Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  164
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R12 2023 Sat 3/6, 7:25PM - Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Most bands haven't hurt anyone (maybe 30 second to Mars with the weird cult thing)
    Have you heard We Will Rock You? It's an assault to not only the memory of Freddy but my vestibulocochlear nerve!

That's checkmate my friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Gary has lost control of the board! There is Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and then there is silence. Every rock, punk and metal riff ever written was written right there.
    To lose something you have to have had it 1ED !

3. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Have you heard We Will Rock You? It's an assault to not only the memory of Freddy but my vestibulocochlear nerve!

Ok. I'm meeting Nickelback at the nets.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never said that I ever made it as a wise man. Nor did I ever say that I could cut it as a poor man stealing, either.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to the game I've finally watched the Bevo presser post match.

He really did say Stewart didn't have a big impact and that we had more intercept marks.

Because we push a half forward to the contest (think Macrae, Smith) Stewart was on his own.

I can't for the life of me understand why you leave such a critical player free? Why doesn't one of the other forwards push up and stand next to him.

I get the whole we want to play our way scenario, however it was clear he was causing issues just by being in the way when our downfield players looked up and tried to enter 50.

To say he didn't have a big impact, then after review giving him best on ground also makes me concerned that they aren't reacting to in game situations effectively.

Strange one.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the whole we want to play our way scenario, however it was clear he was causing issues just by being in the way when our downfield players looked up and tried to enter 50.
    This is such flawed logic - no good team allows their opposition to play their way. Especially a shrewd bastard like Chris Scott - his entire MO is to take away from the opposition strength, which he does against us for fun.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This is such flawed logic - no good team allows their opposition to play their way. Especially a shrewd bastard like Chris Scott - his entire MO is to take away from the opposition strength, which he does against us for fun.
    I don?t like our way. zero goals in 50 minutes is unpleasant. Can we please play their way.

12. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I don?t like our way. zero goals in 50 minutes is unpleasant. Can we please play their way.
    I haven't watched enough footy this year to know if it is our game plan that is askew, or if our skill level is sub-par, or if the connection into F50 is the fault of the mids delivering or the running patterns of the F50 players, but I do know the Geelong method prioritises retention of the footy at all costs. Some of the edits of Isaac Smith and Gryan Myers in particular this week were illuminating - they changed direction and chose whatever option that ensured the ball was retained by their team.

It bears repeating that we are still ahead of Geelong on the 2023 ladder, so clearly there are elements of our game that are functioning well. But the eye test is that we work exceptionally hard for our scores compared to our opponents most weeks, and that is something that has plagued us for large parts of the last 6 and a half seasons.

Sharper minds than mine are obviously working on this every day, so I hope Bevo and his match committee can unlock better/easier avenues to scoring. Since round 3, there's no doubt we have defended the total ground much better than recent seasons - if we can unlock the F50 connection mystery, we can still make a big impact this season.

14. Likes GVGjr, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett has been reading woof :

IF ...
    Bevo said Cat Tom Stewart was "not a massive factor" in the round 12 post-match media conference ...

THEN ...
    I take him at his word that he meant that. But it was very interesting to then see Stewart amass a maximum 10 votes for the performance in the official AFL Coaches Association award. Bevo isn't a member of the AFLCA, and "coaching groups" are known to regularly construct those votes.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett has been reading woof :

IF ...
    Bevo said Cat Tom Stewart was "not a massive factor" in the round 12 post-match media conference ...

THEN ...
    I take him at his word that he meant that. But it was very interesting to then see Stewart amass a maximum 10 votes for the performance in the official AFL Coaches Association award. Bevo isn't a member of the AFLCA, and "coaching groups" are known to regularly construct those votes.
    He brought that up at Footy Classified on Wednesday night. It was a bit of a U turn by Bevo given his presser.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"