Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlion Pickett

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marlion Pickett

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sounds like it's a bit more complex than first reports suggest - Marlion paid for/leased items used in the burglaries and may not have been aware of what they were going to be used for, or if so the full extent.
    Given the backdrop of humbugging and family ties that are his background, he might have some reasonable grounds to contest some if not all of the charges.
    I hate the way the media writes headlines, they go way over the top and then when it causes a player to be hated or harassed by the crowd they turn it on the crowd . I think the JHF booing is a direct link to the media write ups about him since he was drafted by North. I personally think it’s got to a stage sports reporters should stick to reporting on the sports side of people not comment on personal life of players or presume what players mind set is .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I hate the way the media writes headlines, they go way over the top and then when it causes a player to be hated or harassed by the crowd they turn it on the crowd . I think the JHF booing is a direct link to the media write ups about him since he was drafted by North. I personally think it’s got to a stage sports reporters should stick to reporting on the sports side of people not comment on personal life of players or presume what players mind set is .
    I'd be booing the kid who 'went home' to Geelong over JHF if the issue is draft integrity so I guess it probably is the 'ice bath' type stories that people are so offended by.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Innocent until proven guilty is the only system for a functioning democratic society - it's certainly an infinitely better system than hysterically coming to premature conclusions based on untested media articles. Marlion fully deserves the presumption of innocence for his police changes as much as Phil Egan deserves his for the police charges he is currently under. And as with Egan, let the charges be properly heard in the correct forum and all the evidence fully and soberly assessed.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Thanks D Mitchell thanked for this post
    Likes merantau liked this post