Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuart Dew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stuart Dew

Do we like conspiracy theories…

GCS can’t bid on THREE academy kids if they make the top 8. Only TWO matched bids at the pointy end of the draft are allowed for a finalist.

Is the club making sure it absolutely doesn’t make the 8, they’re only two games off. But the cost for making the eight is long term punishment in missing a gun academy kid. Unless you miss the 8, then you take all three gun players and look to the future a little brighter. Club sanctioned tanking?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Media lynch mob claim another scalp.
    AFL media - of which there are are twice as many accredited journos than those working in politics - sucks
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

GCS can’t bid on THREE academy kids if they make the top 8. Only two matched bids at the pointy end of the draft are allowed for a finalist.

Is the club making sure it absolutely doesn’t make the 8, they’re only two games off. But the cost for making the right is long term punishment in missing a gun kid. Unless you miss the 8, then you take all three gun players and look to the future a little brighter. Club sanctioned tanking?
    Possible, Possible
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee a few million people owe Caro an apology.

Suns would be crazy to appoint Damien Hardwick. If they do it will be a worse result than when the saints hired Malcolm Blight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    If anyone thought Dew was going to keep his job after that article stepping out the reasons Dew should go and GCS wouldn't want to miss a chance like they did with Hinkley then they're mad.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Suns picked a bad time to play Collingwood and Port Adelaide in consecutive weeks. It wasn't like they lost to Hawthorn by 20 goals like West Coast.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If anyone thought Dew was going to keep his job after that article stepping out the reasons Dew should go and GCS wouldn't want to miss a chance like they did with Hinkley then they're mad.
    I think it's been 5 or 6 years that he's been in charge. "EVERYONE" knew he wouldn't coach in 2024 unless they made finals...I get that Wilson has been made out to be the bad guy here but I'm not sure she reported anything that wasn't simple common sense.

All the talk about a 'rat in the ranks' at GC etc...give me a break. If you don't play finals then you get the flick - it's not always right but it is what happens...I was actually surprised he ended up being re-appointed and think the horrible salary cap stuff they were dealing with probably saved him - and ultimately doomed him. Along with the whole "the boys want me as coach" immediately followed by Rankine planting his flag in Adelaide...I have to agree that MOST of them stayed but even so...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think it's been 5 or 6 years that he's been in charge. "EVERYONE" knew he wouldn't coach in 2024 unless they made finals...I get that Wilson has been made out to be the bad guy here but I'm not sure she reported anything that wasn't simple common sense.

All the talk about a 'rat in the ranks' at GC etc...give me a break. If you don't play finals then you get the flick - it's not always right but it is what happens...I was actually surprised he ended up being re-appointed and think the horrible salary cap stuff they were dealing with probably saved him - and ultimately doomed him. Along with the whole "the boys want me as coach" immediately followed by Rankine planting his flag in Adelaide...I have to agree that MOST of them stayed but even so...
    I don't have a problem with Wilson reporting it, and I don't have a problem with Dew losing his job. Just saying it's been set up over a few days.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yet.

I often feel like I've missed a trick not getting on the CPA/PWC/Private School/politics/corporate board train that just carries you through life.

It must be so comforting knowing that no matter your ability, no matter your integrity (or lack thereof), no matter your incompetence, no matter the trail of destruction left in your wake, you're going to continue in an upward trajectory to the next sinecure and then the one after that.

In actual fact just saying that has inspired me to make a career change. Starting from now can you guys all please call me "Easters"?
    If I knew how to post gifs, now would be a good time for the Mel Brooks "'It's good to be the king" one from History of the World.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Rule of thumb for those at the top of the tree; make sure you keep cutting down the branches just below you to save your own skin.

Evans has to also be walked, surely? Two failed senior coaches, the management of their list and salary cap has been a total dumpster fire.
    Yep, classic management blaming someone else move.

Terrible for Stuart Dew

Suns are a nothing team. The administration just is crap.

look at all the players they have lost in the last 3 years:
    only players probably get a game: Bowes, Wright, Markov, Brodie maybe Greenwood.

2022: Jack Bowes (trade, Geelong), Matt Conroy (delisted), Josh Corbett (trade, Fremantle), Jez McLennan (delisted), Oleg Markov (delisted), Patrick Murtagh (delisted), Rhys Nicholls (delisted), Izak Rankine (trade, Adelaide), Rory Thompson (retired)

Markov may have been premature

Who left in 2021: Will Brodie (trade, Fremantle), Aiden Fyfe (delisted), Hugh Greenwood (delisted free agent, North Melbourne), Jarrod Harbrow (retired), Jack Hombsch (retired), Jordan Murdoch (retired), Zac Smith (retired), Luke Towey (delisted), Jacob Townsend (delisted)

Who has left 2020: Jacob Dawson (delisted), Corey Ellis (delisted), Sam Fletcher (delisted), Pearce Hanley (retired), Jacob Heron (delisted), George Horlin-Smith (retired), Jesse Joyce (delisted), Anthony Miles (retired), Mitch Riordan (delisted), Josh Schoenfeld (delisted), Peter Wright (Essendon, trade)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

GCS can’t bid on THREE academy kids if they make the top 8. Only TWO matched bids at the pointy end of the draft are allowed for a finalist.

Is the club making sure it absolutely doesn’t make the 8, they’re only two games off. But the cost for making the eight is long term punishment in missing a gun academy kid. Unless you miss the 8, then you take all three gun players and look to the future a little brighter. Club sanctioned tanking?
    The Suns need their first finals appearance more than anything at the moment.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post