Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  132
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 24 vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Whats happened to Cody Weightman over the last month? I guess he will still be picked but if this was the middle of the season he should be back with the Footscray boys
    Might be overly rough, but I think there's a petulance to our forward-line and Cody is one of the prime suspects - if he's not kicking goals, he doesn't look particularly pleased with what's happening around him.

One aspect of his game that's absolutely dire is the way he sets up team-mates. He's provided a grand total of...8 goal assists for the year. That's behind:
    Naughton (22)
    Bont (19)
    Libba (15)
    Macrae (13)
    Marra (13)
    Daniel (11)
    West (10)

And equal with Lobb and Treloar.

2. Likes Testekill, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely Tobias comes into the team, his form in the VFL has been outstanding.

Outs:
    VDM, MaCrae (obviously injured), McNeil (like why sub? he offers nothing)

Ins:
    McLean, JJ and Libba. Putting West into the Sub/impact Role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Might be overly rough, but I think there's a petulance to our forward-line and Cody is one of the prime suspects - if he's not kicking goals, he doesn't look particularly pleased with what's happening around him.

One aspect of his game that's absolutely dire is the way he sets up team-mates. He's provided a grand total of...8 goal assists for the year. That's behind:
    Naughton (22)
    Bont (19)
    Libba (15)
    Macrae (13)
    Marra (13)
    Daniel (11)
    West (10)

And equal with Lobb and Treloar.
    He?s a pure opportunist and can actually kick straight so despite the copious flaws he?s still comfortably ensconced ahead of whatever 3rd rate mid we task with giving us something, anything, down there.

Hard to imagine where it?s all gone wrong really.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Outs:

Ins:
    I don't mind these changes except we need to keep playing West. I'd prefer on of our wingman be the sub, Poulter, Baker or Williams.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Outs:

Ins:
    I like these changes too - but I'd keep West in the side and give Baker the sub role. I don't think they'll bring McLean in as he seems to have had his papers stamped, but we could've used him on the weekend.

It's a frustrating week for selection, if we were truly out of the running you could bring in Buss, Clarke and Gallagher for a taste, but I think we still have to roll out our 'best 22' and give it a crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Only 6 mids have had more than 2 CBAs for the season total. Libba is coming back. No way Tobias plays, unless in a HFF/wing role that he will struggle in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Great call on Weightman. Said exactly this yesterday too. His footy has gone back to what it was the last few weeks. Disappointing he seems to not get pulled up on it
    I don't know where his head's at atm he's actually not getting anywhere near it either and is a shadow of his former self. He's not on his Pat Malone there I know but he's pretty much had an unfettered run at senior selection since he debuted, I guess he plays because he's structurally so important. Helps when you don't have genuine pressure on your spot as well. Westy may change that next season.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Chance both Hawkins and Cameron don’t play this week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Chance both Hawkins and Cameron don’t play this week.
    Boo. Let them play. Need to send off Isaac Smith with a win.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duryea offered 1 match suspension for rough conduct on Cripps.

Cleary for VDM
    Libba for Macrae or Baz (big statement)
    I love him but seriously thinking Weightman should be dropped too, perhaps Clarke replacing him
    Garcia replacing McNeill as sub

13. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund

"There is doubt over Jeremy Cameron AND Tom Hawkins ahead of the final round, with the Cats finals hopes now dashed. A few surgeries booked in at the Cattery, too. The Bulldogs haven't won down there for 20 years, but they might be about to get one of their best chances."

“Jeremy Cameron, my understanding is he will not play the final game of the year, in fact he’s set for surgery on that shoulder injury we told you he copped way back in Round 15 when he was on the receiving end of the friendly fire from Gary Rohan."

“His partner in crime, Tom Hawkins, I believe will also miss this game having been bothered by a hamstring of late as well, bothered in that game on the weekend. I think you can put a line through him."

“I think there’s a few surgeries booked in as well. Even though they’re not playing at the moment, Gary Rohan and Mark Blicavs (both hamstring injuries) will be put under the knife as well."

Post Thanks / Like

Ha. You can't make this up. The Dogs are shortening by the minute in the odds. We are almost favourites when before and after yesterday's results we were rank outsiders.

Who is stupid enough to back the Bulldogs after what we served up yesterday? I actually think the more players they rest, the harder for us to win. Reverse psychology. Our squad can't cope with expectations.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 21-08-2023 at 09:02 PM.

16. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sydney, GWS, Hawthorn and West Coast. 4 expected wins. A reasonable expectation of a top four finish.

But we lost all. What adjustments were done following each loss? Cannot think of any other than what was forced because of injury.

Weightman (1,1,0,1) kicked 3 goals across all 4 games. JUH 4 goals (1,0,2,1), Naughton 3,1,0,1=5

4 must win games and our star forwards manage a goal each per game (on average). What was done to add some firepower to an obviously dysfunctional forward line? Nothing. Only needed 1 more goal In 1 of them to stabilise the team enough to make finals a certainty. But I cannot remember a move.

If something is not working, look at the players, and if they happen to be the right player, drop them. This was done in the past.
    Thinks - Stringer in 2016. And others. Now, along with no selection integrity, there is no discipline for team (club) benefit.

Are we going to get a win against a weakened Geelong? Will ?set and repeat? work this time? I hope so because I expect that is the sum total of the game plan.

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Sydney, GWS, Hawthorn and West Coast. 4 expected wins. A reasonable expectation of a top four finish.

But we lost all. What adjustments were done following each loss? Cannot think of any other than what was forced because of injury.

Weightman (1,1,0,1) kicked 3 goals across all 4 games. JUH 4 goals (1,0,2,1), Naughton 3,1,0,1=5

4 must win games and our star forwards manage a goal each per game (on average). What was done to add some firepower to an obviously dysfunctional forward line? Nothing. Only needed 1 more goal In 1 of them to stabilise the team enough to make finals a certainty. But I cannot remember a move.

If something is not working, look at the players, and if they happen to be the right player, drop them. This was done in the past.
    Thinks - Stringer in 2016. And others. Now, along with no selection integrity, there is no discipline for team (club) benefit.

Are we going to get a win against a weakened Geelong? Will ?set and repeat? work this time? I hope so because I expect that is the sum total of the game plan.
    The trouble Danjul is not many replacements in the VFL to bring in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The trouble Danjul is not many replacements in the VFL to bring in.
    I am not suggesting that the cure is who you bring in, it could be who you put out for 2 weeks.

Seems to have worked with Lobb.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post