Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 things learned from Rd13 vs Port Power 2023

Please list 3 new things you learned from tonight's encounter with Port.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd13 vs Port Power 2023

1 - Our best is pretty good. We lack finishing skills.
    2 - Port are the real deal.
    3 - We need to be prepared to make some hard calls on the list at the end of the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    3 - We need to be prepared to make some hard calls on the list at the end of the season.
    Like axing Vandermeer, right?

1. All our forward entries need to be routed via Marra. He's the only natural forward and usually gets to good spots.
    2. I really noticed tonight the second efforts of their mids to do the grunt work eg Drew spoiling Bont's kick then recovering to be the link up man when the kicked the goal that pushed them further ahead. Really doing one percenters for the better of the team. I thought our mids were actually pretty good but that was something lacking from us.
    3. I'm really rethinking my Naughton forward position.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

1. Port are very very good. A Port v Collingwood GF would be entertaining.
    2. Definitely need to focus on a couple of gun mids - draft/ recruit. We aren’t far behind and with good KP depth - Darcy, Marra, Naughton, Busslinger - we need Butters/ Rozee types to take advantage of our young KP stocks.
    3. Not sure where West is at. Did some good things but just not enough - hope he does get an extended run at it.

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/ 9 kicks, 25 handballs for Treloar. Not sure that?s what we need from him.
    2/ Bailey Dale has turned into our worst kick.. how did this happen?
    3/ Nights like tonight question you where Naughts is to play? Paying him $700k+ to watch on for most parts.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are feeling an over-correction from a few dodgy calls that went our way in the Gold Coast game. The difference in how both sets of forwards in particular were umpired was criminal.
    2. JJ and Richards can't come back quick enough. They were able to slow us down too often and we lack that closing speed in our defence at the moment too.
    3. We aren't that far off it. That team is the best in the comp right now- their form has been much better than even Collingwood. That needs to be acknowledged
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 10-06-2023 at 01:12 AM.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Josh Bruce, welcome to the VFL.
    2. It is time to rebuild, even if we make the 8 we are only making up the numbers.
    3. Lade has taught English nothing about ruckwork.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have so many players either well beyond their best or not up to it. Bruce, Duryea, West, McComb, McLean, Hannan, McNeil, Keath, Vandermeer, Baker, O'Brien, Crozier, Smith, Garcia, Raak, Sweet, Gardner. Some of these are OK as depth, but that's just far too many players to carry in a squad of 40 odd.

2. Marra is our best forward. Leads well, his hands are getting better, although I'm not a big fan of his double leg jump approach. He's getting involved in the play far more than Lobb and Naughton and the only thing holding him back is conversion. Great signs though.

3. Naughton needs to play CHF and move right up the ground, and even then, one has to wonder if he should just be our CHB.
    W00F!

12. Likes josie, Sedat, macca, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Lycett had 43 hitouts to Tim English, 20 hitouts being a big factor in our loss
    2. Liberatore outstanding again with 35 disposals.
    3. Naughton again showed why he should play at CHB where Bruce was disappointing

Post Thanks / Like

1. When English is dominated in the ruck he doesn?t have as much impact around the ground
    2. Port Adelaide just cut us apart through the corridor. Countless free players and seamless transition. Their handballing from congestion to players out the back was elite
    3. That was a winnable game.

Bonus

4. I will admit I am sometimes, maybe, potentially one sided with umpiring but I found tonight absolutely horrendous. I counted 4 goals to port from free kicks in their F50. The inconsistency is what kills me

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have no turnover game to speak of. Other teams score off turnover for fun (and create so many easier avenues to score as a result) but not us.
    2. Too much left to too few, again.
    3. Our 1-on-1 defending inside D50 has regressed badly in the last 3 weeks - I thought we turned a corner in this area but I was wrong.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are not that far away. They are the best in the comp in the last 10 weeks. A few 50/50 moments go our way and we could have won that game. It is an eight point ball game with five to play without that horrendous goal line free kick.

2. Losing two of our classier HB has been costly. JJ and Richards were sorely missed. Playing JOD across HB was a disaster. He had a 'mare.

3. Bruce looked cooked. Completely. Came back too early? He wasn't that bad early in the season. Seriously one of the worst games I have ever seen from a Bulldog defender. Every time he went near the ball it was a howler. He had 10 touches for five clangers. He missed spoils. He lacked physical presence in the contest. He didn't kill balls that need to be killed. He sat on the ball for holding the ball. In the first quarter he could have legally killed Dixon but hesitated and let Dixon monster him coming back with the flight. I like the person, but that was as bad as it gets tonight.

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Port is a top 4 team, we are fringe 8 making up the numbers

2. Now JUH is >>>> Naughton

3. Our bottom 6 are crap. Either not AFL standard or too young/green to be playing AFL
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

20. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    3. Our bottom 6 are crap. Either not AFL standard or too young/green to be playing AFL
    Horrendously bad tonight. In particular Arty, JOD and Bruce had horrific nights. Scott and West also had very little influence.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and #4

English is a great utility, but a crap ruckman
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.