found frontal pressure will be too much for suns.

I have bad news however MJP, everyone knows on woof that we will be loosing to the cats. Lock it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    We will be winning this one no doubt, our new found frontal pressure will be too much for suns.

I have bad news however MJP, everyone knows on woof that we will be loosing to the cats. Lock it in.
    One game at a time. The “we aren’t dumb enough to lose vs the cats” thread can’t be written until the suns are vanquished. I’m buoyed by everyone’s confidence but still feel this is a danger game.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    One game at a time. The “we aren’t dumb enough to lose vs the cats” thread can’t be written until the suns are vanquished. I’m buoyed by everyone’s confidence but still feel this is a danger game.
    The Suns have a good mix of players and if we aren't switched on we will be in for a difficult night. We have struggled with athletic sides in the past. It shouldn't be a danger game unless we open the door for them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

In past seasons, the Carlton game is the one we'd drop.

We're playing worse than some previous seasons, but winning more. It's unchartered territory. Right now, we're one winning quarter behind Port Adelaide as the form side of the competition (since Round 6, 15 quarters won) and we haven't played West Coast or North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Suns have a good mix of players and if we aren't switched on we will be in for a difficult night. We have struggled with athletic sides in the past. It shouldn't be a danger game unless we open the door for them.
    It's one game where JOD may actually have a role if he can sit on Lukosius all game and make his life a misery.
    Ballard's intercept marking is elite but I'm confident we have the tall timber to reduce his impact.

17. Likes GVGjr, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is. Suns beat Richmond and Geelong and only lost to Melbourne by 5 points. They're no mugs.

Post Thanks / Like

If I bump this, does it turn things around for us?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep.