Likes Likes:  70
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: East West Club Event

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Thanks G!

Bevo is a great fella.

Was he wearing Sandals?
    Bit of a funny story, grabbed the wrong bag from his office before heading to the function so didn't have his slacks and shoes to change into so it was very much wearing the club shirt, shorts and runners.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thanks for the report GVGjr.

Sounds like it was a good night.
    Easty, I would have thought a night like this would have been a good one for you? Better than going to those pubs in the West for a parma

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the two great reports GVGjr. Sounds like a great night and good opportunity for you to size up Sanders.

Good to hear how the coaches are going about things and the chemistry with Bevo and Lade.

Liked the personal anecdotes. Clubs in good shape.

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am sure it is a great function. I am not starting a debate on it, I was just suggesting to get more people, maybe they find the venue a bit far. 100 people is very low.
    If I'm reading what Gary wrote correctly the same venue was getting 150 plus a few years back. If the club gets behind it more and helps make players, past and current, available and advertise it better it can be rekindled. The only time I get to hear about this club is here on WOOF and I'm kicking myself I didn't jump on this earlier. It costs a bit for 2 people to go but by the sounds of things you had a great chance to get a player, a coach or even an ex player on your table so that would make it a bit special. Hillier does a good job on these type of events as well. I don't think the location is the challenge its probably more marketing and advertising of it.

6. Likes Uninformed, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bit of a funny story, grabbed the wrong bag from his office before heading to the function so didn't have his slacks and shoes to change into so it was very much wearing the club shirt, shorts and runners.
    Such a Bevo thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Oakleigh and Burwood are basically neighbouring suburbs to Wheeler's Hill.

I don't see the point you're making at all.
    I wonder if there is a chance that people who work often from home now think any sort of travelling is a real chore? We live in the inner East and and once we get onto the Monash it would probably be a 25 minute drive. 7pm start is a friendly start.

9. Likes EasternWest, Jasper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report GVGjr. I'll have to try to get there next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Not if you live in the East.
    Wheelers Hill is really South East technically speaking. Directly east would be Box Hill or if you move further out say Ringwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Easty, I would have thought a night like this would have been a good one for you? Better than going to those pubs in the West for a parma
    Definitely thinking of moving to the inner west in the future (Love Seddon, Yarraville and Willy).

I?m still in the east. Driven around all the west (Inner suburbs and Outer suburbs) and know the roads very well now.

I was at the Mona Castle in Seddon with the folks for dinner on Saturday night.

I will always have an affinity with the Vermont South area growing up there.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 28-05-2024 at 08:06 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Wheelers Hill is really South East technically speaking. Directly east would be Box Hill or if you move further out say Ringwood.
    I grew up literally in that suburb

I was more biting back at BADs comment it was inconvenient for people in the East.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    No matter where it's located it's going to be an issue for some.
    One of the ladies who organised it come in from Lillydale with her husband so that's a bit of a commute in itself. As Stevo pointed out, the venue or location really isn't the issue for the people they're trying to attract and the area they're representing.
    If they've had big crowds in the past it can happen again if the club can help them with access to players, coaches and some club staff and of course advertise it. Probably easier said than done but a lot of supporter groups have vanished over the years so it just needs some support.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter where it's located it's going to be an issue for some.
    One of the ladies who organised it come in from Lillydale with her husband so that's a bit of a commute in itself. As Stevo pointed out, the venue or location really isn't the issue for the people they're trying to attract and the area they're representing.
    If they've had big crowds in the past it can happen again if the club can help them with access to players, coaches and some club staff and of course advertise it. Probably easier said than done but a lot of supporter groups have vanished over the years so it just needs some support.
    Maybe they could do an online version where it’s broadcast to subscribers at a small cost.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Disappointing. Nets.
    Can we move from the Yarraville nets? I live on the other side of the city and they're not super convenient.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Could he use that excuse in bad draft picks .. I grabbed the don’t want list instead of the want list.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Can we move from the Yarraville nets? I live on the other side of the city and they're not super convenient.
    Something close to the cbd should suffice then
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

19. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post