Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 5 2008 Match Preview. Dogs v Tiges

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Hey i agree it is intelligent, never said it wasnt, just i thought we need to look at our attacking strength too , as you might have noticed our first four games have produced over 120 points in each. I think Wallace has a bit to worry about.
    Wallace loves the free run game too, as Essendon do, and if he worries about our forward line as much as we seem to be on his we will go in defending too much and lose.
    My point is let them worry about us, as the top sides do.

Yes, they have to worry about our good players, Cooney and Griffen are in really good form so they need to be held in check, but I thought the whole idea of this thread is to discuss the upcoming game and highlight which players from the opposition we need to keep in check so that we can win that particular game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Hey i agree it is intelligent, never said it wasnt, just i thought we need to look at our attacking strength too , as you might have noticed our first four games have produced over 120 points in each. I think Wallace has a bit to worry about.
    Wallace loves the free run game too, as Essendon do, and if he worries about our forward line as much as we seem to be on his we will go in defending too much and lose.
    My point is let them worry about us, as the top sides do.
    Wallace will have his game plan down pat with a full analysis of every player, however, if the game plan falls apart there is no plan B and we will over run them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that Mr Welsh has given the Tigers even more trouble than us in the past.

And he likes the Dome.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the Dome, my wife (who hates football but is a paid up member) is coming to the game with me on Sunday and as she is pregnant would like to take her own food. I have never taken food in as I have always just bought some chips or something. Is it possible to take your own food and non-alcoholic drinks? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Speaking of the Dome, my wife (who hates football but is a paid up member) is coming to the game with me on Sunday and as she is pregnant would like to take her own food. I have never taken food in as I have always just bought some chips or something. Is it possible to take your own food and non-alcoholic drinks? Thanks.

They won't let you take anything in cans, as they usually claim they could become missiles, but I usually take a thermos of coffee (laced with Brandy - for the nerves) and sandwiches if I'm running late. The main thing seems to be to be nice to the security guys.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I have read that Mr Welsh has given the Tigers even more trouble than us in the past.

And he likes the Dome.
    Long may it continue. Speaking of our # 28, a friend tells me he passed some critical comments on SEN about his former coach at Crowdome. Any one know what he said?
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Long may it continue. Speaking of our # 28, a friend tells me he passed some critical comments on SEN about his former coach at Crowdome. Any one know what he said?
    He made mention of the intensity of the Adelaide coach with regards to training and I don't think it went over well with the Crows leadership team.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Who plays on Deledio if Boyd is on Foley?

Post Thanks / Like

Griffen perhaps? Has a fairly mature defensive conscience and will keep Deledio accountable with his run and carry going the other way.

Otherwise, perhaps Hargrave provided he isn't required on one of the Tiger talls.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, sorry for the hijack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    He actually handled some loaded questions very well. At one point he said "I'm not answering that question" (it was a "have you stopped beating your wife?" kind of thing).

He was very guarded with his responses and his non-answers said more than most interviews ever say.