Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  272
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular takes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unpopular takes

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    This comment scares me too much to even take it to the nets.
    As much as I hate it I applaud ledge for getting eyeballs deep into the spirit of the thread.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Parish is as good as the Bont.
    Has to be a huge unpopular take by everyone who doesn?t support the bombers.
    You're cancelled
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Nick Larkey is as good as any KPF in the competition and should be in the same conversation as Charlie Curnow, Oscar Allen & Aaron Naughton
    Agreed. 50+ goals against AFL elite key backs in a VFL team is incredible.

Spends too much time on hair though.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Likes Mofra, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha you blokes are funny . Of course the Parish is better than Bont only comes from bombers supporters when they win , when they lose he needs to be delisted.
    Remember the bombers are apparently sacrificing short term for long term success. Meaning bringing Tippa back was insanely proving the opposite.
    Don’t shoot the messenger !
    It’s hilarious
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha you blokes are funny . Of course the Parish is better than Bont only comes from bombers supporters when they win , when they lose he needs to be delisted.
    Remember the bombers are apparently sacrificing short term for long term success. Meaning bringing Tippa back was insanely proving the opposite.
    It’s hilarious
    I thought it was funny Ledge and got a few people stirred up
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s hilarious
    I think it's funny too, but I think you should have stuck with the heel turn for one more post and really doubled down.
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My unpopular take: Winning a prelim is better than winning a grand final (though losing a grand final is worse than losing a prelim).

if you win a prelim you have a week of anticipation and possibility. If you win a grand final you’ve just got six months of no footy.

a corollary: we would have been better to lose the prelim against port in 2021 gallantly than lose the grand final the way we did.

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, Max469, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    My unpopular take: Winning a prelim is better than winning a grand final (though losing a grand final is worse than losing a prelim).

if you win a prelim you have a week of anticipation and possibility. If you win a grand final you’ve just got six months of no footy.

a corollary: we would have been better to lose the prelim against port in 2021 gallantly than lose the grand final the way we did.

Boots, is it better to have loved and had your heart broken or not to have loved at all?

So is it #1 or #3 for you? don't the cancel each other out?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Boots, is it better to have loved and had your heart broken or not to have loved at all?

So is it #1 or #3 for you? don't the cancel each other out?
    Aza I wish I could be logical about this one, but it's all just gut feel. I've always preferred the excitement of possibility to the certainty of resolution.

Probably explains why I'm still resolutely single into my 40s.

16. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post

I didn't like 2021. If we're gonna play like that, I would rather not win any prelims.

Actually, I take that back. I would still rather make it than not but sitting in the stands whilst Melbourne ran riot and rubbed our noses in it was zero fun. ZERO.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

18. Likes EasternWest, jeemak, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100%. Never knowing what it felt like to lose a Grand Final I was totally unprepared for how much it burns away inside you.

I've been clutching to the faint hope ever since that we can win a final and start to erase some of the melancoly, but now it seems I'm entering a new phase where I'm carrying repeated finals failures and the shit stain that was 2021 forward at the same time.

I don't like Grand Finals at all when we lose them and this one wasn't even real.

20. Likes EasternWest, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two good things about the 2021 grand final, and they are the fact Melbourne supporters didn't get to live it in person, and that it has the biggest asterisk of all time next to it.

The rest of it hurt so much.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

22. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    There are two good things about the 2021 grand final, and they are the fact Melbourne supporters didn't get to live it in person, and that it has the biggest asterisk of all time next to it.

The rest of it hurt so much.
    A Melbourne supporting mate said this exact same thing to me on the weekend. They didn't get to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I didn't like 2021. If we're gonna play like that, I would rather not win any prelims.

Actually, I take that back. I would still rather make it than not but sitting in the stands whilst Melbourne ran riot and rubbed our noses in it was zero fun. ZERO.
    I can only imagine what that absolutely catastrophic last 8 minutes of the 3rd qtr of the GF looked like live in the stands. It's the worst 8 minutes our team under Bevo has ever played, and it couldn't have been worse timed.

For mine, it still doesn't take away from our PF and SF victories in 2021. The 1st half against Port is the best football I have ever seen the Dogs play in my 51 years alive - it was total destruction and domination, brilliant skill and strength, and it was done in hostile territory and in the most difficult week of the year to win (which it is - we lost 7 PF's in a row in 25 years from 1985-2010). And the win against Brisbane the week prior on their own dunghill was full of character and courage - they barely lose at the Gabba at the best of times and we hung tough against a probably more talented opponent with weapons everywhere.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

25. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog, josie, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I can only imagine what that absolutely catastrophic last 8 minutes of the 3rd qtr of the GF looked like live in the stands. It's the worst 8 minutes our team under Bevo has ever played, and it couldn't have been worse timed.

For mine, it still doesn't take away from our PF and SF victories in 2021. The 1st half against Port is the best football I have ever seen the Dogs play in my 51 years alive - it was total destruction and domination, brilliant skill and strength, and it was done in hostile territory and in the most difficult week of the year to win (which it is - we lost 7 PF's in a row in 25 years from 1985-2010). And the win against Brisbane the week prior on their own dunghill was full of character and courage - they barely lose at the Gabba at the best of times and we hung tough against a probably more talented opponent with weapons everywhere.
    It was even more amazing, considering we travelled Melbourne- Launceston, Launceston to Brisbane and not even allowed out of our rooms, then had to Fly to Perth to dodge some Covid rules before we flew into Adelaide for the prelim, and finally Adelaide to Perth for GF. Mentally we were shot.

I don't think any team has endured a travelling schedule like that. All finals should have been played in Perth.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

27. Likes josie liked this post