Man you are gonna love the A-League.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

2. Likes jeemak, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Priority Picks

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    He did say professional.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    They should manage all witness protection programs because no other organisation is so skilfully adept at eliminating every single shred of publicity and exposure.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The good news for us is that it looks like Essendon are refusing to offer anything more than $600,000 to Ben McKay meaning there’s no way the AFEL can offer up anything more than an end of First Rounder. Which is still a little generous. But anyhoo.

For us it means our firsts are just a little better for trading, and the GCS Pick would remain at Pick 4. Right in the sweet spot for the pointy end talent even allowing for one bid before - if we can trade it off them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The good news for us is that it looks like Essendon are refusing to offer anything more than $600,000 to Ben McKay meaning there’s no way the AFEL can offer up anything more than an end of First Rounder. Which is still a little generous. But anyhoo.

For us it means our firsts are just a little better for trading, and the GCS Pick would remain at Pick 4. Right in the sweet spot for the pointy end talent even allowing for one bid before - if we can trade it off them.
    I will wager that the AFL will still turn the McKay compo into a priority pick next to their 1st. Its just so AFL to meddle.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I will wager that the AFL will still turn the McKay compo into a priority pick next to their 1st. Its just so AFL to meddle.
    If they’re transparent we all have to cop it. If they try to slide it through, then there should be hell to pay.

North should target the Sydney’s first is its lie enough with Port’s First & 19. If they can get two top 10’s and Sanders as a top 10 charity too they should be content. The WCE bulk up picks too.

But let’s see if it’s only $600,000…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

a couple of big IFS but it would be awesome if we could pull it off

If we get pick 4 and If Twomey's latest Draft guide is anything to go by we could land the Wizz. I would be very happy.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    a couple of big IFS but it would be awesome if we could pull it off

If we get pick 4 and If Twomey's latest Draft guide is anything to go by we could land the Wizz. I would be very happy.
    The story I'm hearing is that every club with the exception of West Coast and NM are trying to get pick 4. Last year interest was not that high as taking on both Bowes and his contract was not seen as super positive by the majority of clubs...

I'm still not sure how we offer enough to get it done.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

14. Thanks Grantysghost, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom Morris
    North Melbourne has applied for a priority pick at the top of the draft, but Laura Kane's recommendation to the AFL Commission will instead likely be late first rounders in 2023/24, + a second rounder in 2024.

@NMFCOfficial - would be free to use these three selections however it chooses.

Gil is strongly involved in the Commission's decision, which will come on Monday. Whether they adopt the recommendations remains to be seen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Grantysghost, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tom Morris
    North Melbourne has applied for a priority pick at the top of the draft, but Laura Kane's recommendation to the AFL Commission will instead likely be late first rounders in 2023/24, + a second rounder in 2024.

@NMFCOfficial - would be free to use these three selections however it chooses.

Gil is strongly involved in the Commission's decision, which will come on Monday. Whether they adopt the recommendations remains to be seen.
    Late first rounder is not pick 11. It should be end of first round if they can do whatever they like with it. I don't think they should have anything all but that doesn't sound like pick 11 to me.

18. Likes josie liked this post