Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Dog is the best ruck in the game

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Staggered that they paid the free against English for kneeing.
    It was a shit free but I think it was because he kneed him then landed before the ball reached them. A bit like a low key version of when a ruck jumps on the other but does it too early and just impedes them.

The high one just before/after it was harder to figure out imo.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    It was a shit free but I think it was because he kneed him then landed before the ball reached them. A bit like a low key version of when a ruck jumps on the other but does it too early and just impedes them.

The high one just before/after it was harder to figure out imo.
    The high one where they both incidentally got each other high/ infringed with no advantage but only one player got penalised?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    All due respect you didn?t see the game but you want to argue that English had a better game than Lycett based on stats alone and not take into account woof poster?s opinions? Reality is against certain types of rucks English will struggle. As GVGjr says, no shame in getting beaten by Lycett.
    Nothing to do with Woofers Opinions - didn't have a go at anyone with all due respect .

All I am saying is Hitouts is not everything unless they give you an advantage. Lycett got the hitouts but out of 40 odd 11 were to adv. I wouldn't know how he played around the ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    To my eyes at the ground, I didn't notice a clear domination in the ruck contest. Certainly not the same level of domination in the ruck as he conceded to Pittonet and Witts. Thought Tim had some pretty clear wins, and while he was down on output around the ground still beat Lycett in this facet. The push forward to take a contested grab over Butters with Daniel's left foot assist in the last was poetry.

He can't do it every week but his performance against the Cats was very special, not something that many other players have done in my time watching football. He's had an incredible season and is the last player in our team that I'd scrutinise while trying to find reasons that we're losing.
    In that passage of play he actually marked the ball in our back pocket from the kick out and raced down the field. Extremely hard to play on in that facet.

5. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nothing to do with Woofers Opinions - didn't have a go at anyone with all due respect .

All I am saying is Hitouts is not everything unless they give you an advantage. Lycett got the hitouts but out of 40 odd 11 were to adv. I wouldn't know how he played around the ground.
    I think the point BAD, is that if English fought harder and was stronger at times, he'd get more hands to the footy and more hit outs to advantage.

His hit out to advantage statistics are also not entirely to do with his level of proficiency as a tap ruckman. Just like our clearance players are elite at sharking every contest, they're also elite at sharking his - it takes two to tango. In a less talented clearance set up, his hit outs to advantage would likely be lower if he was generating the same total hit outs.

Appreciate you didn't see the game and you're not telling people how to think about the game, though a bit of context around the stats and what could have been is important.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think the point BAD, is that if English fought harder and was stronger at times, he'd get more hands to the footy and more hit outs to advantage.

His hit out to advantage statistics are also not entirely to do with his level of proficiency as a tap ruckman. Just like our clearance players are elite at sharking every contest, they're also elite at sharking his - it takes two to tango. In a less talented clearance set up, his hit outs to advantage would likely be lower if he was generating the same total hit outs.

Appreciate you didn't see the game and you're not telling people how to think about the game, though a bit of context around the stats and what could have been is important.
    And also didn't English starch Lycett earlier this year?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I thought the same. Have a feeling Lycett was dropped shortly afterwards....I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Lycett only played 41% game time that day. Injured I think. So, not really a useful comparison.

10. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Lycett only played 41% game time that day. Injured I think. So, not really a useful comparison.
    Tactically subbed early with the weather being so bad. Dixon & Finlayson rucked well, English was good too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Tactically subbed early with the weather being so bad. Dixon & Finlayson rucked well,. English was good too
    That change turned the game in their favour also.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Likes JanLorMill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    He was subbed out because he was getting starched is how I recall it.

Please don't come back with any facts it would be ruinous to my position in this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post