Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 13, 2023 vs Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I thought Bonts smothered kick going forward was the moment. A tiny bit of resistance and we crumbled.

Wasn?t the only moment wmbut they goaled and it killed our momentum
    Yeah, good observation. It's those moments we miss that they then capitalise on to score that really hurt. The old 12 point turnaround.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I thought Bonts smothered kick going forward was the moment. A tiny bit of resistance and we crumbled.

Wasn?t the only moment wmbut they goaled and it killed our momentum
    Yep this one for me. Then we let JHF run an arc whilst Duryea and Daniel watched him to seal it. Not sure where the pressure from behind was.
    Port would’ve run our guys down if they had that much time with the ball in the 50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yep this one for me. Then we let JHF run an arc whilst Duryea and Daniel watched him to seal it.
    To be fair. Duryea was being unfairly held to the ground prior to that by Rioli. Taken out of the contest. Daniel simply doesn't have the legs to go with JHF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    To be fair. Duryea was being unfairly held to the ground prior to that by Rioli. Taken out of the contest. Daniel simply doesn't have the legs to go with JHF.
    I’ll need to see that again, I thought it was a fair contest. People give too much time to umpiring decisions I think. Bruce was caught cold holding the ball directly in front I think in the last and it was play on. They miss some. Didn’t change the result. Cody went ass over again in the first I’m even finding that annoying. I’ll preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for the umps it’s a tough gig. I only see maybe 1 or 2 I don’t agree with a game.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll need to see that again, I thought it was a fair contest. People give too much time to umpiring decisions I think. Bruce was caught cold holding the ball directly in front I think in the last and it was play on. They miss some. Didn’t change the result. Cody went ass over again in the first I’m even finding that annoying. I’ll preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for the umps it’s a tough gig. I only see maybe 1 or 2 I don’t agree with a game.
    If you watch the replay. You will see he held onto his arm and actually pulled him to the ground. Free kick for me.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    If you watch the replay. You will see he held onto his arm and actually pulled him to the ground. Free kick for me.
    Ok sounds like a mistake. I saw it from behind looked like a test of strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep this one for me. Then we let JHF run an arc whilst Duryea and Daniel watched him to seal it. Not sure where the pressure from behind was.
    Port would’ve run our guys down if they had that much time with the ball in the 50.
    Anthony Scott also got beat in the contest to get the loose ball and then went to ground… really good players do things that average players can’t to help you win close games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Anthony Scott also got beat in the contest to get the loose ball and then went to ground… really good players do things that average players can’t to help you win close games.
    He is a jet - wow Port lucked out.

He had a paddock it's rare you're not run down in that situation in AFL.

One of our midfield/hf players should've been compressing up however we maybe were trying to win/holding position at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

He is a jet - wow Port lucked out.

He had a paddock it's rare you're not run down in that situation in AFL.

One of our midfield/hf players should've been compressing up however we maybe were trying to win/holding position at that point.
    The ball moved pretty quickly from end to end so a bit much to expect the players from the zones mentioned to get back to assist… the issue is how the ball got there.

Butters got around Libba pretty easily and after smothering Bont’s kick Drew was able to be the link up to get the long kick in deep… Interesting that after the smother Drew was still laying on the ground as Bont started jogging back to follow the ball, but Drew ran straight past him to get the ball from Butters.

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Port can go all the way. Hopefully they will beat Geelong this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly5 View Post
    I think Port can go all the way. Hopefully they will beat Geelong this week.
    They are very good, I don't think they can beat Melbourne or Collingwood at the G though.

Also if Aliir goes down I've got question marks about their defence.

Post Thanks / Like

For mine the moment occurred very early in the first quarter, at the centre bounce following the one where the first free kick was awarded against Tim English. Tim was very unsure at that bounce, and lacked any idea of how he might contest the ruck duel. inevitably another free kick was awarded against him. That was the beginning of Tim's horror night.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.