Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
Does it depend on what stage of the cycle they are in? For example West Coast could use a PP but using the North situation they may benefit more from off field support such as soft cap relief or more investment is player development.

My concern with North Melbourne overall is they are making poor decisions off field. Appointing Clarkson was the wrong decision from the start and clearly is going to be a problem till he walks away or is sacked.

North have been making mistake after mistake off field since Brad Scott was shown the door.

I honestly cannot see them getting out of this hole in the next 3-5 years and by then players such as LDU and Larkey will be closer to 30 and be on the downhill slope.

Gold Coast need to think very long and very hard about appointing Damien Hardwick. I can see him dismantling the list and putting them back in the bottom four and they will not be able to get out.
All legit concerns but if we are happy to accept that some teams will get a distinct advantage with two non competitive teams then there is no reason to change things and just allow the competition to balance out over time.

If we want to try and fix the bottom of the ladder given we won't fix the draw then there are just two levers we can pull and they're via priority picks or the salary cap.