Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

You are John Longmire on game day - what are your plans for the Dogs?

We are all Dogs fans here, and so we obviously mostly focus on our team with upcoming matches.

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread where we could all apply our vast collective footy knowledge thinking like the opposition and figuring out their game plan, tactics, and match ups against us.

So give it a go, you are John Longmire on game day and who knows, if this goes well maybe it could be a useful thread before each game.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You are John Longmire on game day - what are your plans for the Dogs?

Tag Libba as a first, second and third priority.

Let the Bulldogs win the clearance and 'clear' - given the Bulldogs regularly push 1-2 HFs up to the contest, take that then try and defend the clearance kick, then rebound.

Use the corridor - the Bulldogs are allergic to the centre square in open play.

If I was Longmire I'd be thinking "jeez I wish Papley was in form" because if in he's the type to kick a bag. In the past couple of months he's been lucky to hold his spot.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Tag Libba as a first, second and third priority.

Let the Bulldogs win the clearance and 'clear' - given the Bulldogs regularly push 1-2 HFs up to the contest, take that then try and defend the clearance kick, then rebound.

Use the corridor - the Bulldogs are allergic to the centre square in open play.

If I was Longmire I'd be thinking "jeez I wish Papley was in form" because if in he's the type to kick a bag. In the past couple of months he's been lucky to hold his spot.
    Longmire is no doubt thinking "The Bulldogs play players into form"and rubbing his hands together.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Longmire is no doubt thinking "The Bulldogs play players into form"and rubbing his hands together.
    Mills to get a run in the middle (finally! say Swans fans).

Amarty to kick a bag? Our KPD stocks right now are Keath, a banged up Gardner who should be rested, and Tibor the assistant property steward. Oh, and Bruce.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tag Bont
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to see the selections before we can really know but if Darcy plays and does some ruck work I'd be instructing Hickey to go hard at a couple of contests.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We need to see the selections before we can really know but if Darcy plays and does some ruck work I'd be instructing Hickey to go hard at a couple of contests.
    This should be Hickey's instruction regardless who is rucking.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Agreed.

When we battled last week Collingwood were able to turn our extra at the stop into their spare behind the ball...then rely on their pressure from the forwards/mids to force us to kick it to him...

Surely they will be trying to do this? Drop off Macrae/Weightman whoever is getting highest to establish a strong intercept position behind the ball whilst also holding 6x forwards to take advantage should the turnover be effected...

Not sure what Lloyd's status is post Nankervis 'intervention' but he would be the likely 'runner' with Blakely the interceptor I guess...need to see Sydney's team.

I wouldn't tag Liber btw...I would just let him get it and hold him in - he's been pretty careless flipping the ball out of the contest lately..
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Agreed.

When we battled last week Collingwood were able to turn our extra at the stop into their spare behind the ball...then rely on their pressure from the forwards/mids to force us to kick it to him...

Surely they will be trying to do this? Drop off Macrae/Weightman whoever is getting highest to establish a strong intercept position behind the ball whilst also holding 6x forwards to take advantage should the turnover be effected...

Not sure what Lloyd's status is post Nankervis 'intervention' but he would be the likely 'runner' with Blakely the interceptor I guess...need to see Sydney's team.

I wouldn't tag Liber btw...I would just let him get it and hold him in - he's been pretty careless flipping the ball out of the contest lately..
    Lloyd out due to concussion
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.