Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Its win or bust: Libba on the Dogs run home

link

Gun midfielder Tom Liberatore says the team will approach each of the remaining home-and-away matches as must-win.
    The Bulldogs comfortably accounted for fellow finals contenders Richmond last Friday night, and with meetings against Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong to come in the run home, Liberatore said the same importance will be placed on each encounter.

?Last weekend was probably the big one we needed to win, but in saying that there are no easy games,? Liberatore told SEN over the weekend.

?We struggled with Hawthorn in Tassie a couple of years ago and only won by a few goals last year. In terms of this week, it?s the same thing really ? it?s win or bust.

?We?ve just got to approach this week like we have the last few weeks. Barring the losses to the Sydney sides, the last month has been pretty positive.

?It?s a big task ? Hawthorn have been really competitive so it should be a good battle.?

Liberatore has been one of the Dogs? most consistent midfielders this season.

He has accumulated 284 contested possessions ? second across the league only to skipper Marcus Bontempelli?s 285 ? to go with an average of 28.2 disposals, 6.8 tackles and 8.3 clearances.

023 SEASON AVERAGES
    DISPOSALS28.2ABOVE AVG.
    DISPOSAL EFFICIENCY74.4ABOVE AVG.
    STOPPAGE CLEARANCES5.3ELITE
    CENTRE CLEARANCES2.9ELITE
    TACKLES6.8ELITE

Liberatore said the key to his on-field success and impact this year is simple.
    ?I missed a game as well so I?ve probably got him (covered),? Liberatore joked of Bontempelli pipping him by one contested possession.

?I?m just enjoying footy at the moment. It?s been good just building this year.

?I?ve been happy to play every week to be honest, and to get away with no knee soreness which is nice.?
    Liberatore also praised ruck Tim English for his silver service in 2023.

?(Tim) has been more consistent this year. Even just that appetite he has each game ? I think his work rate sets him apart from other ruckmen,? he said.

?His ability to compete both on the ground and in the air ? he?s pretty courageous.

?To play with a ruckman like that certainly lifts others around him as well. He?s great to play with.?
    The Bulldogs will meet Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium this Sunday afternoon.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Its win or bust: Libba on the Dogs run home

Maybe just treat every game as if it's a must win.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Maybe just treat every game as if it's a must win.
    Shame it’s not our mentality ever week of the season.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

4. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Shame it?s not our mentality ever week of the season.
    Apart from the 2 first losses of the season, every other match we've been in up to our eyeballs. I'm not sure we've taken any teams lightly.

This weekend will be an interesting test.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Eastdog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Apart from the 2 first losses of the season, every other match we've been in up to our eyeballs. I'm not sure we've taken any teams lightly.

Very similar to 2016 when we only had one bad game and the rest of the losses were under 4 goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

A bit of a danger game despite the Hawks being out of the race now. We really must stem Sicily's influence as he was a huge part to their win over the Pies.

A win will pretty much get us there with another win after that required to guarantee finals.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Very similar to 2016 when we only had one bad game and the rest of the losses were under 4 goals.
    Only that Geelong game in 2016 where we lost by a lot 57 points.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"