Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do we refuse do the the 1%?s ?

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Attitude reflects leadership. We don't demand the absolute best from each other, so for me they are clearly not committed to win a flag. Isn't that partly why Dunks left? Our players are not professional enough in their own standards & the expected standards of each other.
    Interesting angle. There were rumours that was a major reason Dunks left. Our consistent inconsistencies in this area certainly point to it being a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Do you have any proof to these claims about the lack of professionalism? No doubt in Covid times there was issues, but I have no reason to believe the standards aren?t high now? but you may have some insights that I don?t.
    All i have is 2nd/3rd/4th hand information. Dunks wasn't happy with the professionalism of his team mates & from what i heard he was vocal about that. Players don't miss him either apparently. One thing we can't knock on Dunks was his professionalism & demanded that of his team mates. Seems he wasn't seeing improvements in this area & left.

His comments during pre-season at the lions indicate to me thats what he was saying without saying it.

Is it true or partly true? From the outside looking in I would say there was some truth to it. I'm sure there are posters on here who would know if its way off the mark or wether there is something to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    All i have is 2nd/3rd/4th hand information. Dunks wasn't happy with the professionalism of his team mates & from what i heard he was vocal about that. Players don't miss him either apparently. One thing we can't knock on Dunks was his professionalism & demanded that of his team mates. Seems he wasn't seeing improvements in this area & left.

His comments during pre-season at the lions indicate to me thats what he was saying without saying it.

Is it true or partly true? From the outside looking in I would say there was some truth to it. I'm sure there are posters on here who would know if its way off the mark or wether there is something to it.
    That was just an excuse. Dunks didn't get along with Hunter and they had issues and maybe that is who he was talking about in regard to professionalism. At the end of the day, Dunks left for more money
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That was just an excuse. Dunks didn't get along with Hunter and they had issues and maybe that is who he was talking about in regard to professionalism. At the end of the day, Dunks left for more money
    When the salaries came out on the top 100 earners in the AFL I was surprised what Dunks was on. I think its nice to think thats all he left for instead of possibly being harsh & calling it out. I don't think he left for money.