Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Fremantle Dockers

They don?t have their own thread. Yet. Until now.

They?re staring down finishing fourth last. Fyfe is shot along with several others.

Yet, because they sold the farm for Jackson, they have no picks inside the top 20 and just the one pick in the top 40. How the hell are they meant to rebuild? They have no free agents to bring in compo picks either.

I suspect they?re going to have to move a few players or face a highly uncertain future. I would not want to be them and can see clubs targeting gettable types off them (ie not Darcy, Serong, Amiss etc). With rumours abound about Ryan and Schultz wanting to Victoria, I can?t see Freo saying no to either among others. Opposing clubs will know how ****ed Freo are and drive very hard bargains. Watch this space.

Poor Freo. But selling the farm and falling rapidly down the ladder is a toxic mix.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fremantle Dockers

Should we be asking about Ryan? Good rebound defender
    No to Henry , we have added Poulter, so i dont see what more Henry may bring

We have heard this song before "sold the farm"... it just does not end well.

Schultz would be a handy small fwd
    Last edited by macca; 23-07-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They don?t have their own thread. Yet. Until now.

They?re staring down finishing fourth last. Fyfe is shot along with several others.

Yet, because they sold the farm for Jackson, they have no picks inside the top 20 and just the one pick in the top 40. How the hell are they meant to rebuild? They have no free agents to bring in compo picks either.

I suspect they?re going to have to move a few players or face a highly uncertain future. I would not want to be them and can see clubs targeting gettable types off them (ie not Darcy, Serong, Amiss etc). With rumours abound about Ryan and Schultz wanting to Victoria, I can?t see Freo saying no to either among others. Opposing clubs will know how ****ed Freo are and drive very hard bargains. Watch this space.

Poor Freo. But selling the farm and falling rapidly down the ladder is a toxic mix.
    Our own Bob Murphy is director of footy ops isn’t he and these judgements reflect on him I’d imagine.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Our own Bob Murphy is director of footy ops isn’t he and these judgements reflect on him I’d imagine.
    It’s a huge **** up on somebody. To be fair, their thinking was we won a home final and got Luke Jackson so we should aim to rising up the ladder and handing over say picks 15+ and 33+. But dropping to 4th last and handing over 4 & 22, is well, people losing job outcome’s especially when decent players need to go now. Some off field heads must roll. I guess we will see who gets sacked over this implosion.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Peter Bell is General Manager of Football and David Walls is Head of Player Personnel (Freo's Title - but sounds like List Manager to Me).

Responsibility should be primarily on them and the coach.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Great analysis.

They’re in a world of hurt with a transitioning list they overrated and not much ability to go long in what’s looking like a reasonable draft class. Melbourne meanwhile are living the dream with the haul from Jackson giving them a unique ability to land another 250 game top tier talent and continue with refreshing their already strong list.

8. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Great analysis.
    They got super young all of a sudden.

Mundy retired then Brodie got injured - replaced by Erasmus and Johnson who just aren't ready. Acres replaced by Henry. They have Wagner (I think that's his name) playing half-back ahead of Wilson...

Cox is out.

Honestly - I think it's a bit of a season from hell but at the same time given the players they traded out (Logue and Tucker as well as the aforementioned Acres and of course Lobb) were a big part of their depth and, well...you get what you get. To me it was pretty obvious early in the year that it was going pear-shaped (said so on here) and they gave away too much of their present in search of a better future. We wont know if it works for 3 years.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sean Darcy has signed a six-year contract extension, per Fremantle
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Imagine how many pies that will pay for.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I prefer our two ruck set-up with English and Lobb but Fremantles is very impressive with Darcy and Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge wrap for Sean Darcy - not sure this makes sense though.

A lot of salary cap tied up in two genuine ruckman and contract years...

Quite a puzzling move.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'm a huge wrap for Sean Darcy - not sure this makes sense though.

A lot of salary cap tied up in two genuine ruckman and contract years...

Quite a puzzling move.
    He’s a gun. So is Luke Jackson. But I don’t think they can both be guns in the same team at the same time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes EasternWest, bulldogtragic liked this post