Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  272
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular takes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unpopular takes

I am OK with Josh Dunkley winning another premiership and have no bitterness or animosity towards him.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes GVGjr, macca, EasternWest, Max469, Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    i am ok with josh dunkley winning another premiership and have no bitterness or animosity towards him.
    boooooooooo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes hujsh, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I am OK with Josh Dunkley winning another premiership and have no bitterness or animosity towards him.
    I'm a petty, lesser man so can't share your lack of antipathy towards the bloke but would dearly love to see him gloating on the dais in a month if it helps light some sort of fire under our blokes.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm a petty, lesser man so can't share your lack of antipathy towards the bloke but would dearly love to see him gloating on the dais in a month if it helps light some sort of fire under our blokes.
    Players shouldn’t need that to spur them on.

It’s the way he tried to leave earlier to Bummers that made me angry. That and the fact I just find him annoying (even when he played for us he was one of my least liked, felt he was a cardboard cutout somehow, cannot really say why). With benefit of hindsight would like to have seen him go to Bummers and enjoy being a champ in a poor team. I don’t hold animosity towards most exes eg Lipinski, Schache, Young, Hunter - wish them well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    . Friday is basketball night and enjoy watching my son play more than anything.
    I still play indoor sports even though I'll be 60 next year-ive gone from being an overly competitive middle aged bloke to an overly competitive old bloke.

I play indoor handball and soccer. Last year I was goal keeping in an indoor soccer game and all of a sudden my son is running at me with the ball an his feet. I remember thinking that there can't be anything better than this.

Anyway he lobbed it over my shoulder into the back of the net and made me look a proper git. Obviously he regretted it as he walked home.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes josie, EasternWest, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Players shouldn?t need that to spur them on.
    In furious agreement Josie, they shouldn't, but this mob plainly needs something to maintain the rage.

Maybe it's watching a once valued teammate lift a cup in different colours.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

10. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Toast sucks.
    Vinegar tastes great on steak and roast beef

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    In furious agreement Josie, they shouldn't, but this mob plainly needs something to maintain the rage.

Maybe it's watching a once valued teammate lift a cup in different colours.
    No. I get the feeling they'd be really happy for him and then forget all about it inside a fortnight.

13. Likes josie, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No. I get the feeling they'd be really happy for him and then forget all about it inside a fortnight.
    I really hope we're not that team where decent enough players come to cruise through a career and get paid well doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that we are in danger of potentially not adding another premiership in the near future, in hindsight I really don't like history forever documenting Bob Murphy raising the 2016 premiership cup alongside Easton Wood. That was an iconic, historic moment that should have been between senior coach and captain on the day (and majority of the season). It was Bevo's moment and Bob was all too eager to remain on the podium with Easton.

I know Bevo initiated it but Bob should have read the room and quietly exited stage left to allow Bevo his moment to raise the cup with Easton. Bevo already brought Bob to the podium and acknowledged his significant contribution in his speech - IMO Bob didn't deserve the additional "me time" of holding the cup aloft, which to be frank he had very little to do with on-field throughout the season (and nothing to do with on GF day).

I know I'm shooting Bambi but the thread is called "Unpolular Takes"
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Now that we are in danger of potentially not adding another premiership in the near future, in hindsight I really don't like history forever documenting Bob Murphy raising the 2016 premiership cup alongside Easton Wood. That was an iconic, historic moment that should have been between senior coach and captain on the day (and majority of the season). It was Bevo's moment and Bob was all too eager to remain on the podium with Easton.

I know Bevo initiated it but Bob should have read the room and quietly exited stage left to allow Bevo his moment to raise the cup with Easton. Bevo already brought Bob to the podium and acknowledged his significant contribution in his speech - IMO Bob didn't deserve the additional "me time" of holding the cup aloft, which to be frank he had very little to do with on-field throughout the season (and nothing to do with on GF day).

Great unpopular nomination for this thread, but I will take some time to think it over before opining myself.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree. If you watch closely, Bevo actually goes to raise the cup with Easton (and possibly jointly with Murph) but Murph is overly enthusiastic and forgets Bevo is even there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I tend to agree. If you watch closely, Bevo actually goes to raise the cup with Easton (and possibly jointly with Murph) but Murph is overly enthusiastic and forgets Bevo is even there.
    Bevo already gave him his coaches medal - I reckon that's more than enough reward and acknowledgement. The Bevo speech and the initial embrace with Bob was a poignant and beautiful moment - Bob's presence should have ended there IMO.

It's a total hindsight call on my behalf - I was in absolute raptures at the MCG on the day.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

20. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yep, was a running joke with my friend circle for ages.
    Poor Bevo got shafted. His arm moves towards grabbing it then he stops.

22. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo already gave him his coaches medal - that's more than enough reward and acknowledgement. The Bevo speech and the initial embrace with Bob was poignant and beautiful - Bob's presence should have ended there IMO.
    Totally agree.