Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everyone is RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I couldn't engage because I don't know what the Rorshack Test was and looking up the definition confused me even more.
    Ink blot test. Where you just say whatever you see. People see different things looking at same ink blot. Despite it being the same. Was used as a personality test back in the day.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Get well MJP!

3. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    - I have shingles right now and it is kicking my butt pretty bad.
    Hopefully a quick recovery. My wife had it many years ago, and wasn't pleasant for her.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got shingles after my third COVID Vaccine, my wife got it just after her second COVID Vaccine. Don't know if it was just a coincidence but that is what happened.

Super painful and knocked us both for six. All the best for a speedy recovery.

7. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

May be there's nothing wrong with the plan (what ever that is) but the cattle to implement it. If player A is given a task and he is either too slow, not strong enough or not mentally capable. So give it player B and its not much different so the hands get tied.
    When we are allowed to play our way we can be quite brutal but if the screws are applied or we get given a taste of our own medicine we don't have the speed and mongrel to stop it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

9. Likes DOG GOD, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get well soon MJP.

Is it the players conditioning that can be incorporated into the close losses?
    We use ALOT of petrol tickets to get those 20 point leads. A lot of running, a lot of inside 50’s for in most part, little result on the scoreboard. Many many times I e watched games and by the 10 min mark of the 3rd we look out on our feet. Are we just not fit enough ? Who is the conditioning coach and how long has he been at the dogs ?

I’m not saying this is THE reason. I also think our lack of leadership on field, lack of player focus, the coaches unable to generate a plan B etc etc are also in the mix.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    May be there's nothing wrong with the plan (what ever that is) but the cattle to implement it. If player A is given a task and he is either too slow, not strong enough or not mentally capable. So give it player B and its not much different so the hands get tied.
    When we are allowed to play our way we can be quite brutal but if the screws are applied or we get given a taste of our own medicine we don't have the speed and mongrel to stop it.
    Then it’s the wrong plan. Simple as that.

Bevo has been on record saying he will use what is available to him and build a style that suits the personnel.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No dilemma if we said to Bevo; let?s talk about your contract at the end of 2023. We are a results based organisation and we believe you will get us to top 4 in 2023 so let?s talk then. There?s no rush.

But nooo. The one older brother had to go and screw it all up.

Two years salary on the line, straight out of the soft cap. We signed BMac early and it cost us. We seemingly want to sign everyone early and then wonder why if best laid plans fail we have/might have to pay out big money for nothing. Did we learn nothing from paying out BMac?

Would Bevo be re-signed right now? Would the club have had clandestine conversations with others just in case we didn?t by now?
    Coach payouts are generally capped at 6 months, regardless of the time left on their contract.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    For 45min we were statues and it was unacceptable. I can deal with the other losses, but yesterday hit different.
    Maybe it hit different because we had the most obvious lever to pull all season (tag Newcombe) and we did it half an hour late, and with the wrong player.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Coach payouts are generally capped at 6 months, regardless of the time left on their contract.
    Are you sure? I read that Simpsons payout at Eagles would be huge and that is why he is being kept on? Gotta pay for those hungry Jacks Franchises
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are you sure? I read that Simpsons payout at Eagles would be huge and that is why he is being kept on? Gotta pay for those hungry Jacks Franchises
    The six month clause is likely linked to afl assistance packages.

Eagles can afford to pay out Simpson, but they will go over the soft cap and get taxed.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought the six month rule is conditional. In that you need to be a basket case club the AFEL is funding because they can’t turn a profit - hence why Saints/Ratten was six months. The AFEL don’t want to be in effect paying these huge coach pay outs. Since we turn a profit, it wouldn’t apply.

I found this extract:

The new AFL rule stipulates that every contract exceeding $215,000 struck with coaches and staff at debt-ridden and AFL-assisted clubs must be approved by Auld and include a settlement of no more than six months.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Get well soon MJP.

Is it the players conditioning that can be incorporated into the close losses?
    We use ALOT of petrol tickets to get those 20 point leads. A lot of running, a lot of inside 50’s for in most part, little result on the scoreboard. Many many times I e watched games and by the 10 min mark of the 3rd we look out on our feet. Are we just not fit enough ? Who is the conditioning coach and how long has he been at the dogs ?

I’m not saying this is THE reason. I also think our lack of leadership on field, lack of player focus, the coaches unable to generate a plan B etc etc are also in the mix.
    Matt Inness? He's probably been there 5 years.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Matt Inness? He's probably been there 5 years.
    Chris Bell as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt Innes has been at the club for 9 years and 10 months.

He was VFL Strength and Conditioning coach for one year.
    He was High Performance Coach for another year.
    For the last 8 Years he has been the Head of Sport Science and Physical Performance.

23. Likes DOG GOD liked this post