Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: 2020 Redraft

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    2020 Redraft

    This is how SEN see how the 2020 would look now if there was a redraft



    This is how the draft actually panned out

    1 Western Bulldogs – Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

    2 Adelaide Crows – Riley Thilthorpe (West Adelaide/South Australia)

    3 North Melbourne – Will Phillips (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

    4 Sydney Swans – Logan McDonald (Perth/Western Australia)

    5 Sydney Swans – Braeden Campbell (Sydney Swans Academy/Allies)

    6 Hawthorn – Denver Grainger-Barras (Swan Districts/Western Australia)

    7 Gold Coast Suns – Elijah Hollands (Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country)

    8 Essendon – Nik Cox (Northern Knights/Vic Metro)

    9 Essendon – Archie Perkins (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)

    10 Essendon – Zach Reid (Gippsland Power/Vic Country)

    11 Adelaide Crows – Luke Pedlar (Glenelg/South Australia)

    12 GWS GIANTS – Tanner Bruhn (Geelong Falcons/Vic Country)

    13 North Melbourne – Tom Powell (Sturt/South Australia)

    14 Fremantle – Heath Chapman (West Perth/Western Australia)

    15 GWS GIANTS – Conor Stone (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

    16 Port Adelaide – Lachlan Jones (Woodville West-Torrens/South Australia)

    17 Collingwood – Oliver Henry (Geelong Falcons/Vic Country)

    18 GWS GIANTS – Ryan Angwin (Gippsland Power/Vic Country)

    19 Collingwood – Finlay Macrae (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

    20 Geelong – Max Holmes (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  2. Likes Jasper liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    I know you have to be more patient with the development of taller players and make allowances for injuries and players arriving at clubs with strong lists but I tend to think the redraft is about right.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I know you have to be more patient with the development of taller players and make allowances for injuries and players arriving at clubs with strong lists but I tend to think the redraft is about right.
    Would you swap Gulden for Marra?

    That would be your answer.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would you swap Gulden for Marra?

    That would be your answer.
    Gulden's the better player right now based on what we've seen.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Perkins should be a couple of spots higher, ditto Ginnivan. And Pedlar should be in the top 10 at the expense of Phillips - I'd have Pedlar ahead of Campbell and Henry as well.

    Gulden is a jet and has Marra covered for the moment - that could change and quickly. Marra is developing beautifully.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

  8. Likes 1eyedog, GVGjr, Mofra liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West of somewhere.
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    As usual, it just proves that it doesn't matter whether you select Logan McDonald, Braeden Campbell or Archie Perkins, just so long as you don't select Will Phillips. This rule originated with the "It doesn't matter if you choose Nic Natanui or Stephen Hill, just as long as you don't select Jack Watts" rule and remains in play every year.

    We MAY have fallen victim too it a coupla times (oh no....that's Tim Walsh's music!) but every year it is a 100% fact that there are 7-8 good players in each draft and if you are picking in the Top 10 you simply MUST get one of them.

    Outside of that 7-8 players the draft is a collection of role players and contributors...

    Now, if you happen to get lucky with a late pick or - heaven forbid, a rookie selection - that's what great teams are built on.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

  10. Likes Bulldog Joe, Mofra, Jasper, MrMahatma liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Absolutely too early to be rating that draft.

    Since we can go back and make Adelaide select Gulden at 1 to force Sydney to pay the price we just accept that we have a terrific player developing.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Absolutely too early to be rating that draft.

    Since we can go back and make Adelaide select Gulden at 1 to force Sydney to pay the price we just accept that we have a terrific player developing.
    Remember you only draft for the first 3 years.

    It's click bait.

    Marra is still clear #1 for me.

    Midfielders aren't as valuable.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    How many games has Gulden won for sydney ?

    Marra has won us at least 2 I can count .

    5 goals last year in one game against melb.

    and the game after he was vilified this year.

    the point is, JUH is exactly what we have been searching for in a powerful fwd who can play and demand the ball.

  14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    13,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Now, if you happen to get lucky with a late pick or - heaven forbid, a rookie selection - that's what great teams are built on.
    2010 case in point.

    Arguably the worst draft in modern history, we got Wally with a first and Libba with a 2nd rounder - then in the rookie draft picked up Dahlhaus and JJ.
    An immediate leg up over the competition.

    In successive drafts, Carlton had picks 3 & 10 - Dow & O'Brien. Ouch.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  16. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Somewhere out West
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    2010 case in point.

    Arguably the worst draft in modern history, we got Wally with a first and Libba with a 2nd rounder - then in the rookie draft picked up Dahlhaus and JJ.
    An immediate leg up over the competition.

    In successive drafts, Carlton had picks 3 & 10 - Dow & O'Brien. Ouch.
    Wasnt that in the same draft?
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    13,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Wasnt that in the same draft?
    You're right.
    Two bites at the cherry - double ouch. They were very close to taking Ed Richards at pick 10 too

    That was the draft St Kilda took Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield with pick 7 & 8, and we went for some backman who couldn't kick with pick 9. I think he turned out ok though.


    Interesting rookie draft too - Mihocek & Amarty, and of course champion goalkicker (for a year) Billy Gowers
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    You're right.
    Two bites at the cherry - double ouch. They were very close to taking Ed Richards at pick 10 too

    That was the draft St Kilda took Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield with pick 7 & 8, and we went for some backman who couldn't kick with pick 9. I think he turned out ok though.


    Interesting rookie draft too - Mihocek & Amarty, and of course champion goalkicker (for a year) Billy Gowers
    Recruiting team is as important as coaching these days.

  19. Likes josie, MrMahatma liked this post
  20. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Interesting list.

    Some solid players but none standout for potential top 10 players in the comp.

    I'd still have Marra as #1. Building really well, although I'm not sure of his ceiling.
    W00F!

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2020 Redraft

    Defo stick with Marra.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •