Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  272
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 196

Thread: Unpopular takes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unpopular takes

    A safe space to get off your chest what you think would be "Unpopular Takes" either on woof or in the real world.

    I'll start,

    1) I really like listening to The Tradies podcast of Sam McClure and Mitch Cleary discussing all things trades, historical looks at how certain big trades or contract signings went down.

    2) I like hearing what Kane Cornes has to say - I don't always agree but like listening

    3) David King is the best analyst in the game
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    I sometimes leave before the end.

    I can't handle traffic anymore.

    Phew... There's a load off!

  4. Likes 1eyedog, Virgin-Dog, azabob liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    9,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I sometimes leave before the end.

    I can't handle traffic anymore.

    Phew... There's a load off!
    You're better than me. I love Friday night footy when we play, sit on the coach, heater on, 6er in the fridge. I'm starting to like that more than actually going, not that I can anyway. Friday is basketball night and enjoy watching my son play more than anything.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I sometimes leave before the end.

    I can't handle traffic anymore.

    Phew... There's a load off!
    I actually hate Friday night home games.

    I go but gee, by the end of the week I'm ready to put the feet up...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You're better than me. I love Friday night footy when we play, sit on the coach, heater on, 6er in the fridge. I'm starting to like that more than actually going, not that I can anyway. Friday is basketball night and enjoy watching my son play more than anything.
    It's definitely lost its magic going to the footy

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You're better than me. I love Friday night footy when we play, sit on the coach, heater on, 6er in the fridge. I'm starting to like that more than actually going, not that I can anyway. Friday is basketball night and enjoy watching my son play more than anything.
    Do you need to get off your chest your son is a better "baller" than you
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I actually hate Friday night home games.

    I go but gee, by the end of the week I'm ready to put the feet up...
    Yes! Same, just want to watch on TV.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    9,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you need to get off your chest your son is a better "baller" than you
    Haha. I've got a few years on him before he kicks my arse.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    2) I like hearing what Kane Cornes has to say - I don't always agree but like listening

    3) David King is the best analyst in the game
    Agree hard with #2. Cornes is reasonable, backs up what he says, changes his mind or backs down when he's proven wrong, and it's very, very easy to see when he's being 'sensationalist'.

    I don't fully agree with #3 but I like Kingy and he says smart stuff.

  13. Likes Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    61,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    1. I hate the lights flickering around the boundary, the loud PA with games at half time, Music at the footy - especially Marvel - really spoils the night.

    2. Sick of negative supporters - they are now bigger whinges than Essendon supporters (maybe not) We make finals every year and they sook. Come back to the early 80s and see how much fun that was (not)

    3. MSM - it is out of hand now.
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  15. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, josie, Bulldog4life liked this post
  16. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Re the op my unpopular take would be Buku he's lucky to be on a vfl list.
    Charlie Clarke, how was he so high in the draft.
    I don't think Bont is a great kick.
    West hasn't earned his arrogance.

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Western Suburbs
    Posts
    6,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    A safe space to get off your chest what you think would be "Unpopular Takes" either on woof or in the real world.

    I'll start,

    1) I really like listening to The Tradies podcast of Sam McClure and Mitch Cleary discussing all things trades, historical looks at how certain big trades or contract signings went down.

    2) I like hearing what Kane Cornes has to say - I don't always agree but like listening

    3) David King is the best analyst in the game
    I have the same guilty pleasure.

    Mine is that I actually don't mind a lot of Caro's takes and think Gerard Healy tends to be pretty complimentary in the way he commentates Dogs games.

  18. Likes azabob liked this post
  19. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    13,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Our list has holes everywhere and we're about where we deserve to be on the ladder.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  20. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
  21. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Scraggers is actually a good bloke.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  22. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes mjp, Scraggers, bulldogtragic liked this post
  23. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    8,426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unpopular takes

    Totally subjective and I know many will disagree and its okay.

    1. Keith Richards is a very overrated guitar player.

    2. Gerard Whately is seen as some sorta sporting oracle.. when I think he's just a 'Tankstander'. one of those who I doubt could play and would've been shouting out from the sidelines with all sorts of expert view on what should be done.

    3.I think Mel Jones and Callum Ferguson are much better cricket commentators than most who call the play on TV these days.

  24. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •